Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

AOwannabe wrote: »
    The one with Ajai Chopra and the beggar?
    I thought it was a very lazy photo, some photographer just hanging around beside a beggar thinking

Ah come on.... It wasnt like he had another journalist there dressed as a beggar, then shouted "hold that pose for a second there, Chopper" then fired him a twenty for his efforts.... It was a decent photo.

Very interesting what McWilliams is saying about his old classmates in Blackrock...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Ah come on.... It wasnt like he had another journalist there dressed as a beggar, then shouted "hold that pose for a second there, Chopper" then fired him a twenty for his efforts.... It was a decent photo.

Very interesting what McWilliams is saying about his old classmates in Blackrock...

I agree it was a good photo - but I wouldn't be in anyway surprised if it was set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

I used to watch this show for info but for the last good while I just watch
    it for the fun factor.
    I even think VB shaves his neck now.:)

Well this was fun when it was made but looks more like fact now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybhroG408SU&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mademan

twould burton all de way 4 me very attrative woman with a great body but dat aside very intelligient and looking forward to see her taking up her minister post

mademan wrote: »
    twould burton all de way 4 me very attrative woman with a great body but dat aside very intelligient and looking forward to see her taking up her minister post

I think this recession has done serious damage to all of our expectations.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 mademan

wath do you mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

I liked Sinead Desmond. Smart reasons given for her nominations, but yet wasn't as po-faced as the other contributors.

not that i watch ireland AM too often but does her ( ockcent ) become more dorter as the day goes on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

well i guess the main problem is that we need to borrow 19 Billion this year, and something like 13 Billion next year.. If we default, we may not have anybody to give us this 13 Billion if they believe that we could default on future loans... If we are down 13 Billion, public servants wont be paid, no money to run hospitals etc etc..
    Ah, so basically none of the public services would get paid, which means redundancies, privatisation etc.

PJTierney wrote: »
    Ah, so basically none of the public services would get paid, which means redundancies, privatisation etc.

well no, not as structured as that.. I'm not sure where it's actually happened, as any times in recent years when countries have become insolvent and can no longer find anybody willing to lend them money, the IMF steps in like they did there... So I'm not sure exactly sure what way the problem would manifest itself... But the line that economists normally give is - if the country can no longer borrow money, there will be no money to run hospitals, no money to pay public servants, no money to pay social welfare.. basically ANYTHING funded by the state, but those would be top priority...

If this were to happen then the next step is most likely civil unrest, riots possibly looting for food etc etc.. "blood on the streets" as they say.. Which is possibly what the IMF prevented from happening here..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

There's a news review of the year on now on TV3 presented by Vincent Browne.

• Advertisement

There's a news review of the year on now on TV3 presented by Vincent Browne.

It was a load of rubbish... Vincent was on screen for about 1 minute in total.. just repeating the usual "was an horrific year, lost economic sovereignty, saw the demise of the government (assume he was referencing the Green's calling time)". From then it was like Reeling In The Years, but in no chronological order, and with overbearing and intrusive music.. very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

It was a load of rubbish... Vincent was on screen for about 1 minute in total.. just repeating the usual "was an horrific year, lost economic sovereignty, saw the demise of the government (assume he was referencing the Green's calling time)". From then it was like Reeling In The Years, but in no chronological order, and with overbearing and intrusive music.. very disappointing

Yea, watched the first 5 minutes hoping VB was coming back to discuss some of the items but no dice. Watching an hour of TV3 news reports would drive me crazy. Did I miss much Martin King??

Have it Sky plussed. Sounds like its better off deleted.

telekon wrote: »
    Yea, watched the first 5 minutes hoping VB was coming back to discuss some of the items but no dice. Watching an hour of TV3 news reports would drive me crazy.

It was disingenuous of them to put Vincent's name to this, as his presence was a VERY token presence. Much like the foreword on a book... It seems like after one of his Tonight shows, somebody said "Vinny, can you hang around for five minutes after the show, we need you to read a couple of lines to camera"...

And the program then starts, with no narration, telling us of -16 degree temperatures. So I'm thinking okay "they are starting with the big freeze at the start of the year, but I cant remember it being that cold though :confused: (given that 17.2 was the new record)".... Then there's people talking about "looking forward to the new year"... And I'm thinking, "Is this 2009?? going in to 2010?"... No, TV3 have decided to start the review of 2010 at the END of the year..

Lazy filler... could have been done by a media student..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

That man you saw last night was NOT Vincent Browne, it's another guy that looks like him. The real Vincent Browne would NEVER lend his name to a programme like that. That man is a Vincent Browne lookalike. If you look carefully you'll notice that the impostor has a mole over his lip and two gold teeth.

TV3 is using this fake in its promo material also. That ad where all the TV3 knobs are having Christmas together, that isn't the real Vincent in that either. Be on the lookout for this phony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

I see Vincent Browne is back to his usual professional self! In the intro he asked how the year 2008 will be remembered! 2008? What about 2010 Vincent?rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Koloman wrote: »
    I see Vincent Browne is back to his usual professional self! In the intro he asked how the year 2008 will be remembered! 2008? What about 2010 Vincent?rolleyes.gif

maybe it will be a program about 2008 really?!!
    his show wasn't around to do a review of that year!

happy new year VB fans,

it seems both my telly and radio are slowly waking up from hibernation.. as part of this VB's Tonight Show is back tonight and he's having a discussion of prospects for the new year....

happy new year VB fans,

it seems both my telly and radio are slowly waking up from hibernation.. as part of this VB's Tonight Show is back tonight and he's having a discussion of prospects for the new year....

"Just how dim will it be?" he said. Happy New Year everyone!

Yeah depressing stuff Koloman.. dying with the flu so I got a cheap bottle of wine to help me sleep (cos I'm up early for work tomorrow)... maybe I should have got that special offer from lidl .... "bottle of whiskey and pistol - €10.99"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Yeah depressing stuff Koloman.. dying with the flu so I got a cheap bottle of wine to help me sleep (cos I'm up early for work tomorrow)... maybe I should have got that special offer from lidl .... "bottle of whiskey and pistol - €10.99"

That a reference to VB's Enda joke a while back?

• Advertisement

The nun is a complete nut. Only if you're religious can you have values. Some people haven't moved on.

The nun is a complete nut. Only if you're religious can you have values. Some people haven't moved on.

Agree. Her voice sounds like Mary O'Rourke, which doesn't help.

telekon wrote: »
    That a reference to VB's Enda joke a while back?

;-) Absolutely... I hope I dont have to apologise..

Where did Vincent dig up (and I mean that literally) panelist number 1 from? Cant believe she's on putting herself as an advocate for the church. It's as if she blaming people for abandoning their faith for no reason... Considering how the highest elements of the church attempted to bury stories of child abusing priests, I dont know any right minded person who would sign up to their doctrine..

I agree with Vincent's analysis.. Our "democracy" has more in common with a Monarchy where the king has a small group of advisors... The Taoiseach makes a decision with the help of the Cabinet, but him being in ultimate charge... The whip then tells the rest of the Government party (or parties) ... By the nature that they ARE the Government, they have a Dáil majority and can vote through whatever legislation they want..... So the Taoiseach is effectively King..

I liked the analysis of the woman historian on the right hand side (not that other looper).

She was basically making the point that it's the Celtic Tiger, not the current recession, that is the blip in Ireland's history. That we are a state doomed to economic failure. Pretty pessimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

maybe they'll haul her off during the break:eek:-hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Wonder will Ivan be mentioning this on newstalk tomorow morning?

Sardonicat wrote: »

He's taking a break from Newstalk until Jan 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Who is that nun?

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »

Ah cmon girl where have you been.. he's been on the telly all day talking about it.. Dont think he's back in Newstalk for a good while until he's got it sorted.. I think that's what he said anyway.. What possessed him to sign up to personal guarantees ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement