Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I think "Miss Sinn Fein" is a little overwhelmed. Hope she does better in the swim wear round.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Tonight's show is complete shi*e.... bring back Mansergh, Burton, Boyle, Baby Lenihan & O' Ciev.......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

does VB not know how coalitions work yet?

Also, all parties go into elections on their own agendas. He's so annoying at times the big sexist* gimp.

*joke, I meant sexy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

I wonder who decides the seating plan??????

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Vinny is holding back tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I feel sorry for these girls' boyfriends and husbands,

They had to make their own dinner tonight, and they are going to get an earful at 2 in the morning about how nasty Vinny was to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Vinny is holding back tonight
    hmmm, kinda but not really

he just quoted Joan there - must be feeling guilty

oh, nice bertie dig he he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

God .. she just called Kathleen "Lucinda"... If she doesnt know who Lucinda Creighton is, then I cant imagine (with this lack of political awareness) she will have anything positive to add to the new Ministry For Political Reform..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

I keep thinking the one on the far right is going to launch into a rendition of "A bat out of hell".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Learned nothing there. Sorry VB.

• Advertisement

What's he at, now?

There's playing devil's advocate and there's **** stirring for the sake of it.

Don't over egg the pudding, Vincent!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This Twitter convo has gone on for fcuking ages with some girl about my comments, all the while sexist comments worse than mine appear in the feed. Funny stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

The Sinn Fein lad looked fairly lost there. I'd prefer to see Theresa Ferris on the panel.:)

Koloman wrote: »
    I keep thinking the one on the far right is going to launch into a rendition of "A bat out of hell".

She reminds me of the great Alison Moyet.

Either would liven up the show.

sorry about the trib, though.

In the past few weeks I thought it had actually improved a lot.

Now all we're left with is the sindo. bit of a rag imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

"I'd like to thank our, uhh, politicians...tonight"

Nice swerve there Vincent...I was worried he was gonna come out with something like "lovely ladies"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I was having a laugh. You may want to re-read the thread though, before you claim no-one is being condescending, though i'm guessing most of it is in jest, as was my post.

I usually enjoy the male/female banter on this thread, and as regular male posters can testify, i give as good as i get. My post you quoted was not directed at anyone specifically so could I ask you to lay off the presonal abuse in thread.

I wasn't abusing you, I was commenting on the post. You were going on and on about women this and women that when it is irrelevant.

As one woman pointed out the jobs are there people just need to go for them.

That_Guy wrote: »
    This Twitter convo has gone on for fcuking ages with some girl about my comments, all the while sexist comments worse than mine appear in the feed. Funny stuff.

You may give us a link to your twitter feed, no else is in on the joke at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is Cas working tonight?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    She reminds me of the great Alison Moyet.

Either would liven up the show.

sorry about the trib, though.

In the past few weeks I thought it had actually improved a lot.

Now all we're left with is the sindo. bit of a rag imo

that's an outrageous thing to say.

rags have their use.

God .. she just called Kathleen "Lucinda"... If she doesnt know who Lucinda Creighton is, then I cant imagine (with this lack of political awareness) she will have anything positive to add to the new Ministry For Political Reform..

Will that ministy's function be to ease the transition to fascism?

• Advertisement

baldbear wrote: »
    The Sinn Fein lad looked fairly lost there. I'd prefer to see Theresa Ferris on the panel.:)

Whats the point with the big desk there...

20090528-u4p5ccbrbq4r59w7r6wd2p8sw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

gambiaman wrote: »
    does VB not know how coalitions work yet?

Also, all parties go into elections on their own agendas. He's so annoying at times the big sexist* gimp.

*joke, I meant sexy

Agreed, Vincent appears to have been trying to be overly controversial in the last couple of days, every party goes into an election with their own agenda, every coalition is a compromise, these are not questions that deserve answering. I think his treatment of Sinn Fein's economic policies is unnecessarily dismissive too, he doesn't attack paul somerville for suggesting we need to default, why does he attack sinn fein for holding the exact same policies?

Is Cas working tonight?

No Morgan Jones from the Emergency

Cassie is no more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It must have been hard for Noreen to come on tonight, she is clearly very upset..... fair play to her...

For the love of God, dont let Vincent invest in another publication!:eek:

The man is bankrupt as it is....

I wasn't abusing you, I was commenting on the post. You were going on and on about women this and women that when it is irrelevant.

As one woman pointed out the jobs are there people just need to go for them.

Where was i going on about women?

The post you quoted was a joke! most of my posts have been ripping the piss out of the "women in politics" theme.

i posted ONE post explaining the quota system that susan mentioned to a poster who misunderstood what she said.

My own views on women in politics, and quotas, have not been mentioned here once.

That_Guy wrote: »

I always imagined you as a LOT older than 22!! :eek:

Compliment I suppose...

what did rabbitte say - missed that.

• Advertisement

telekon wrote: »
    I always imagined you as a LOT older than 22!! :eek:

Compliment I suppose...

You asking me out on a date?