Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Who is that nun?

Don't think it matters. All nuns look and sound the same to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ah cmon girl where have you been.. he's been on the telly all day talking about it.. Dont think he's back in Newstalk for a good while until he's got it sorted.. I think that's what he said anyway.. What possessed him to sign up to personal guarantees ???
    First bit of tele i've seen today and I stopped listening to newstalk in the morning since he came on the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sardonicat wrote: »
    First bit of tele i've seen today and I stopped listening to newstalk in the morning since he came on the scene.

It's been the lead news story all day though... They say that he tried to make a huge expansion of the business in the good times... large bank loans, large rents, etc etc... and it's all gone belly up.. I guess it wasnt in his nature to be conservative considering the industry he was in..

That nun wan really annoyed me.. she's blaming the people for leaving the church as opposed to asking questions of her Catholic masters.. Vincent should have picked her up on this... There are VERY definite reasons for the movement away from the church, and it's nothing she seems prepared to confront..

It's been the lead news story all day though... They say that he tried to make a huge expansion of the business in the good times... large bank loans, large rents, etc etc... and it's all gone belly up.. I guess it wasnt in his nature to be conservative considering the industry he was in..

That nun wan really annoyed me.. she's blaming the people for leaving the church as opposed to asking questions of her Catholic masters.. Vincent should have picked her up on this... There are VERY definite reasons for the movement away from the church, and it's nothing she seems prepared to confront..
    Really, i've been a hermit all day!
    I find this attitude a lot with some clergy and nuns and some religous people. I can't really understand it. I guess when your whole life and reason d'etre has been built around obedience to an institution the psychological impact of admitting you have been essentially duped by your masters is too much to handle for some of them.
    They aren't all like that, though. But the ones who are more balanced and realistic and openly critical are unlikely to get the go ahead to appear on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The nun agreed with the idea that we need full equality, but was a bit unsure then what to say next (given she represents an institution that promotes inequality).

Her contention as well that Irish people were better off in the 1930s compared with today because the people had idealism or something like that, was just plain stupid.

• Advertisement

In fairness I don't think VB wanted to get into a slagging match about religion. She was shown up as a complete idiot with an unintelligent assessment of Irish history. The sooner her generation are out of schools, the better (there's still a few straggler nuns hanging around like a bad smell around the country).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Her contention as well that Irish people were better off in the 1930s compared with today because the people had idealism or something like that, was just plain stupid.

I didn't see VB last night but I was watching a Fiorsceal doc on TG4 last night about "Planned Obsolescence" take a look.

http://beo.tg4.ie/main.aspx?level=fiorsceal&content=416208872449
    http://beo.tg4.ie/main.aspx?level=fiorsceal&content=416256663553
    http://beo.tg4.ie/main.aspx?level=fiorsceal&content=416277874689
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

1960s perhaps not 1930s.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Yllut

In fairness I don't think VB wanted to get into a slagging match about religion. She was shown up as a complete idiot with an unintelligent assessment of Irish history. The sooner her generation are out of schools, the better (there's still a few straggler nuns hanging around like a bad smell around the country).

VB introduced her as an experienced historian without her full title of the outfit she belonged to. It was only after she started on about navies and their type she had seen in England and how happy they were, that he intervened and informed us of what gang she belonged to. :mad::mad:

Jim Walsh, from the Seanad is on tonight to defend the Seanad. Should be good, he's a complete loon.

:eek:
    This, from an historian? And one who looks like she's just about old enough to remember the 30s.

Willfull denial, I would call it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

never mind the senate. vinny should abolish that set. The bare walls can't be as bad as that backdrop.

Elaine Byrne is modelling the new Peig Saors rang from Dunnes' Stores...

Was gonna say: "sack the stylist". Maybe she's on her way to a poetry reading or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

the senate is so irrelevant and the kind of changes it requires, so unlikely, that it's probably best to scrap it.

"We need to reform the Dail"
    Solution:
    "We will abolish the seanad"
    Kafka, how are you?

Does Ms. Tuffy attend the same public speaking coach as Joan Burton?

Good man, Vincent.

Elaine Byrne is a like a little Rottweiler (with a child's voice)..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

What is up with VB's hair.
    A panel full of women tonight for Nollaig na mBan, with the usual Terry Prone, she gets around more than swine flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Vinny seems to be hosting an episode of Loose Women tonight.

• Advertisement

just switched over... nearly forgot..

oh ffs, dont tell me he's on about quotas again.... Terry Prone, who was advisor to the FF government in the 90s and now is poacher turned gamekeeper... But now of course she can point out everything they did wrong..

Vinny seems to be hosting an episode of Loose Women tonight.

Or is it "Menopause: The Musical".... Where's Twink?? Did she call Terry Prone a c**t as well as Linda Martin..?

Why dont these four take up their argument with God for only allowing women to bear children... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Didnt realise Brenda Power's chest was as big.

lol.. I'd love if you texted this in, and at the end of this feminist discussion, it was the only text he read out...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

God these feminist bitches are making me puke.

The orange-haired girl seems alright.

And who the hell is Mary Robinson was to say that she was "disappointed" with women's choices???? Money isn't the only thing in the world you stupid old cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Ah, when I heard that Vincent was having an all female panel, I somehow guessed that there would be a thoughtful, enlightened discussion on these pages. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

lol.. I'd love if you texted this in, and at the end of this feminist discussion, it was the only text he read out...

Lol!

"Doesn't Terry have a lovely bottom..." :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

telekon wrote: »
    Lol!

"Doesn't Terry have a lovely bottom..." :D

Hey, hey, some of the ladies may be offended by that comment.... remember these are all feminists and these PC times we're living in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

RayM wrote: »
    Ah, when I heard that Vincent was having an all female panel, I somehow guessed that there would be a thoughtful, enlightened discussion on these pages. :)
    it's only covering the usual territory that's usually covered in these pre-defined discussions. The panelists are the usual panelists, there aren't any 'ordinary' women in on the discussion.

Terry Prone is giving the usual good-news stories for Fianna Fail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement