Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

how is it usually before this is up on the player?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

jaysis tony killeen wrecks my head.

name 1 person in public office that is responsible for the crisis?
    all 15 members of cabinet who made decisions are equally responsible

name 2 good things brian cowen has done in public office?
    1. something about foreign affairs and european accession
    2. addressing the shortfall of 20bn along with the rest of the cabinet.

so they're responsible for the crisis, but it's ok because they can handle the shortfall.
    feck sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The lovely Sarah wasn't too impressed with the lack of air time she got last night (from twitter)

http://twitter.com/#!/smissmac

Delighted with my lengthy contributions on #VinB. Made lots of intelligent analysis and sparred sharply with fellow panelists. Eh, right?
    also
    Thanks for all the 'hair' comments, btw. Happened to get it cut today. It will return curly as soon as I get caught in a rain shower.
    IMG_0703.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

SkidMark wrote: »
    The lovely Sarah wasn't too impressed with the lack of air time she got last night (from twitter)

I have to agree with her.. It was a bit embarrassing I'm sure. I hate the way vincent sometimes skips the women on the panel, like the way he went straight from Tony Killeen back across to the guy on the far left... I've seen Vincent do this before.. Where he has say a panel of man, man, woman, man he will bypass the third position to get all the opinions of the men first.... It looks bad... And then he will go some other nights and have panel of lunatic suffragettes for the whole hour... :confused:

I'm sure that Sarah felt she was just the token eye candy last night.. (albeit a role that certainly befitted her last nite)... I cant remember her having more than two contributions.. I could see her looking down at the table at the end, thinking "why did I even bother coming here"..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

name 1 person in public office that is responsible for the crisis?
    all 15 members of cabinet who made decisions are equally responsible.

Hold on your forget a whole range of people from 1997 to 2007.

Also Labour would want to remember that they were happy to be in a government for 3 years with Bertie Ahearn as Minister for Finance, would his Labour successor have been able to bring in the changes without those first years with FF. (In saying that I don't particulary want to big up the FF party).

• Advertisement

sarahmcinerneyvb.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

Where do we stand on the most important issue for our country... Curly or Straight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

She should try an afro like Vinny B:

143RZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Curly. This is the prob with female panelist even they refer to their new looks. Perhaps VB was not too impressed with Sarah new look hence why she didn't get to say much.

Elmo wrote: »
    Hold on your forget a whole range of people from 1997 to 2007. Also Labour would want to remember that they were happy to be in a government for 3 years with Bertie Ahearn as Minister for Finance

I find myself agreeing (for once ;) ) with Elmo.. I think one man in particular who has been completely forgotten about is Charlie McCreevy.. Probably because he was in Europe for the last few years... To quote wiki :
    Former Taoiseach Garret FitzGerald has attributed Ireland's dire economic state in 2009, on a series of "calamitous" government policy errors by the then Finance Minister Charlie McCreevy, who between the years of 2000 and 2003, boosted public spending by 48pc while cutting income tax

Ireland has two main problems..
    1. Banking debt that now has been converted to sovereign debt...
    2. 19 Billion Exchequer deficit, as of last year (expected to be reduced to 13 Billion this year)

Charlie McCreevy is the main orchestrator of our deficit with his short sighted "while I have it I'll spend it" attitude.. Adding to current expenditure from temporary boosts in Exchequer figures was unforgivable negligence on his part. But he's got his pensions now, and is being courted by many private businesses because of his European connections, so I'm sure he couldnt give a fk...

lol.. he looks like Leo Sayer..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

sarahmcinerneyvb.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

Where do we stand on the most important issue for our country... Curly or Straight?

Well, I've always like the curly look on Sarah, Dunno why, just do.:)

Still, the straight look appears to have helped her awkward dandruff problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I have to agree with her.. It was a bit embarrassing I'm sure. I hate the way vincent sometimes skips the women on the panel, like the way he went straight from Tony Killeen back across to the guy on the far left... I've seen Vincent do this before.. Where he has say a panel of man, man, woman, man he will bypass the third position to get all the opinions of the men first.... It looks bad... And then he will go some other nights and have panel of lunatic suffragettes for the whole hour... :confused:
    Perhaps Vinnie just wasn't interested in her opinions on what shirt Cowen was wearing and whether it was a new one or not.
    She and another female "journalist" made eejits of themselves on a show after the budget before Christmas when the above was the highlight of their contributions while they were simultaneously looking down their nose at another panelist who was talking about the reaction to the budget on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think the girl from last night is on the Daily Show now. I thought Vincent was a hero tackling the FF tripe yesterday evening. It's so refreshing to hear someone on TV calling them out on their crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Guys, Ye will be delighted to hear that Sarah was on with Claire and Daithi this evening and she was actually allowed to speak. I think it is repeated again in the morning. (Might be on the RTE iPlayer) I don't know what Vincent is thinking of sometimes, he lets some contributors monopolise the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

143RZ.jpg

Dennis the Stone, this is classic, nearly choked on my dinner with laughter! Brilliant:D

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

A bunch of FF TDs on tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Dennis the Stone, this is classic, nearly choked on my dinner with laughter! Brilliant:D

Maybe get Will Ferrell to play Vincent in the inevitable movie.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQapf5oFsOVtxLluQVIKeHLmMvMBi1EhxHymUzVH4YtdJKIi11A

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

sarahmcinerneyvb.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

Straight...i think.
    Great looking woman either way.
    Compared to some far more celebrated bints out there.

Michael Martin was laughing a fair bit in that interview.
    Just wondering if he's relieved to be finished with it all.

I love Vincent asking the FF TD's what they are going to do after the election. biggrin.gif

• Advertisement

"It would do your head in wouldn't it?!"eek.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Classic Vincent when they cut back to the studio there, after talking to two FF'ers...

"god it'd do your head in wouldn't it?" :D

Koloman wrote: »
    I love Vincent asking the FF TD's what they are going to do after the election. biggrin.gif

Love the way he laughs openly at their sh1te.
    I'm surprised some of them stopped to talk to him in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

an o'keefe seat :eek:

what constituency is he in?

Can't wait to hear what Jonathan makes of Aine Kerr's new getup. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Koloman wrote: »
    "It would do your head in wouldn't it?!"eek.gif

Early canditate for funniest television clip of the year. Absolutely classic.

Flimbos wrote: »
    Classic Vincent when they cut back to the studio there, after talking to two FF'ers...

"god it'd do your head in wouldn't it?" :D

It reminds me of the Apres Match sketch when Vincent said he would get sick in his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

bluefinger wrote: »
    an o'keefe seat :eek:

what constituency is he in?
    The peoples republic - Cork South East.

Can't wait to hear what Jonathan makes of Aine Kerr's new getup. :p

Since he doesn't seem to be here tonight I can only assume he is still recovering from Sarah McInerney's new hairdo last night. Aine Kerr's new getup may just push the poor fellow over the edge!

• Advertisement

Didn't McWilliams say he wasn't standing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement