Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Michael Woods dumbfounded.

edit: Michael Kennedy, not Woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Watch him squirm, tis great stuff altogether.

Talk about an ambush...

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

telekon wrote: »
    Watch him squirm, tis great stuff altogether.

Talk about an ambush...

Game Over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

It's Michael Kennedy not Woods. If it was Woods then Vincent might have asked him about the religious institutions settlement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well I have two points...

1) Freefall (RTE) said that Drumm and Fitzpatrick, first went to BOI to ask Goggin to take over Anglo, and were refused... They then went to Eugene Sheehy in AIB, and he had been tipped off by BOI and also refused... The two larger banks, "fearing cotagion" contacted the government looking for an immediate meeting.. And this is purportedly the first the Government knew that things were really in trouble...

2) I heard an interview with Michael Somers.. He said that he invested 40 million in Anglo, which he considered to be the minimum he could possibly invest... and that he was "under pressure" to invest more.. Finucane pushed him on this but he would not divulge exactly where the pressure was coming from... (I'll dig up that interview and upload it).

• Advertisement

Koloman wrote: »
    Whoever takes over from Cowen will be the Karl Donitz of FF.

What do you mean, 300 meters below the waterline... boom boom..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Kennedys mouth is disconnecting from his brain

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Sounds like he's going to burst into tears...

dambarude wrote: »
    Sounds like he's going to burst into tears...

Best...episode....ever!

Bosco is heartbroken:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

This is more of an autopsy report than a discussion/debate.

We all know that Cowen is dead in the water - the panel are merely discussing what ultimately killed him.

"The Fitzpatrick Tapes"...

Can imagine Tubridy will be recommending that one..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

and the greens said that we were hearing the truth, that they had investigated the facts, and none of this happened, useless heap of trash they are no good for or to this country, waste of space and money fook them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

So its official-ish. he's gone tomorrow. some other corrupt sham will just fill his spot. just call an election already.

TBH the book has served its purpose at this stage I think, I hope they don't spend too long on it! Bankers, Ireland, corrupt and risky will probably sum it up.

It's amazing how much of Kennedy we're seeing lately, I had never laid eyes on him until this week!

TBH the book has served its purpose at this stage I think, I hope they don't spend too long on it! Bankers, Ireland, corrupt and risky will probably sum it up.

It's amazing how much of Kennedy we're seeing lately, I had never laid eyes on him until this week!

This is only the start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

goat2 wrote: »
    and the greens said that we were hearing the truth, that they had investigated the facts, and none of this happened, useless heap of trash they are no good for or to this country, waste of space and money fook them

Don't forget that John Gormless said he was no Sherlock Holmes. More Frank Drebin I'd say.

goat2 wrote: »

Their disclaimer?

"We're not Sherlock Holmes".

Shower of idiots.

Here's hoping the government is dissolved before they pass their pseudo political carbon bullshít bill.

Methinks the Greens will be quick to pull the plug if they can get there first tomorrow... and not to conserve electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bazzare

lads.... calm down...all that will happen will be that Cowen will deny the whole thing.

the fat bastard will refuse to resign and life will go on...

the guy has a brazen brass neck, and is so utterrly selfish that he will not go unless somebody shoots him

• Advertisement

Methinks the Greens will be quick to pull the plug if they can get there first tomorrow...

They were meant to be having a meeting tonight werent they.. I think they will pull out, not that they will gain any credibility at this late stage..

Given the severity of the situation, theyre hardly gonna bring out the bimbo to read things out aloud tonight...are they??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Vincent loves to do the incredulity thing. :D
    Typically reaching a (near-ultrasonic) crescendo at a certain point in every show.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No doubt Brian Cowen will come out tomorrow brazen as **** and say it's not true.

Tonight's show is pretty loaded. Will probably require a re-watch to fully absorb the madness they have highlighted.

Heads would be rolling in any other country for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

telekon wrote: »
    Given the severity of the situation, theyre hardly gonna bring out the bimbo to read things out aloud tonight...are they??

hardman56 from co. roscommon tweats fionnan sheehan should get a new hairstyle and lay off the biff man for a bit.:D

hardman56 from co. roscommon tweats fionnan sheehan should get a new hairstyle and lay off the biff man for a bit.:D

Vincent, we have 243 texts in saying "I'd love to give Cassie one"..

nummnutts wrote: »
    Tonight's show is pretty loaded. Will probably require a re-watch to fully absorb the madness they have highlighted.

Heads would be rolling in any other country for this.

They get jail for £12,000 across the water

what will they get here for 32 billion?

Re-elected after five years?! :mad:

• Advertisement

a pension. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.