Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

He won't give Jan a chance at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Why the hell would we borrow at 6% to give to any other foreign country... Whatever about helping them, we are just digging a bigger hole for ourselves..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Why the hell would we borrow at 6% to give to any other foreign country... Whatever about helping them, we are just digging a bigger hole for ourselves..

So we can pat ourselves on the back and say how great we are ;)

That point by McCarthy on Defence spending really being Aid by a different aim is very interesting.

I can't make up my mind whether Foreign Aid should be cut or not, halving it seems to be the best plan. Cutting it completely sounds very harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Sit up straight there Colm your giving me vertigo :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

An example of reasoned interesting debate. Get rid of Vinny......Colleran is actually very good. ....(pains me to say that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Ger asking another question while the guest is still answering the first one is very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Happyman42 wrote: »
    An example of reasoned interesting debate. Get rid of Vinny......Colleran is actually very good. ....(pains me to say that!)

I agree he is quite good. He is putting a big effort into it so he must be after a current affairs presenting job now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

personally i think colleran looks good only in relation to the garbage presenters the show has featured in the past few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

bluefinger wrote: »
    personally i think colleran looks good only in relation to the garbage presenters the show has featured in the past few weeks.

If Vinny was running that discussion tonight, it would have gotten hysterical. Colleran managed that discusssion really well. Fair dues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Happyman42 wrote: »
    If Vinny was running that discussion tonight, it would have gotten hysterical. Colleran managed that discusssion really well. Fair dues.

+1 , vinny would have bust a vessell had he heard colm mc carthy say everyone over six knows thier are going to be more cut , Q a ten min rant from vinny about how thier should be no social wellfare cuts and if it means raising income tax levels to 85 % , so beit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

It will be interesting to see if David Norris will chair this week on the show giving the latest setback.

jimmyw wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if David Norris will chair this week on the show giving the latest setback.

Somehow I doubt it. They wouldn't be able to keep the elephant in the room out of shot.

RTE News just confirmed there on the Six One News that David Norris will NOT be hosting The Vincent Browne Show tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

RTE News just confirmed there on the Six One News that David Norris will NOT be hosting The Vincent Browne Show tomorrow...

nice one, keep he off the tv

I suppose it's hardly surprising, but it really doesn't look well at all for Norris. He's more or less gone into hiding since this blew up. I know he gave an interview with the Sindo, but he knew they'd be sympathetic to his plight.

dambarude wrote: »
    He's more or less gone into hiding since this blew up.

I am surprised as well.. he normally likes to portray himself as a fighter for gay rights and human rights, but when the last two controversies hit the headlines, he ran away and stuck his head in the sand..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

What? RTE mentioning another tv station:eek:

Not surprising really I suppose that he pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

Don't think he should have been offered the job to host VB show for a week in the first place once he was into the race for the Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

chinwag wrote: »
    Don't think he should have been offered the job to host VB show for a week in the first place once he was into the race for the Park.

Agreed but also the other senators that are up to host the show. I don't think elected politicians or those going up for election should be given a current affairs show to host.
    jimmyw wrote: »
    What? RTE mentioning another tv station:eek:

RTÉ are actually quite good at mention TV3 when they do something, however I am still waiting for TV3 to talk about EastEnders, Neighbours, Home & Away, Fair City and Ros Na Run during Ireland AM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Once again Norris turns into the Scarlet Pimpernel when there's a whiff of trouble brewing. If he has nothing to hide then he should host the VB Show tomorrow night and use it as a platform to rally support. Instead he skulks away while insisting that his presidential campaign is still on track. Pathetic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Aw that's a shame. Another boring week with Sam Smyth I'd expect. Think of the ratings had Norris presented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Hopefully Ger Cadogan can fill in tonight. I didn't agree with Norris getting the slot anyway when he was running for the Aras.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

looks like no tv 3 show tonite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Hopefully Ger Cadogan can fill in tonight. I didn't agree with Norris getting the slot anyway when he was running for the Aras.

No show on a Bank Holiday - Sam Smyth is back in the saddle tomorrow, apparently.

Corsendonk wrote: »

Ger Colleran, not Cadogan ;-) Is the show on tonight? I forgot today was Monday, and I thought RTE said that Norris "would not be presenting tomorrow" .. but being a Monday it should surely be on.. :confused:

For once I agree with hotmail.com, and Harry above... It would have been a great opportunity for Norris to defend himself, and the ratings would have gone through the roof... Disappointed in Norris that he didnt say "fk it, I'm doing the show anyway" and face down his detractors..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Skid wrote: »
    No show on a Bank Holiday - Sam Smyth is back in the saddle tomorrow, apparently.

That's this viewer lost.
    At least O Rourke was funny to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

Aw what a pity norris isnt on this week

It would have been funny to watch him when they review the following morning papers and when they got to the star, mirror, sun he would have able to review himself

Norris' campaign has taken another serious hit in the last hour..

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0801/norrisd.html
    Three TDs withdraw support for David Norris
    Independent TDs Finian McGrath, John Halligan and Thomas Pringle have withdrawn their support for the embattled Presidential candidate David Norris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Norris shoulda just went on and ignored the whole thing. I don't quite know how a presenter could defend himself for an unrelated topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement