Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Do you remember when TV3 started, they had a female Australian Newsreader.

Pat went on 'The Panel' (Or possibly 'Don't Feed The Gondolas') and complained that she was pronouncing his name as 'Pet Rabbit'.

She was quickly dropped, haven't seen her on Irish TV since.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just tuned in.

Who's the young chap beside Rabbitte ?

Is he blind ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

MrsD007 wrote: »
    She owns Lily O'Brien's chocolates and she is a Senator too.

Didn't she get nominated by Enda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Skid wrote: »
    Do you remember when TV3 started, they had a female Australian Newsreader.

Pat went on 'The Panel' (Or possibly 'Don't Feed The Gondolas') and complained that she was pronouncing his name as 'Pet Rabbit'.

She was quickly dropped, haven't seen her on Irish TV since.

she was a kiwi and anyone who has been to kiwiland will know exactly where her problem with the ministers 1st name came from

12345 sex

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

Good to see a labour minister looking for cuts in Education and Social Welfare and he implied he wanted teachers wanted teachers wages cut. Probably the only right of centre labour party in the world.

Its no real surprise that Labour got the bad PR Departments. Nobody wants cuts in either Health or Education and Fine Gael also gave them the Minister for (cuts) publc sector reform.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

There have been lots of reports in our newspapers about special neeeds kids that have been refused places because the boards of management have concerns about their safety in the absence of an SNA.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/stopped-in-his-tracks-157926.html

It's terrible to see that happening - first time I've seen that article or one like it. The reduction in the numbers of SNA's will not save a whole lot of money - in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Didn't she get nominated by Enda?
    Yes, how did you guess???? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

milosh wrote: »
    Good to see a labour minister looking for cuts in Education and Social Welfare and he implied he wanted teachers wanted teachers wages cut. Probably the only right of centre labour party in the world.

Its no real surprise that Labour got the bad PR Departments. Nobody wants cuts in either Health or Education and Fine Gael also gave them the Minister for (cuts) publc sector reform.

cuts to teachers salarys and cuts in education are not one and the same despite what the arse covering prig from the ASTI would have you believe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

irishh_bob wrote: »
    if you go fishing but decide to spend all your money on a pair of wellingtons , you may end up having to make do without a rod

:confused:

Main thing in education - teachers and children.
    Main thing in fishing - rod and fish?
    Wellies:confused:

Yes, how did you guess???? :D:D

Now I know. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Isn't it great to see Lily O'Brien as a senator these days? How very fcukin representative of the ordinary Irish man/woman? :rolleyes:

The sooner that stinking house of cronies and lick @rses is shut down, the better.

PS Doesn't yer wan in red look very like Diane Keaton, circa Annie Hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

PS Doesn't yer wan in red look very like Diane Keaton, circa Annie Hall?

Ah Annie Hall, first time I ever heard of a VPL

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

scargill wrote: »
    lots of googling - took a while - it was 7 years ago that it was brought up !!

Rabbitte dismisses school criticism
    Monday, May 24, 2004

By Michael O’Farrell, Political Reporter
    LABOUR leader Pat Rabbitte yesterday dismissed criticism from Junior Justice Minister Willie O’Dea of his choice to send one of his children to a private, fee-paying school.

Minister O’Dea criticised the Labour leader because Mr Rabbitte’s daughter had completed the last year of her Leaving Certificate in the €5,000 per annum Ashfield College. Mr O’Dea said this highlighted a conflict between Labour Party policy and Mr Rabbitte’s actions.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2004/0524/ireland/rabbitte-dismisses-school-criticism-332980353.html#ixzz1U6WioqYW

One year of one daughter(of many), can't blame him for that. In fairness, it was a kip of a school!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

irishh_bob wrote: »
    cuts to teachers salarys and cuts in education are not one and the same despite what the arse covering prig from the ASTI would have you believe

Of course they are linked. At what wage do you think a teacher would lose some motivation to do the best they can. Is it at the point they have to take a 2nd job so thatthey can pay the mortgage? The value that government puts on health and education as a % of gdp shows the real worth of a country. Ireland has never funded education properly from the day they put it into the church's control till today.

As a parent I would like to know how much you think that the most important people (after parents) in the development of children should be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Is it at the point they have to take a 2nd job so that they can pay the mortgage?

Would that be the mortgage on the second house that they bought during the boom? :rolleyes:

Of course they are linked. At what wage do you think a teacher would lose some motivation to do the best they can. Is it at the point they have to take a 2nd job so thatthey can pay the mortgage? The value that government puts on health and education as a % of gdp shows the real worth of a country. Ireland has never funded education properly from the day they put it into the church's control till today.

As a parent I would like to know how much you think that the most important people (after parents) in the development of children should be paid.
    Teachers get paid about €50 per hour and have 4-5 months holidays a year, it's not too bad.

Ask pretty much anyone who attended a Christian Brothers school in past decades at about how 'influential' any of them were in their development?

Even as an eighties kid, I can say that most teachers I had did not give a stuff about the development of the majority of students. A few exemplary, well respected figures, but that was it.

Even as an eighties kid

Jaysus, Steelcityblues you need to change your avatar, I was convinced you were the same vintage as my dad.;):)

Jaysus, Steelcityblues you need to change your avatar, I was convinced you were the same vintage as my dad.;):)

No, I just have a grumpy, middle aged man mindset at times. :)

Birth year is 1982, btw.

No, I just have a grumpy, middle aged man mindset at times. :)

Birth year is 1982, btw.
    You are ever so slightly younger than myself. The guy on your avatar looks 60 plus IMO :D:D:D

• Advertisement

You are ever so slightly younger than myself. The guy on your avatar looks 60 plus IMO :D:D:D

Jason Alexander had barely turned 30, when he started Seinfeld.

Jason Alexander had barely turned 30, when he started Seinfeld.
    You have another year to go.... you need to change that avatar though.....seriously.....;):)

You have another year to go.... you need to change that avatar though.....seriously.....;):)

Costanza says nada chance though. :D

Actually, the faces rarely load on my computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Not a fan of George Costanza, MrsD?

He's a legend, don't listen to her, SCB.

MrsD probably doesn't even celebrate Festivus (like the rest of us) :)

Mrs D007 - welcome to the legend of Costanza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gjxnxKmaVQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Mrs D007 - welcome to the legend of Costanza!

Never got in to Seinfeld.. think it's just cos I hate Jerry, but I loved "Constanza" in King Of Queens..

Ok, I admit it, I didn't recognise that it was George Costanza in your avatar. The penny finally dropped when you posted the video :o To be honest the guy on your avatar looks like a 60 year old hack :D:D

Never got in to Seinfeld.. think it's just cos I hate Jerry, but I loved "Constanza" in King Of Queens..

Jerry Stiller is great and Leah Remini is even better. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jerry Stiller is great and Leah Remini is even better. :D

well it's Jerry Seinfeld I have the problem with, I think Jerry Stiller is great..

• Advertisement

well it's Jerry Seinfeld I have the problem with, I think Jerry Stiller is great..

While I think the real life version is not the most likeable guy, Jerry got better as the show went on in being the 'straight man'. Costanza will always be my favourite though.

To get a bit back on topic, remember the Vinny B and Kramer comparisons? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement