Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Colleran has got a good panel of guests again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There should be an interpreter for Damian English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Meath FG TD on tonight. Where do they get these fvcking ejits from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What mart was it that elected him...

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Ah that Meath accent.. Damien back to the farm with ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Is that the FG lad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

He sounds like Brad Pitt in Snatch.

I love Pearse's accent sooooooooooooooo much but I wish he had dressed up for me tonight. I'm not liking this casual look.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Is that the FG lad?
    Yes

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I love Pearse's accent sooooooooooooooo much but I wish he had dressed up for me tonight.

I hate when our male politicians are treated as sex objects.. We need to set up our own support group and we could appear on one of Vincent's left wing shows...

Actually, wasnt Damien English voted the "most handsome male politician" in the last election? Thought I heard that on the radio, possibly DriveTime... or possibly Brenda Donohue salivating over men as usual..

• Advertisement

Or subtitles :D

Jaysus Dearbhail must have got a makeover from Brendan Courtney..

Actually, wasnt Damien English voted the "most handsome male politician" in the last election? Thought I heard that on the radio, possibly DriveTime... or possibly Brenda Donohue salivating over men as usual..

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I didn't vote for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Axe a hundred ratings boards that we don't need and save a billion euro or raise half a million through this stupid charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Ger Colleran has to be the best stand-in prestenter they have had yet. He's very professional at it and seems undaunted by the role unlike Mary O'Rourke.

He has a twinkle in his eye too like he's on the brink of winding someone up. I hope he gets more of this type of work in the future.

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Ger Colleran has to be the best stand-in prestenter they have had yet. He's very professional at it and seems undaunted by the role unlike Mary O'Rourke.

He has a twinkle in his eye too like he's on the brink of winding someone up. I hope he gets more of this type of work in the future.
    I'm not a fan of the man at all, I think he is very smug but I have to agree, he has been the best presenter so far.

I'm not a fan of the man at all, I think he is very smug but I have to agree, he has been the best presenter so far.

He is certainly comfortable and quick with the camera, intros and questioning.. but I cant stand the man.. Particularly when he takes the moral high ground given the rag that he edits..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Damien is harder to understand than Charlie McCreevy ... has he stones in his gob or what?

Callan57 wrote: »
    Damien is harder to understand than Charlie McCreevy ... has he stones in his gob or what?

He's reminding me of an ad a few years ago where some girl passed her number to a guy in a pub and he called the number after she left saying "Hiya Kate! It's me, the guy from the bar!" He had a bit of a mental bogman accent and a voice not unlike Damian English.

He is certainly comfortable and quick with the camera, intros and questioning.. but I cant stand the man.. Particularly when he takes the moral high ground given the rag that he edits..
    Colleran is fierce ambitious, he worked in provincial newspapers for years before going to the Star. He has been a very successful editor, the Star may be a rag but it has a circulation of 100,000 approx. a day.

• Advertisement

Eddie playing to the gallery here.. How does he expect Damian to know about this, it's not his brief ffs...

"I think it's very clear what he's saying - he doesn't know" :D

Callan57 wrote: »
    Jaysus the lads in Killnascully are easier to understand than Damien. I hope Enda sends him to Anton in the Communications Clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

ColeTrain wrote: »
    "I think it's very clear what he's saying - he doesn't know" :D

Vinny himself could hardly have delivered that line any better :D

Jaysus the lads in Killnascully are easier to understand than Damien. I hope Enda sends him to Anton in the Communications Clinic.

I don't know how Hobb's debated him there at all..

Damien has a monobrow :eek: :eek:

Damien has a monobrow :eek: :eek:

I thought it was called a unibrow!! :pac:

They are called "monobrows" where I live :D

s-MONOBROW-large.jpg

They are called "monobrows" where I live :D

I suppose you travel on the monorail to work. I have to ride on my unicycle :P

mharte_199104t.jpg

• Advertisement

He'd wanna drop the sarcasm when he's reviewing the papers, unless he's vying for Tubridy's 9am job.. Notice he's not sarcastic when reading out the headlines of his own paper...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement