Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Thought it was Brian Lenihan.

Thats nuts though, Vincent may not actually have a tv show soon if he keeps attacking people the way he does.

I wouldn't describe the words "happy coincidence" as an attack. Conor went mental when he uttered them though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Barmy Burton's tweet this morning....

"Good morning, thank you for all your comments last night. Challenging debate on Vincent Brown last night. Need to focus on real solutions".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

why dont they move VB to 10pm, once it starts its 11.15 almost which is getting on a bit for early birds in the morning. id imagine hes missing out on a lot of viewers. 10pm would be the perfect slot for him, hed have a much much larger audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

mickdw wrote: »
    =VB is the only one who will ask the right question & keep asking it.

That's the problem, he'll just keep asking but never give anyone a chance to answer. He's just good for a laugh but I don't see his show as a serious current affairs show. I'm no fan of FF but there's something seriously wrong if VB can make me almost side with Lennihan the other night.

Shane10 wrote: »
    why dont they move VB to 10pm, once it starts its 11.15 almost which is getting on a bit for early birds in the morning. id imagine hes missing out on a lot of viewers. 10pm would be the perfect slot for him, hed have a much much larger audience.

Bit of a mad theory, but perhaps the latest political meltdowns have been due to the 11.15 slot...I genuinely think Joan Burton MUST have been drinking last night.

WTF happened like?? Mental.

• Advertisement

telekon wrote: »
    Bit of a mad theory, but perhaps the latest political meltdowns have been due to the 11.15 slot...I genuinely think Joan Burton MUST have been drinking last night.

WTF happened like?? Mental.

ah i missed it, seen who was on the panel but went to bed. what happened, maybe the jist of it? by the way was thinking this last night, i havent seen pat rabbit in ages, where is he?????? always thought he is a constructive politician and dosent just argue for the sake of it like the sake of it like most of them.

Shane10 wrote: »
    ah i missed it, seen who was on the panel but went to bed. what happened, maybe the jist of it? by the way was thinking this last night, i havent seen pat rabbit in ages, where is he?????? always thought he is a constructive politician and dosent just argue for the sake of it like the sake of it like most of them.

Another meltdown what happened. It was a disaster by Burton, the most annoying woman in Ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Cal_Egle

Garda reports last night suggest that one person was killed and the party travelling with her were all seriously injured, when they were out joy-riding/test-driving a new Ministerial Mercedes car. Gardai refused to give all the details of the accident, but did volunteer the following description of the incident.
    At some time between 11:17pm and 12:25am on the night of the 24th January 2011, somewhere on a National TV program called "Tonight with Vincent Browne" a party were travelling together, when one of the wheels of the vehicle they were travelling in, came loose and crashed violently off the road.
    An unnamed Garda source has suggested that the victims may have been asphyxiated by the smell of leather in their Ministerial car (which they were Testdriving), which possibly lead to some very poor judgement being exercised by all parties injured in the accident.
    Looking at the wreckage, it is clear that the other party members would have suffered quite serious injuries, which may result in them being unable to take up some foreign travel, large wage packets and other undisclosed benefits for being in the right place at the right time.
    A witness to the event said that a larger vehicle with a Fianna Gael Logo was travelling alongside the Labour parties car at the time of the incident, and that at one point, the two vehicles collided. However, luck was on the side of the larger vehicle and it managed to continue travelling, although our witness did suggest that there is no way the larger vehicle could have escaped without some damage after driving alongside the Labour vehicle.

A number of other vehicles were seen passing the Labour car after the accident. When we caught up with the drivers of these vehicles, Taxi drivers P Doherty and Higgins said that they had witnessed the vehicles travelling at speed around them on the road. They said they did not try to engage in the Fast-Tracking of any vehicles at any time. They said, as Taxi Drivers, they were there to serve the public and had no need to speed around in Fast expensive cars. Their favourite mottos, “Better to be late, than to arrive dead on time”, or “Slow and easy wins the race”.

A bystander on the side of the road during last nights incident, was un-injured. This person has been named as Brian Cowen. While he was un-injured in this encounter, it was obvious, he had been injured in another accident recently, in very similar circumstances. Unfortunately, in that previous accident, many of the party travelling with him were killed. Also, during that accident a Toyota Prius was the third party vehicle involved, and all the people travelling in that car were killed instantly. Mr Cowen, while having suffered some serious personal injury did have excellent insurance and he was awarded a staggering amount of monetary benefit. He has also been given a new Mercedes with drivers (sorry body-guards) for life. Brian is expected to make a full recovery, but will never be able to drive with passengers in his car ever again.

Breaking news : We have just learned that in both of these fatal accidents, all the cars involved are leased to an international consortium called the EU/IMF lenders. They are not regulated by the Financial Regulator and may in fact have been selling on cars to the injured parties with known defects. These defects may not have been entirely obvious to the in-experienced drivers and may in part have contributed to the accidents. We will have more on this story as it develops.

any thought on where pat rabitte is, lack of airtime? hes a brilliant speaker, why wouldnt labour use him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

scargill wrote: »

"Good morning, thank you for all your comments last night. Challenging debate on Vincent Brown last night. Need to focus on real solutions".

What a dizzy woman.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

scargill wrote: »

Yes you do Joan!
    "This is about jobs, hope, helping FF to crucify the country with their finance bill waffle waffle waffle"...

ThisRegard wrote: »
    That's the problem, he'll just keep asking but never give anyone a chance to answer. He's just good for a laugh but I don't see his show as a serious current affairs show. I'm no fan of FF but there's something seriously wrong if VB can make me almost side with Lennihan the other night.
    The problem is that nobody really answers the questions. Every question is met with the same jobs/hope/stability hogwash. Unfortunately, years of experience of the "sophisticated" Irish electorate shows us that this is more than enough to get gombeens out in the droves. Policies? Who need 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's not that he doesn't give them a chance to answer he just asks a simple question and then tries to stop them from spouting their pre prepared wafle that has f all to do with the original question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

It's not that he doesn't give them a chance to answer he just asks a simple question and then tries to stop them from spouting their pre prepared wafle that has f all to do with the original question.

+ 1.

Answer the fcuking question.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

Quite frequently, someone here will remark that if VB continues baiting politicians then the standard of the guests will decline as the high profile ones will refuse to appear.

I haven't been watching the show for very long, and was just wondering if this has been the case already - ie are there people who have stopped appearing on the show due to ill-treatment. Or is it the case that parties simply can't afford not to have big hitters appearing on TV whenever the opportunity presents.

Thanks.

bhovaspack wrote: »
    Quite frequently, someone here will remark that if VB continues baiting politicians then the standard of the guests will decline as the high profile ones will refuse to appear.
    Well if he never has O'Cuiv on again it'll be great. The man doesn't appear to have a clue about anything that happens in FF nevermind in the country in general. Either he's a buffoon or he's lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Joan Burton reminded me of Lenny in that Simpsons episode with Brad Goodman.
    Brad Goodman: Okay, folks, let me hear what's troubling you. Don't be shy, yell it out. Everybody, go!
    Apu: I have problems with ...
    Lenny: [interrupts] I'm always interrupting people!

I liked Joe Higgins on it. He's one of the few politicians left who seems to still have integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Joan Burton reminded me of Lenny in that Simpsons episode with Brad Goodman.

Simon Coveney IMO came across very sketchy on many issues he was stuttering though allot of waffle. Joan got all feminist just because Joe said "Oh! here she goes again" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Extended show again tonight isnt it.. Lets see how long we can go tonight lads.. I'd say I'm able to do 1.30am, but I'd have to go to bed then..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

@politico_ie: On Tonight with Vincent Browne: Guests: Martin Mansergh TD, Micheal Kitt TD, Barry Andrews TD, Media Analyst Gavan Titley on Twitter #vinb

An all FF line up tonight.

• Advertisement

Colmo52 wrote: »
    An all FF line up tonight.

hmmm.. leadership debate.. so which one of the four candidates is not being represented tonight.??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

hmmm.. leadership debate.. so which one of the four candidates is not being represented tonight.??

Mansergh is supporting Lenihan, Andrews is supporting Martin, and Kitt is supporting O Cuiv. So Hanifan is left out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Cassie won't be doing the tweets tonight :(

cassie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Messing aside, Cassie can't read aloud properly. I never know the beginng of her sentences from the end. No intonation whatsoever.

Vinny gets some sugar though :p

Thought her part of the show was a bit of an irrelevance TBH. Better if we could send in some questions nearer the start for VB to ask. Such as "Joan Burton... what are you on tonight?"

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

An All FF line-up? How bloody annoying. A bunch of failures arguing over which bald man get's the comb. Pointless stuff. The only good thing is Martin Mansleragh is on for the comedy. Always good fun.

Does anyone know why Ruairi Quinn and Michael Noonan never appear on Vinnie? Two very senior members of FG and Lab and I have never seen either on in all of these years. They would both be well able for Vinnie so I don't know why they never appear? Both appear on RTE programs a lot. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

How embarrassing for Mary H not having anyone to speak up for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Here we go. Who will spit the dummy tonight?

MrsD007 wrote: »
    How embarrassing for Mary H not having anyone to speak up for her.

They reckon that she's gonna pull out, back Michael Martin.. and then magically get appointed deputy leader when it's over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,388 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

SB-08 wrote: »
    An All FF line-up? How bloody annoying. A bunch of failures arguing over which bald man get's the comb. Pointless stuff. The only good thing is Martin Mansleragh is on for the comedy. Always good fun.

Does anyone know why Ruairi Quinn and Michael Noonan never appear on Vinnie? Two very senior members of FG and Lab and I have never seen either on in all of these years. They would both be well able for Vinnie so I don't know why they never appear? Both appear on RTE programs a lot. :confused:

Several high profile TDs from all the parties haven't appeared on VB - so credit has to be given to those that do appear.

Brian Cowen, Enda Kenny, Eamon Gilmore, Gerry Adams haven't made any appearances.

As well as Harney, Coughlan and Hanafin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement