Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

tonight's show was the best i've seen in a while. as nummnutts said, very loaded. i think i'll have to go watch fade street to balance things out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Wow i think it's lock and load time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

telekon wrote: »
    a pension. :mad:

Indeed. How many are jumping ship before the next election? I've lost count at this stage, and why wouldn't they - they'll get more in retirement than they will in opposition. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

nummnutts wrote: »
    Tonight's show is pretty loaded. Will probably require a re-watch to fully absorb the madness they have highlighted.

Heads would be rolling in any other country for this.
    yeah. it's all over bar the recriminations bawling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

watching oireachtas right now, man in wig saying cowen is best minister we ever had

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

okay cant find the podcast, but here's an article about Michael Somers interview with Marian Finucane in May 2009... I even got the 40 million figure right... :D

Michael Somers admits he had concerns about Anglo
    However, he said Anglo was “very popular” because it gave quick decisions and “put money out into the system”. “Initially we were hesitant on putting anything in the bank, but eventually under pressure decided to put a maximum amount of €40m under deposit with them,” he said.

And regarding who was exerting pressure on him to deposit MORE money with Anglo..
    When asked how Anglo exerted this pressure, Somers replied: “On the phone - ‘Why aren’t you putting money on deposit with us’.”

Somers said the NTMA had “swallowed hard” when putting €40m on deposit with Anglo Irish on a short-term basis, but added that this one of the lowest amounts that the agency would have put on deposit with any bank. “It was only €40m and we reckoned they were a huge outfit and should be good for €40m,” he added.

Somers also said that although he had a “gut feeling” that something was amiss at Anglo, he had no knowledge other than what the market had and if he had said something about the bank “god knows what would have happened to me”.

Michael Somers on with Pat Kenny on the radio now..

Michael Somers on with Pat Kenny on the radio now..

i missed it, what did mr somers have to say, did he admit he had been asked for money to keep the pockets of the rich intact

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

goat2 wrote: »
    i missed it, what did mr somers have to say, did he admit he had been asked for money to keep the pockets of the rich intact
    http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2011/pc/pod-v-14011114m04stodaywithpatkenny.mp3

Vincent put the foot down and got Sarah McInerney to use the GHD before coming to TV3 studios... And I, for one, am very pleased with the results.. She's gorgeous..

Tony Killeen out batting for Cowan again... paying him back for his promotion to Minster...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Vincent needs to give Killeen a poke. He sounds like he's been sedated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Anyone see the top of Killeen's head disappear?

dambarude wrote: »
    Vincent needs to give Killeen a poke. He sounds like he's been sedated.

As opposed to Kennedy, who sounds like he's been out on the batter with Cowen..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Looks like FF are doing some kinda tag-team thing tonight. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Vincenzo is making sh**te of Killeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Killeen is the typical FF stereotype - an absolute moron who waffles non stop. He has ignored Vinny's questions over and over as if he wasn't in the room. He would have been better simply issuing a statement and sending it in via email. An utterly pointless spoofer.

Why is Maritn not on tonight? We know why Cowen isn't on - he is scared ****less of Vinny and has refused to come on for 3 years. He has done 26 media interviews today (I think that is what he said himself on radio) but won't go on Vinny.

Kennedy on again now - another spoofer. What is with his voice? He claims Cowen demolished Kenny and Gilmore and gave a brilliant performance on Prime Time that same day with Mirriam. Utter delusion. He thinks his bullying tactics of shouting and screaming the odds without answering questions constantly is brilliant. Talk about being easily pleased. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

As opposed to Kennedy, who sounds like he's been out on the batter with Cowen..

He sounds like a broken down robot to me. His voice doesn't sound natural at all, it's very strange.

He's fairly changed his tune since he was on last.

Was Sarah McInerney at him under the table :eek::eek::eek::eek: ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Keep the camera on Sarah please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

He was on the way out and the top of half of his head was invisible for a brief moment, it was really amusing. Must be something to do with TV3's 'virtual reality' environment!

• Advertisement

kennedy is only worried about votes, votes, votes

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

jesus give that man a glass of water

Looks like FF are doing some kinda tag-team thing tonight. :confused:

It's been like that on the media all day.. FF seem to have offered two contributors (one for the motion and one against the motion) to every media show today... They contribute to the show in turn, but do not engage with each other... Cowen obviously doesnt want two FF party members arguing with each other on the airwaves...

dambarude wrote: »
    He sounds like a broken down robot to me. His voice doesn't sound natural at all, it's very strange.

He's fairly changed his tune since he was on last.

He sounds like a heroin addict:D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Kennedy's voice is beyond odd! I have heard him speak previously and he didn't sound like a robot. If I recall during Paul Gogarty's famous '**** You Deputy' rant it was Kennedy who was the Ceann Comhairle at the time and said it was most un-parliamentary language.

45-50 seats? Yet further delusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

jesus give that man a glass of water

Put him and his party out of their misery!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

This guy is all over the place.

SB-08 wrote: »
    Kennedy's voice is beyond odd! I have heard him speak previously and he didn't sound like a robot. If I recall during Paul Gogarty's famous '**** You Deputy' rant it was Kennedy who was the Ceann Comhairle at the time and said it was most un-parliamentary language.

45-50 seats? Yet further delusion.

they will be very lucky to get 20

im hoping for less then 10

TALK TO SARAH... :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

TALK TO SARAH... :mad::mad::mad:

she really needs her own show

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement