Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Any guard found to have passed on information on a case to a journalist should be fired..

They need all the money they can get to pay the garda credit union back. Only Credit Union I ever heard that you can send a text msg asking for a 1000 euro loan and get an ok text back in 10mins. If Guards Credit Union ever goes tits up most of the garda will be sacked because isn't there some law that they can't go bankrupt or they lose their job?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Think its much better when Sams in the seat (without Mary, not Vinny) tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me why I am watching Tonight with Vincent Browne without Vincent Browne?

Can't help you sadly, Can anyone tell me why Matt Cooper is a guest and not the presenter?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Very good episode tonight imo.. Ryan didn't get much air time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Can someone please tell me why I am watching Tonight with Vincent Browne without Vincent Browne?
    Skid wrote: »
    Can't help you sadly, Can anyone tell me why Matt Cooper is a guest and not the presenter?

Vinny is on a summer break, wouldnt the poor man need it as he gets so stressed when some of his guests will not answer questions:D.

Is one job not enough for Matt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sully wrote: »
    Very good episode tonight imo.. Ryan didn't get much air time lol

Yeah good episode.. I love the way Elaine Byrne cant help but be belligerent.. bringing up about Sam Smyth / Frank Connollly etc etc, when most other guests would have avoided the issues.. I always find Pat Rabbitte interesting as well, he has a great turn of phrase..

I always feel a bit sorry for Eamonn Ryan.. He's always passionately running about the place like Chicken Little, but nobody takes him seriously..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sky get 500m in revenue in ireland? Don't think so pet.

Pay TV gets around €500m per year in Ireland the lions share of which ends up in Sky's hands. BSkyB have a huge portfiolio of channels not just their own but also partnerships such as Nick, National Geographic, Comedy Central etc. They also have over reached cable as the main provider of Pay TV. UPC have to pay sky for Sky channels. Sky has a huge presence in this country.

They do this in the states alot with their main evening news.

Voice over should have "Your like OMG watching Vincent Browne Tonight without Vincent Browne but with a new presenter each week {slash} night, can you hear me smile went I read out this notice?" Or they could just go with "This is Vincent Browne Tongiht live from TV3 studios Dublin, sitting in for Vincent Browne Sam Smyth on the panel ....."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Both Sam Smyth and Matt Copper got very defensive when Denis O'Brien was mention on the show. Denis O'Brien's communicorp has a huge presence in this country a raft of Radio services and shares in INM. Elaine Byrne was wrong to suggest that Sky get 400 to 500m in advertising revenue this is not the case Sky TV channels get around 40m altogether (Sky 1, News, Sports News, Living, Living+1, Sports 1 and Sports 2, Nick, NickJr and Comedy Central), however it comes close to 500m per year for Pay TV from subscriptions when you take into consideration not only Sky Subscribers but also other platform subscribers who pay sky indirectly.

Disappointing to see Sam and Matt continue to happily distribute the myth that there masters in TV3 and Communicorp like to push, while Sky continue to eat up their revenues.

Yeah there are serious issues with objectivity for nearly all of the stand in presenters... These people all have comfortable enough lifestyles already, why the hell didnt TV3 give somebody new a chance... Cassie for example.. :)

Who's on tonight?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Here's hoping they get the ad break right tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Good panel apart from Noonan who is clueless in general. Constantin is THE Vinnie guest and Peter Brown is impressive. Shame Paul Sommerville isn't on.

Does Constantin not know about the VB dress code?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Jaysis I was feeling optimistic after watching the news...then switched over to see Constantin AKA Mr Doom and Gloom. JonathanAnon I challenge you to find an image of Constantin smiling !

Federal Europe, go on will one of them say it.

jos28 wrote: »
    Jaysis I was feeling optimistic after watching the news...then switched over to see Constantin AKA Mr Doom and Gloom. JonathanAnon I challenge you to find an image of Constantin smiling !

Constantin Smiling

167951.bmp

JonathanAnon I challenge you to find an image of Constantin smiling !

My digital TV is down tonight.. All I'm seeing is static shapes..

To be fair to Constantin, they have called it all along.. They said that the problem would kick on throughout Europe to Greece / Portugal / Italy / Spain and it did..

I thought David Norris was embarrassing today... Talking himself up, like Louis Walsh talking up his latest band... And he nominated himself, I mean would you really bother running for an election that you have to nominate yourself for?

If opinion polls for the same election were telling you you'd win it I think you would!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I thought David Norris was embarrassing today... Talking himself up, like Louis Walsh talking up his latest band... And he nominated himself, I mean would you really bother running for an election that you have to nominate yourself for?
    It was a bit cringeworthy alright.

Must say I'm not looking forward to Ger Colleran presenting.

On another note... did Martin King dye his hair?

• Advertisement

Overhyped, he has only the support of one council who want to back out now and the political parties won't support him. I can't see him getting his name on the ballot paper.

dambarude wrote: »
    If opinion polls for the same election were telling you you'd win it I think you would!

Even the people who nominated him, including John Crown and Catherine Murphy were mealy mouthed in their backing.. They were saying they were doing it to upload the democratic process.. i.e. since David Norris was so popular in the polls he should be given the opportunity to run... RATHER than actually fully backing him..

Is he presenting the show for a full week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Same here, then he raised a few points about how the baseline interest rate rise will probably swallow all the gains we made and I was a bit crestfallen. I never even thought of that, damn you Count and your numerical wizardry :(
    And he nominated himself, I mean would you really bother running for an election that you have to nominate yourself for?
    Last time I looked he was a member the Oireachtas, he's got a vote like everyone else there and is free to use it.

It does however speak volumes of our electoral system both national and local that such a popular candidate is struggling to get the numbers to even be allowed to run in the election.

I think he's only on for one night.

Must say I'm not looking forward to Ger Colleran presenting.
    me neither..
    On another note... did Martin King dye his hair?
    That's Conor Clear.. Martin King either got the bullet or is on holidays..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Didn't Mammy say that he had pulled out of the presenting gig? Or did I dream that?

He's still on the ads if he has. I'd be surprised if he pulled out, it would be good publicity surely?
    EDIT: I think she actually said he pulled out of the Presidential candidates show they had last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

He's still on the ads if he has. I'd be surprised if he pulled out, it would be good publicity surely?
    EDIT: I think she actually said he pulled out of the Presidential candidates show they had last week.

So wasn't dreaming but wasn't exactly awake, either. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

I wonder how Constatin's ancestors reacted to the discovery of how to make fire or invention of the wheel....

"Great. Now these fuckin fires will roll all over Europe. The contagion will be unstoppable. In my calulations in 3.2 years...... blah blah"

• Advertisement

Hi guys, For those of you who are fans of Constantin Gurdgiev, Sam Smyth interviewed him on his "Sam Smyth On Sunday" show on Newstalk TodayFM yesterday... It's on the podcast (Part 1: starts about 24:00).. He talks about leaving Moscow, how he landed here, Mario Rosenstock's impressions of him, his personal life... etc etc.. it's worth a listen..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement