Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

How have the Irish people not rioted yet is beyond me.
    well. in fairness, it rains a lot in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

great use of the old A-House song.

platine80aha.jpg?w=480&h=248

I used to love them.. Take On Me was another good song.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

ArtSmart wrote: »
    well. in fairness, it rains a lot in Ireland.

'Shure, we could've slipped in the snow der last month!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

them pensions FF greedy aint the word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Thats A-HA................. not A House

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Vincent has a guy called Stephen Donnelly on the panel tonight standing as an Ind in Wicklow.
    Said he advised the public service on 'transformational change'.

I thought VB would ask him a question on what tf that was all about, no! Waffly bs anyone?

imme wrote: »
    Vincent has a guy called Stephen Donnelly on the panel tonight standing as an Ind in Wicklow.

I thought VB would ask him a question on what tf that was all about, no! Waffly bs anyone?
    it means changing one's sex, as far as i know. i guess VB is just a bit nervous of that subject matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

great use of the old A-House song.

Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Yeah Dave Couse looks very young there. :pac:

cultural issues. yup. that'd be it. too much GA, not enough LA or RA or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

ArtSmart wrote: »
    it means changing one's sex, as far as i know.
    For marternity benefits ? Public servants don't miss a trick

Thats A-HA................. not A House

igotone.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lovin' Martin King's suits. Looks like he's dressed up to do a hit on somebody.

Was a good finish from vincent there.. nearly justified an Eastenders drum style ending.. He's right though, Pearse Doherty has arrived at just the right time for the shinners... Adams is getting old, doesnt really know the issues in the south, had a bit of trouble last year with the brother.. etc I'm not sure the decision to move him south is a good one given all these issues.. I mean he's 62, I'm not sure how much he has to offer..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Anyone notice how FG (and FF) are far more stumped when asked "how will we pay back the IMF bailout" than SF are when asked "how do we pay for services without an IMF bailout"?
    Seeing that pension bit I'm voting SF on the off chance they'll f**k up that useless shower's feeding trough.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Anyone notice how FG (and FF) are far more stumped when asked "how will we pay back the IMF bailout" than SF are when asked "how do we pay for services without an IMF bailout"?
    Seeing that pension bit I'm voting SF on the off chance they'll f**k up that useless shower's feeding trough.

eh, we are paying it back and cutting back our current expenditure to do it.

the issue FG is raising is that we're too high a price in terms of interest being charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭SitUbuSit

No, it's a standard term used for any kind of lasting change project in a large organisation. Many organisations trying to change by changing only one or two of four things....real and lasting change requires people to change mindsets, role modelling of the new behaviours expected, systems and processes to back up the change and a risk and reward strategies to incentivise/disincentivise.

Stephen has experience of such projects from UK and further afield - lessons that would be very helpful to Irish public sector I think.

No, it's a standard term used for any kind of lasting change project in a large organisation. Many organisations trying to change by changing only one or two of four things....real and lasting change requires people to change mindsets, role modelling of the new behaviours expected, systems and processes to back up the change and a risk and reward strategies to incentivise/disincentivise.

Stephen has experience of such projects from UK and further afield - lessons that would be very helpful to Irish public sector I think.

wouldn't have hurt for him to explain it himself. could have said what he's accomplished, he sounded a bit afraid to go into detail. did his work accomplish anything. If he wants to be elected he needs to say what he has accomplished and what he wants to accomplish.

Still all sounds waffly and aspirational.

I don't think he stands a chance of being elected by the good people of Wicklow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

eh, we are paying it back and cutting back our current expenditure to do it.

the issue FG is raising is that we're too high a price in terms of interest being charged.
    There are no economic forecasts presented by anybody that show a way to repay the IMF/ECB loan. Not one. You sorta named your party there, but just about everybody outside FF are saying the interest rate is ridiculous. What we need to ask is why we're paying the private bank debt at all.
    If ever you needed more evidence that the bank guarantee is a thieving pile of sh*te, read this and who it's from.
    http://www.forexpros.com/news/financial-news/bank-guarantee-scheme-needs-extension--anglo-irish-ceo-153278

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭SitUbuSit

wouldn't have hurt for him to explain it himself. could have said what he's accomplished, he sounded a bit afraid to go into detail. did his work accomplish anything. If he wants to be elected he needs to say what he has accomplished and what he wants to accomplish.

Still all sounds waffly and aspirational.

I don't think he stands a chance of being elected by the good people of Wicklow.

To be fair, he wasn't asked to expand on the work. I'm sure he'd have been happy to speak more about it, but Stephen's work wasn't the focus on last night's show.

It's also standard practice with McKinsey that employees are not permitted to speak in details of their clients or their work - it's part of the contract terms, unfortunately. It means that clients can hire McKinsey without fear of their difficulties being leaked to the press or spoken about without their knowledge.

But I used to work with Stephen and I know alot of the work he has done has been really impactful, particularly in working directly with front line services to increase productivity and access to services.

• Advertisement

To be fair, he wasn't asked to expand on the work. I'm sure he'd have been happy to speak more about it, but Stephen's work wasn't the focus on last night's show.

It's also standard practice with McKinsey that employees are not permitted to speak in details of their clients or their work - it's part of the contract terms, unfortunately. It means that clients can hire McKinsey without fear of their difficulties being leaked to the press or spoken about without their knowledge.

But I used to work with Stephen and I know alot of the work he has done has been really impactful, particularly in working directly with front line services to increase productivity and access to services.

true he wasn asked about his job, VB just didn go there. surely though his big thing is that he's a capable guy who will be able to effect change, it's just that he can't talk about it.

Still don't see him getting a seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dara O'Brien (setanta sports presenter not the comedian) is set to take on VB over on RTÉ Two during the General Election. The Eleventh Hour starts on Monday. I don't think it will be able for VB TBH. Dara O'Brien isn't the most vibrant of presenters and I don't think he will be able for Browne's crankiness.

While Claire Byrne is taking over VB's old slot on Radio One at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,980 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Elmo wrote: »
    Dara O'Brien (setanta sports presenter not the comedian) is set to take on VB over on RTÉ Two during the General Election. The Eleventh Hour starts on Monday. I don't think it will be able for VB TBH. Dara O'Brien isn't the most vibrant of presenters and I don't think he will be able for Browne's crankiness.

While Claire Byrne is taking over VB's old slot on Radio One at 10pm.

Quite a bizzare choice of presenters on RTE, Claire Byrne was impressive on Newstalk but since joining RTE on the dreadful afternoon show with Ireland's greatest Prick, she has been focusing on light entertainment. I am sure Rachel English will be miffed at being taken off the late debate. Dara O' Brien? well all i can say is Who the **** his he to be presenting political debate?

I was wondering had anyone heard of what has happened to the intrepid Charlie "the world is against me" Bird? He seems to have disappeared since his return from Washington, apart from that bizarre and self serving documentary on his time there?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Claire Byrne was impressive on Newstalk

EEEEEK!!!

All due respect Dempo but I couldnt disagree more. She was brutal, had nothing going for her at all. Don't know what she's like on TV as I haven't seen her show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

EEEEEK!!!

All due respect Dempo but I couldnt disagree more. She was brutal, had nothing going for her at all. Don't know what she's like on TV as I haven't seen her show.

agreed. think you're on your own there dempo. don't know how rte think she's a replacement for vinny b on the late debate either.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,980 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

agreed. think you're on your own there dempo. don't know how rte think she's a replacement for vinny b on the late debate either.

A now lads, steady on, she wasn't that bad on news talk although i do admit Ivan Yates smothered her somewhat, don't get me wrong, she is certainly no match for our Beloved Vinny, in fact i am surprised Rachel English has been replaced by Claire.

As for her TV work on RTE, god All mighty i hope we are put out of our misery with the show canceled, its awful not helped by that donkey Dotty O Shea.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Cormac O'Hara has been running the Late Debate this year.....pretty well into the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The Mail on Sunday front page tomorrow 'Vincent is a Sexist Bully'

Joan Burton 'launches savage attack on veteran TV3 broadcaster'

This should be interesting!

http://twitpic.com/3unhe2

232882634.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296345282&Signature=0jUaEoTEl0IzrTSzUg4eBCFz0Dc%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

SkidMark wrote: »
    The Mail on Sunday front page tomorrow 'Vincent is a Sexist Bully'

Joan Burton 'launches savage attack on veteran TV3 broadcaster'

This should be interesting!

http://twitpic.com/3unhe2

232882634.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296345282&Signature=0jUaEoTEl0IzrTSzUg4eBCFz0Dc%3D
    Thanks for the heads up.... Looks like Joan is looking for a scapegoat as she knows her performance the other night has seriously damaged her creditability.........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

This is unreal, going to loose Labour lots of votes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement