Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Summary of Eamon Gilmore's comments on The Late Late Show here ...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/1126/1224284181497.html

LATE LATE SHOW/NOVEMBER 12TH: Ryan Tubridy referred to serious cuts being imposed in the budget and then asked Eamon Gilmore:

“If you are in power in the next year or so, will you reverse those cuts?”

Gilmore: No.

Tubridy: Why not?

Gilmore: No, because once a decision is made . . . We have to be straight with people. The politics of promises is over. I’m not going to go around the country and tell people here and there that cuts that were made will be reversed after the election.

NEWS AT ONE

NOVEMBER 25TH

Sean O’Rourke asked (after playing the clip from the Late Late Show): What is the status of the commitment? Is it still the case that the answer is no when you are asked will you reverse the cuts?

Gilmore: Yes, that is the case. I don’t think that anybody in the coming election can get into promises that will not be deliverable after an election.

O’Rourke: . . . Even if they are blatantly unfair?

Gilmore: If they do things that are blatantly unfair we will look at them, case by case, on their merits.

O’Rourke: So you might reverse the cuts?

Gilmore: Yes. Let me give you one example of it. The proposal to cut the national minimum wage is not something that the Labour Party would agree with. That is something I would seek to reverse.

O’Rourke: It’s not a budgetary matter.

Gilmore: If there is something that we consider to be particularly unfair, then we will look at that with a view to reverse .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I'm on to her...

She wants to get 25,000 hits on youtube like Conor Lenihan last week...by being the most annoying woman in the world. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Ah Niamh, yippie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Flimbos wrote: »
    Jesus Joan! "Your MEP-ship", "What do we call you".... Feck sake, let him get a word in.

As far as I know, Ruairi Quinn is Labour's director of the election campaign, I'd imagine he'll be fairly píssed with Moan right now. She's absolutely putting people off her party with this incessant noise.

All Labour supporters need to contact Quinn and Gilmore and DEMAND MOAN is removed as Finance SP at once. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Anniemags

For someone like me who struggles to understand what the feck politicians are banging on about half the time this is just a headache. I'm none the wiser after listening to them, just reaching for a panadol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He has a withering, dry humour and can come out with some great stuff.

Joe has a sharp sense of humour, which he's shown on numerous occasions in the Dáil.. I agree with him on how unfair it is that the German banks who traded recklessly are not taking a hit, and that our people are impoverished so that they get paid in full...

However, even if there was no bank debt, we still have an Exchequer debt of 19Billion.. this means dole, social welfare, public service numbers/wages i.e. all overheads need to be reduced to 2000-2002 levels... And Joe never tackles this.. He's great at explaining where the money should go, but never any realistic explanation of where it should come from...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

jimmyw wrote: »
    Ah Niamh, yippie!!

She's cute, but she has the look of a wan who would be high maintenance.. And she probably doesnt know the offside rule..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I don't think we'll see Moan Burton let loose on a show like this again. She is as mad as a brush.

I'd say Gilmore & Rabbite are fuming with her.

Coveney is spoofing his way through the programme. He was completely floundering about the bank guarantee & EU/IMF deals.

After the Frontline and VB I've made my mind up - I'm not voting for FF/FG/LAB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Vinny must be bored tonight. The camera caught him looking at his watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

is on til 12:30? who else is on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

ArtSmart wrote: »
    is on til 12:30? who else is on?

Cassie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

The biggest explanation needed will be from the director of communications for the labour party as to why he sent out the hen with a very loud cackle on VB tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The Labour and FG position of allowing the Finance Bill through with no debate/amendments will backfire on them.
    It's been done for no other reason than the sake of having the election 2 weeks earlier to thwart any slim hope of FF keeping an extra seat here or there due to a new leader.

What I want are politicians with balls, tell it like it is, enough with the subterfuge and tactics.
    That's why Burton is even more annoying than ususal tonight - attack, attack, attack.
    SF will be big gainers from all this as will the ULA.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Cassie :D

does she know her offside because she certainly knows dead air

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Joe has a sharp sense of humour, which he's shown on numerous occasions in the Dáil.. I agree with him on how unfair it is that the German banks who traded recklessly are not taking a hit, and that our people are impoverished so that they get paid in full...

However, even if there was no bank debt, we still have an Exchequer debt of 19Billion.. this means dole, social welfare, public service numbers/wages i.e. all overheads need to be reduced to 2000-2002 levels... And Joe never tackles this.. He's great at explaining where the money should go, but never any realistic explanation of where it should come from...

and of course if we burned the European banks who's going to lend us the 19 Billion each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

scargill wrote: »
    I don't think we'll see Moan Burton let loose on a show like this again. She is as mad as a brush.

I'd say Gilmore & Rabbite are fuming with her.

Coveney is spoofing his way through the programme. He was completely floundering about the bank guarantee & EU/IMF deals.

After the Frontline and VB I've made my mind up - I'm not voting for FF/FG/LAB.

Go ahead waste your vote. Hahahaha[/Kang from Simpsons]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

You wouldnt wipe yer arse with the Daily Mail. You would wipe more on than off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

If anybody wants to go through it and find the bit .. ??
    19 minutes 48 seconds in.

Koloman wrote: »
    Vinny must be bored tonight. The camera caught him looking at his watch.

Saw that. He must have still thought he was on his radio show...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Ooooh Lawyered!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Your caught you waffling bent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

You are amazing!biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

"its not what he said"....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Joan still trying to lie her way out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

i'm being harangued

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

I think we all know she went "on and on" !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

This performance should see the end of any chance of a ministry for moany Joan in the next government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

"I didnt go on and on and on"

Transcript?? TV3 are either really cheap or RTE are just being a**holes as usual by not releasing the video.

Just like the huge waste of public money they spent on Mad Men at midnight soTV3 wouldnt get it. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

cluck cluck cluck we know we know we know

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement