Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

nummnutts wrote: »
    I totally agree. It's a ridiculous addition to the show.

And what's with the faux-American accent - did she spend any time in the states, or just spending too much time watching fade street?

It destroys the flow to the show. She is pretty bad alright.

I am almost certain she was brought in because VB could barely read the texts, if ye can remember. His comic timing for the 'comic' texts were particularly soul destroying.

Its the same way he struggles with the newspaper front pages every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I totally agree. It's a ridiculous addition to the show.

And what's with the faux-American accent - did she spend any time in the states, or just spending too much time watching fade street?

LOL:D, Here's me thinking it was a mutant D4 accent

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

She sounds like the girl on newstalk before Ivan Yates.

The "E" woman. Although she is beginning to grow on me as a presenter.

Same here.. wastes too much time introducing her and small talk with her at the start.. Given how many people he has to already introduce and how short the show is....

I think the reason that they have her come on is that they want some sort of interactive element to the show, and Vincent simply couldnt read the texts from the autocue..

I see you beat me to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I see you beat me to it...
    I see I did :D I am pretty sure that's the reason all the same.. Remember the night he had the guy in demonstrating the new software he had for viewing the papers, and Vincent could hardly seen the screen never mind the words on the newspaper...
    did she spend any time in the states, or just spending too much time watching fade street?

I think she used to babysit JEdward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Watching martin manseragh laughing away to himself tonight would make your blood boil. This nutter thinks fianna failure are doing a splendid job. Imagine he's a government minister. What a tool. looks like he cant even dress himself properly. and that supid blubbering crap he comes out with.

Is this loser going to be voted back in or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Same here.. wastes too much time introducing her and small talk with her at the start.. Given how many people he has to already introduce and how short the show is....

I think the reason that they have her come on is that they want some sort of interactive element to the show, and Vincent simply couldnt read the texts from the autocue..

I think I'd rather Vincent stumble through the texts and tweets than the new way it's been done.
    Dempo1 wrote: »
    LOL:D, Here's me thinking it was a mutant D4 accent

That's what it seems to be.

Regardless of who presents the segment though, imo, as mentioned above, it does mess with the flow of the show.

I see I did :D I am pretty sure that's the reason all the same.. Remember the night he had the guy in demonstrating the new software he had for viewing the papers, and Vincent could hardly seen the screen never mind the words on the newspaper...

I do indeed. :D

Poor ol' Vincent must be a very vain man to not throw on the spectacles even the odd time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Cassie Stokes (on the right)...

I just did a quick Google and - at first glance - it seems like TV3 love their Photoshopping!

Compare & contrast:

http://www.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/gallery/tv3-autumn-launch-2010/tv3-schedule-660.jpg
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/gallery/tv3-autumn-launch-2010/tv3-schedule-665.jpg

Rule 1 : You must pose EXACTLY the same way every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Presumably the 3e presenter is there for "plug" purposes only, because Vincent doesn't appear to have any time or respect for tweets.

• Advertisement

Presumably the 3e presenter is there for "plug" purposes only, because Vincent doesn't appear to have any time or respect for tweets.

I'm not sure, I think part of it is certainly that Vincent effectively cant see well enough to read.. also, vincent has always had a penchant for bringing pretty faces on to the show... Niamh Lyons, Aine Kerr, Curly head from the Sunday Newspaper, Mary Fitzgerald.

But I agree with the people above in that a) it doesnt really fit properly in the show and b) She doesnt exactly come across as being clever.. The section is not a positive addition to the show..

Curly head from the Sunday Newspaper

Hilarious description, i know who your referring too, seems to be a very embittered individual :D

Hilarious description, i know who your referring too, seems to be a very embittered individual :D

Just remembered .. it's Sarah McInerney..
    MCINERNEY_sarah_byline_display.jpg

in case anybody thought I was referring to Justine McCarthy... who is known as sideshow bob here.. ;-)

Just remembered .. it's Sarah McInerney..
    MCINERNEY_sarah_byline_display.jpg

in case anybody thought I was referring to Justine McCarthy... who is known as sideshow bob here.. ;-)

O No, i did think you were referring to the annoying and opiniated Justine Mc Carthy, i think the above is quite sweet!

O No, i did think you were referring to the annoying and opiniated Justine Mc Carthy, i think the above is quite sweet!

Yeah she looks great on the telly.. And she has less opinions of her own (than Justine) as well... so win/win situation .. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Who was the guy with the beard on last nights show? Did he actually say anything in the whole show?

Who was the guy with the beard on last nights show? Did he actually say anything in the whole show?

A rather bland representative of http://www.tascnet.ie/ he was so bland i did not even get his name! neat beard though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

no talent on tonight.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Good show tonight

Is that Brad Pitt's fourteen year old son?

• Advertisement

dailymail.jpg

hey Telekon, what was the name of the guy with that Newspaper Zooming In software.. I'm having trouble reading...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

sometimes vinny makes an arse of explaining a story, and even less he explains it clearly. he just explained that story crystal clear! no spluttering or coughing at all!!

Kennedy sounds like one of Hitlers generals in the bunker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

http://i.imgur.com/ZZNMu.png

There's a clearer version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

what we are hearing here tonight is frightning, very serious stuff

This is economic treason:mad:

goat2 wrote: »
    what we are hearing here tonight is frightning, very serious stuff

It would be if we all hadn't known it already...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

This is why we need late night current affairs shows.

I wouldn't like to be in Michael Kennedy's position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Kennedy sounds like one of Hitlers generals in the bunker

Whoever takes over from Cowen will be the Karl Donitz of FF.

• Advertisement

Ah Michael, c'mon...defend your great leader...

Lads, it is fair to say, I am fcuking LOVING this!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement