Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Where has the honest straight talking Simon gone????

He never existed maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

He never existed maybe
    I think you're right!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

ArtSmart wrote: »
    em, how does one find all these twittering trends/

yes, i'm a technophobe

Just Google Joan Burton and click on "real time" results (down left hand side).

That's the way I do it anyway!

From Twitter

in_dublin: #vinb Joan Burton coming to a YouTube near you very soon.........classic...........lol

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly, and without any hyperbole, that was as bad as Biffo's Morning Ireland hangover.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Where has the honest straight talking Simon gone????

Yeah he seriously dropped the ball there.. SURELY he must have the response to that question off by heart coming on to the VB Show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What are the chances of Joe Higgins asking Joan Burton for a Black Russian after the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Honestly, and without any hyperbole, that was as bad as Biffo's Morning Ireland hangover.

Oh it was worse.....it shall be my morning coffee break story tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

What are the chances of Joe Higgins asking Joan Burton for a Black Russian after the show?
    I think she already had a few before the show.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Wonder will this damage her re-election chances as a TD even? :confused:

I could not vote for her after tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭selfobsessed

How is this show averaging in the ratings? Obvioulsy not bad or the axe would have being dropped long go. What a circus it is, Conor Lenihan last week and now this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

bhovaspack wrote: »
    I zoned out for that part due to reading tweets about JB. What did he say?
    He didn't say anything directly. It was the big pause and the waffled response to VB's straight question what has Enda done to improve since the attempted heave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Whenever i seen joan burton on this show i always think of this

That was a much better performance than she had tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

gambiaman wrote: »
    Just click teh trending thingy for Ireland or worldwide.

twitter.com
    then right hand side trending, pick either Ireland or worldwide..she was trending both a few minutes ago.
    found it.
    does that mean people from all over the world are twittering about her?

if so, does that mean then can get VB on the net, all over the world? (unlike player for instance)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Best Tweet
    "I see Joan Burton is getting P.R advice from Andy Gray and Richard keyes"

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fitzerb

That was great fun.

First time Labour had to answer any real questions. Joan "the moan" behaved like a child. Up to this it was all questions to FF about banks and they FG and Lab were all sitting back laughing, now the pressure is on Lab and FG and they just crumbled tonight.

They are like a team that was winning a cup final 5-0 with 10 mintues left and let in two quick own goals.... total panic, they can see their bums in the mercs and are afraid to loose it. Enda better stay away or he will reallt put the tin hat on it for them.... Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Judging by his body language during the show, pretty slim. :D
    Did you notice how he was literally leaning in the opposite direction to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dublinman12

Jesus,....Joan Burton zoned in on Joe Higgins tonight....i honestly thought she was going to nut him...!...

What a shambles of a performance, very selfish perfomance and purely concentrated on fighting for her seat in the election against Higgins in the most irrational and vindictive way.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Fitzerb wrote: »
    That was great fun.

First time Labour had to answer any real questions. Joan "the moan" behaved like a child. Up to this it was all questions to FF about banks and they FG and Lab were all sitting back laughing, now the pressure is on Lab and FG and they just crumbled tonight.

They are like a team that was winning a cup final 5-0 with 10 mintues left and let in two quick own goals.... total panic, they can see their bums in the mercs and are afraid to loose it. Enda better stay away or he will reallt put the tin hat on it for them.... Great fun.

FF missed a chance to stick on anyone as they couldn't possibly have done worse than those two.

Is there a chance she will be the next minister for Finance :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

ArtSmart wrote: »
    found it.
    does that mean people from all over the world are twittering about her?

if so, does that mean then can get VB on the net, all over the world? (unlike player for instance)

She was trending worldwide for a short while but that's quite a feat.
    The amount of Irish tweeting while watching VB must be quite large to make that happen.
    I'd say stuff like VB is available on TV3 internationally like political and homegrown programs on RTE are available overseas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

For the remainder of the election season, FG and Labour must only send the heavyweights on this show. Rabitte, Quinn, Noonan, Varadkar, Shatter and Gilmore.

They are the ones that get the least rocked under questioning....and least likely to have neurotic tendancies like someone that shall remain nameless tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is there a chance she will be the next minister for Finance :confused:

There was until about an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭selfobsessed

telekon wrote: »
    I'm convinced there has to be a fully stocked green room in the TV3 studios...3 meltdowns in less than a week.

Vincent's good but thats just got to be fuelled by debilitating substances...

So that is Burton, Lenihan and who was the 3rd?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Fitzerb wrote: »
    That was great fun.

we need joe higgins on browne every night giving the rest of the parties a grilling, it will bring out the best and worst in all, may help us decide, joan did act very out of character tonight, higgins ruffled her feathers, looking here on the threads, i find out she and higgins are running in the same area, that would have something to do with it, my guess as to which of the two get elected would be higgins, based on tonights performance

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Some of these tweets :D

Just Burst out laughing. Joe Higgins was 14 seconds in and Joan Burton declared: "You've been talking now for ages"

Joan Burton comes home: "Well honey how'd it go" "they said I am the trendiest in the world"

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Joan Burton finds out she's trending for the same reasons as Jim Corr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,388 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

What did VB say at the beginning of the programme? Is the show going to be extended until the election?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fitzerb

No need tow orry lads I found Enda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

FF missed a chance to stick on anyone as they couldn't possibly have done worse than those two.
    I'd be giving that shower more credit than they deserve but I'd swear they did that on purpose :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

FF are cunning. I think they must've saw Barmy Burton and Clueless Coveney on the tonight's guest list and are sitting at home lighting up a cigar.

This is what they have been banging on about for months - it has been their mantra that LAB and FG don't have the policies or the people to get the country back on track.

Burton seems to be FF's secret weapon!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement