Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

ArtSmart wrote: »
    yeah it's annoying. the guy who used to do it was much better, offered insightful opinion, but i think he got a little stroppy with Vinny. - i think

Kind of ironic that Vinny now gets stroppy with Cassie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

That Cassie Stokes is not a bad bit of kity;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh Christ they're covering this on the CBS Evening News on Sky News now, the international humiliation continues.

Saw that. "Basket case economy." If anyone gets the urge to forgive FF then this CBS news clip should be shown to remind them of how we are now perceived around the world. It got my blood boiling.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7273157n&tag=related;photovideo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Koloman wrote: »
    Saw that. "Basket case economy." If anyone gets the urge to forgive FF then this CBS news clip should be shown to remind them of how we are now perceived around the world. It got my blood boiling.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7273157n&tag=related;photovideo

Not stopping Intel expanding here though, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

delaad wrote: »

One suspects this is more to do with tax breaks, corporation taxes etc.

I know many people that work in Intel, indeed i did a stint there years ago in catering. Its not the place it once was. I recall the perks, bonuses, unbelievable facilities including some of the best catering services imaginable, these days you would be lucky to get a sambo and it would probably come from a vending machine.

I thought the show tonight was a little lame in comparison to the fantastic Thursday show, indeed it was so could, RTE actually took a clip from it to play on the Marion Finnucan show, this was a turn for the books.

I still don't get this Twittering segment at the end of the show, its dreadful.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

delaad wrote: »

Intel have actually come out and said that the investment is based on the Corporation Tax staying at 12.5%... Given the contributions of Sarkozy and Baroso last week, we are now far from being the golden boy of Europe, and it will be only a matter of time before the Corporation Tax is increased.. At some stage it will end up with Europe saying "increase your corporation tax or we're not lending you any more money".

Intel have actually come out and said that the investment is based on the Corporation Tax staying at 12.5%... Given the contributions of Sarkozy and Baroso last week, we are now far from being the golden boy of Europe, and it will be only a matter of time before the Corporation Tax is reduced.. At some stage it will end up with Europe saying "reduce your corporation tax or we're not lending you any more money".

Erm, "increased" surely? :confused:

yeah I had it in my mind more about the benefits to the company being reduced... (and it's early) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Does anyone know if there's another special on tonight?

Was checking twitter and all the usual sources there. No sign yet. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

telekon wrote: »
    Was checking twitter and all the usual sources there. No sign yet. :(

yeah but what does cassie think? is there any chance for her segment that she could just write the words on a bit of paper and hold it up for the camera so we don't have to hear the accent?!!

yeah but what does cassie think? is there any chance for her segment that she could just write the words on a bit of paper and hold it up for the camera so we don't have to hear the accent?!!

...yea, and the awkward pregnant pauses she makes between tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I doubt it - "The Week in Politics" is on RTE 1 tonight too so I reckon that TV3 won't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

No vincent tonight. Cassie just tweeted and said he's back tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Cassie says no (on twitter)
    no vinb special tonight!! He'll be back tomorrow!

http://twitter.com/#!/cassandrastokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Vincent has been powered down and should be cleaned, recharged and switched on again tomorrow by 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Vincent has been powered down and should be cleaned, recharged and switched on again tomorrow by 11pm.

Damn pesky Unions

Yipee!!!! Vinny B has extended programme!

Extended Show wooohoooooo... recession over... :D:D:D

Extended Show wooohoooooo... recession over... :D:D:D
    Could Pearse make it from D4 to Ballymount in 30 minutes?

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »

Not even if he had his car running on a combination of semtex and green diesel..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

ok i've been out of the loop a bit but what happened to the march 11th election. Vinb just said it was feb 25th. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Your obsession with Pearse has grown considerably from the Frontline Thread - Expect to see that madly nodding Thomas Byrne T.D. being wheeled out for Fianna Fail.. or was he on last night?

Your obsession with Pearse has grown considerably from the Frontline Thread - Expect to see that madly nodding Thomas Byrne T.D. being wheeled out for Fianna Fail.. or was he on last night?
    It is amazing the effect another glass of vino can have. Thomas Byrne is definitely not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Yipee!!!! Vinny B has extended programme!

Nice of the unions to agree to the extended show.wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Yes, good aul' Joe Higgins. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

YIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIEEEEEE! Vinny extended every night between now and the election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Whenever i seen joan burton on this show i always think of this

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

It is amazing the effect another glass of vino can have. Thomas Byrne is definitely not for me.

Thomas Byrne is too busy trying to agree with the point the person raises even point has been finished! (if that makes sense)

God Simon Coveney is back! Where has he been, Enda must have freed him from his dirty underpants chest following his insobordination during the leadership challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Koloman wrote: »
    Nice of the unions to agree to the extended show.wink.gif

This story about the unions not agreeing to weekend news and extra long Vinnie - Is there any truth to it or is it good old hearsay and conjecture?

TV3 did have weekend news for years without any problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement