Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Anybody know what's happening on the show tonight.. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Autopsy of Norris failed presidential run seems likely do they might want to talk about the state of the economy again.

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Autopsy of Norris failed presidential run seems likely do they might want to talk about the state of the economy again.

Why, what's wrong with the economy :confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Did I just see Vincent himself in the crowd outside David Norris' house on the news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

'standing up for truth and justice'?

what's that about - has Sam Smyth gone pompous or is it an in-joke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

who cares about Norris or any of the other candidates, they dont give a sh*t. They jus in it for the power and the money. Just my humble opinion. I'd like the job just for the house and the money, oh ye and the power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Did I just see Vincent himself in the crowd outside David Norris' house on the news?
    Nope.
    You are just having VB withdrawal symptoms since he is not around.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Marion McKeown making sense.
    Sam talking shi-ite as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Dodd wrote: »
    Nope.
    You are just having VB withdrawal symptoms since he is not around.:)

I seen him in the crowd at the EU/IMF news conference last Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Just tuned in.
    I'd imagine Sam Smyth will do a good job presenting.
    Nice change from the terrible Mammy O' Rourke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    oh ye and the power.
    what power? The president has less power than a lollipop lady.

It was mentioned on this show, and I said it to a friend earlier.. but you could you imagine how embarrassing it could have been if the story about him writing a letter in defence of a man guilty of statutory rape had broken while he was President... It would have been hugely embarrassing for the country..

If he cared about the country, he should have made this letter known.. He would have known, given the nature of what Presedential elections are, that it was only a matter of time that this letter would be revealed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Good Table Manners!

Smyth is a plonker with that statement, He obviously doesn't think much of the presidiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Wonder what kind of dirt there is on Michael D. :P
    Joking aside, Michael D is the only one worth voting for IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Miriam O' Callaghan for president, someone can go and shoot me now if that happens. I can still remember her commentary on Obama in Moneygall, "President Obama, finally gone back to his home town."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I think Sarah McInerney should run.

I would give her (my number) one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

808104076a4543996315b355061978l.jpg

Quick Finian tell us who the mystery candidate is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

As far as I know, Fergus Finlay said that he wouldn't run as independent when he didn't get the Labour nomination - would it be impossible for him to reconsider, and give the two fingers to the Labour party?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

what power? The president has less power than a lollipop lady.

The power to fly all around the world talkin drivel at our expense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sam is talking like Norris is dead!

"Sad for those of us that knew him, I suppose"

Why the hell is Norris being portrayed as the victim here ????? The victim is the young boy who was abused by his ex partner... for whom David sent a letter of support on SENATE headed paper .. and in which he disingenuously portrayed himself as Pro-Israeli..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

will he really have much of a public life after this though? apart from the usual high falutin on bloomsday..
    i'd be surprised if he doesn't disappear into the background in the seanad after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I hate when the Dublin media set go on with that all knowing 'we who know him' and all that crap as if all the rest of us mere 'citizens' (as VB would say) are outside the tent and really don't know what's going on at all.

You'd never catch John Bowman insulting his viewers like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Callan57 wrote: »
    I hate when the Dublin media set go on with that all knowing 'we who know him' and all that crap as if all the rest of us mere 'citizens' (as VB would say) are outside the tent and really don't know what's going on at all.

You'd never catch John Bowman insulting his viewers like that.

I couldn't believe the arrogance of Sam Smyth tonight in the last couple of minutes as he invited each one of his guests to say something about Norris. If somebody had been out of the country for the past week and had just switched on the last 5 minutes of the show, you'd think that David Norris was dead and they were giving eulogies!

Oh yeah Sam, I was going to vote for him because he had great table manners and he was the only candidate who knew the difference between a dessert spoon and a soup spoon. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I think Sam was trying to fill time at that point. He seemed to be expecting to have to wrap up any second.

It really was ridiculous though, reminded me of Sean O'Rourke on the day of B Lenihan's funeral - way OTT and out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Why the hell is Norris being portrayed as the victim here ????? The victim is the young boy who was abused by his ex partner... for whom David sent a letter of support on SENATE headed paper .. and in which he disingenuously portrayed himself as Pro-Israeli..

Can you give us a break please. Your views on Norris lack a lot of credibility given your many comments about RTE presenters and their sexuality (which you seem to have a dark obsession with) and indeed comments you made directly about Norris' sexuality. So just give us a break.

dambarude wrote: »
    I think Sam was trying to fill time at that point. He seemed to be expecting to have to wrap up any second.

It really was ridiculous though, reminded me of Sean O'Rourke on the day of B Lenihan's funeral - way OTT and out of place.

And then he guillotined John Crown after asking him to say something ... very rude IMO. David Norris would never be that rude to someone but then he has good manners!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Callan57 wrote: »
    And then he guillotined John Crown after asking him to say something ... very rude IMO. David Norris would never be that rude to someone but then he has good manners!

:o

I thought Smyth was having a spasm when he interrupted John Crown just as he'd started his eulogy - very amateurish. Crown didn't look all that amused. He didn't look amused either when Smyth and Finian McGrath were waffling on about his guitar playing. WTF was all that about?

• Advertisement

And another thing the journalist from the Sunday Times (was it?) Smyth says to her 'you've been around a long time' ... dam it she looks like she's about 19 for God's sake!
    :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement