Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hi guys, For those of you who are fans of Constantin Gurdgiev, Sam Smyth interviewed him on his "Sam Smyth On Sunday" show on Newstalk yesterday... It's on the podcast (Part 1: starts about 24:00).. He talks about leaving Moscow, how he landed here, Mario Rosenstock's impressions of him, his personal life... etc etc.. it's worth a listen..

It was actually on TodayFM, here's the link...

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekends/Sunday-Supplement/Sam-Smyth-Blog.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

watch.jpg

Any point in starting the show at this hour... And with that rat Colleran presenting??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jesus whats with the hair!

Did Declan Power voice one of the characters in Madagascar?

madagascar250c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

dambarude wrote: »
    Must say I'm not looking forward to Ger Colleran presenting.

On another note... did Martin King dye his hair?

Seems the best presenter so far of the 3 so far. Good guests tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

good old ger casey, fighting the good fight for the vatican.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

'The Vatican are the good guys' ... what medication is that fool on?

bluefinger wrote: »
    good old ger casey, fighting the good fight for the vatican.

I really am shocked with him defending the indefensible..

This clown should be fired out of a cannon...

Definitely best stand in presenter so far IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Canon Law...Sheesh, this guy is deluded.

i'm shocked he's paid by a third level institute to teach young people philosophy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

That gob****e 'security analyst' is on again. Que the hilarious comments. Pretty decent debate so far in spite of him

i'm shocked he's paid by a third level institute to teach young people philosophy

That is truly shocking.. How can he defend The Vatican?
    That gob****e 'security analyst' is on again. Que the hilarious comments. Pretty decent debate so far in spite of him

I dont know whether it's his voice or what he says, but I find it very hard to take him seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Canon Law...Sheesh, this guy is deluded.

This is a republic, not the Vatican.

Ger Casey still does not get it, it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

This clown should be fired out of a cannon...

I can see some of his argument about Enda speech blaming the Vatican almost alone for the child abuse. The Irish Catholic could have dealt with child abuse rather than saying "well I told the bosses back in the Vatican, what could I do about it? crap that the Irish bishops came out with. Fact also was that Pope John Paul didn't want to deal with child abuse scandal and left it for Ratzinger to deal with when he become pope.

How can he defend The Vatican?

Anyone that can write a paper on angelology can probably convince themselves of anything.

Pleased to see that tomorrow's papers in the main appear to be ignoring the Vatican's hissy fit ....

:p

Anyone that can write a paper on angelology can probably convince themselves of anything.

Okay, well I'm not that familiar with the lad.. Has he ever been on before.. He deliberately avoided certain questions, and gave stock answers for others i.e. "anybody guilty of a crime should be dealt with by the courts"... The core of this issue is that the Church/Vatican KNEW it had child abusers in it's ranks and chose to give prominance to protecting it's own reputation rather than protecting children from the sex abusers... And that is truly sickening.. For him to defend the Vatican is also sickening and I find it dangerous that this lad is lecturing young minds.. It seems that he too wishes to sweep the issues under the carpet, rather than acknowledge the failures of the Catholic Church..

angelology ... I thought I knew all my ologies but that's a new one on me, what is it? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Sure he has stood for the Christian Solidarity Party (him and a hairy fat bloke from Meath are in it http://manusmacmeanmain.weebly.com/index.html) in numerous elections.
    He's a loon.

Callan57 wrote: »
    angelology ... I thought I knew all my ologies but that's a new one on me, what is it? :confused:

the study of angels, obviously. :p how many angels can dance on the head of a pin etc. I witnessed mr Casey first hand good few years back in ucd. he leads a cadre of catholic apologists up there. gave a course where he tried to rubbish eastern philosophy for 12 weeks. while i've nothing against a philosopher having a personal faith i've seen way too many that make a career out of using fuzzy logic to flog a dead philosophical horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Hi guys, For those of you who are fans of Constantin Gurdgiev, Sam Smyth interviewed him on his "Sam Smyth On Sunday" show on Newstalk TodayFM yesterday... It's on the podcast (Part 1: starts about 24:00).. He talks about leaving Moscow, how he landed here, Mario Rosenstock's impressions of him, his personal life... etc etc.. it's worth a listen..
    Thanks for that Jonathan :) it was interesting to hear Constantin talk about himself, pity it wasn't a longer interview.

Anyone know who's on tonight lads.. Is it just another token half hour of a show.. I'm not gonna bother with it any more if that's the case..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Anyone know who's on tonight lads.. Is it just another token half hour of a show.. I'm not gonna bother with it any more if that's the case..

sarah mcinerney, aine kerr and cassie talking about fluffy things. miss it if you dare. :pac:

sarah mcinerney, aine kerr and cassie talking about fluffy things. miss it if you dare. :pac:

I suggest a pillow fight to decide who gets control of the Twitter machine

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

According to my Sky planner the programme will run from 11:30 to 12:30 tonight. I'm not a fan of Gerard Colleran as you know but I thought he was very comfortable with presenting last night.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    According to my Sky planner the programme will run from 11:30 to 12:30 tonight.

any mention of a pillow fight, mud wrestling.. ??

they keep pushing it later every night.. it will be starting at 3am by the time Vinny gets back..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

they keep pushing it later every night.. it will be starting at 3am by the time Vinny gets back..

It's repeated again at 6am, that's when I usually catch it. Still don't know why they don't put it on earlier

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement