Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Right I'm off to bed. Need to rest so I can concentrate on coming up with more sexist comments for future Vincent shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I just print this out in A3 and stick it up behind the telly..

162000_106231236092600_4336345_n.jpg

Cassie should run for the Dáil.

I doubt if she'd be any good, but imagine seeing that poster on every lamp post for three weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

ArtSmart wrote: »
    tbh not sure how much he got personally , but Magill publications did pretty ok with the judgment on tv guide publication rights (versus rte, bbc, itv)

Vincent says he will have to sell his house to pay his debts ...
    This week TV3 broadcaster Vincent Brown became the latest resident to post a 'for sale' sign outside his door. 'Atlanta', the six-bedroom red-brick coastal property where Browne and his wife raised their family, is on the market for €3.25m.

Browne and his wife Jean initially bought the property for IR£94,000 (€119,000). However, they have to sell the Victorian house to settle debts that accumulated through the broadcaster's involvement with Village magazine, which he started in 2004 .......

Sitting in the living room of his affluent family home overlooking the spectacular coastal view he said: "I lost a million and a half on the Village. There was a personal guarantee, yes, but the personal guarantee element is down to about €170,000 and I took out other loans and I'm paying them back."

"I have managed to amass a huge debt through Village and don't have a pension, so I have to pay off the debt and put something towards a pension."
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/vincent-browne-puts-beloved-house-for-sale-as-village-proves-too-costly-for-him-2334682.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

SkidMark wrote: »
    Vincent says he will have to sell his house to pay his debts ...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/vincent-browne-puts-beloved-house-for-sale-as-village-proves-too-costly-for-him-2334682.html
    "I have managed to amass a huge debt through Village and don't have a pension, so I have to pay off the debt and put something towards a pension."

....and all the while an untalented gimp like Tubridy is earning over €500k, all due to his family connections in FF and RTE.

Its so f*cking sick!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

telekon wrote: »
    ....and all the while an untalented gimp like Tubridy is earning over €500k, all due to his family connections in FF and RTE. Its so f*cking sick!! :mad:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.. You wont see any civil servants or ex TDs moving out of their houses... The only thing is Tele, if he can liquidize the house in to 3.25 million, he can buy a good house (now that the prices are gone down), pay off his debts and have enough to live on instead of a pension... That of course is all dependent on being able to get such a value for the house..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

for sure.

for all his hissy fits, Vinny is very human. unlike the DLB (though tubbs does share the hissy fit thing, albeit it looks more natural on tubbs)

....and all the while an untalented gimp like Tubridy is earning over €500k, all due to his family connections in FF and RTE.

And did you hear Tubridy this morning ? commenting on "Andrews" as if he was the man on the moon.. Arent presenters/contributors normally meant to declare their interests before commenting on such things..

At least he will be in the fortunate position of not having to comment on any of his relations in the Dáil after the next election... :D

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.. You wont see any civil servants or ex TDs moving out of their houses... The only thing is Tele, if he can liquidize the house in to 3.25 million, he can buy a good house (now that the prices are gone down), pay off his debts and have enough to live on instead of a pension... That of course is all dependent on being able to get such a value for the house..

He'll never get €3.25m. Remember some estate dealer on the radio saying back in september that €1.5m was a more realistic value for his house (which is incidently a gorgeous property as ye can all see here: http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=554909 )

It has to be said, the man's got taste...

I'd love to fix those crooked pictures going up the stairs!!

Anyone else feel bad for feeling like they're prying? :o

Anyone else feel bad for feeling like they're prying? :o

I felt bad for leaving him to view the Eleventh Hour on Monday.. Now after looking through his house, I feel worse.. :(:( I'd send him a tweet saying sorry, only he wouldnt know how to read it.. :(

I felt bad for leaving him to view the Eleventh Hour on Monday.. Now after looking through his house, I feel worse.. :(:( I'd send him a tweet saying sorry, only he wouldnt know how to read it.. :(

LOL! :D

Yea, and its definitely too late in the night for him to bring it over to Cassie's house...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Let's all chip in a bit, we could probably buy it between us. I've got around €700 in savings already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I've got around €700 in savings already.
    Sinn Fein would be interested to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I couldn't watch last night. Started watching but found it too boring. Then Vincent trying to bully and provoke as usual, to no avail.

Switched off after 15 minutes. Did he come up with any conclusions/suggestions, I guess I know the answer in advance.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,981 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

imme wrote: »
    I couldn't watch last night. Started watching but found it too boring. Then Vincent trying to bully and provoke as usual, to no avail.

Switched off after 15 minutes. Did he come up with any conclusions/suggestions, I guess I know the answer in advance.:cool:

You did not miss much, it was dreadful. I got a sense Vinny had a Ladies show as a response to Joan Brutal's astonishing claims about sexism. Even the Editor (female) from the tribune had a pain in her arse listening to this silly arguments about there not being enough female politicians.

Your Waaaan from Dublin was a little rough around the edges, sinn feins rep reminded me of the daughter in the Adams family (and not Gerry's), Lucinda from FG just came across as being completely disinterested and WTF was the Labour rep. I can't recall if a single topic of substance was discussed.

We almost got a Joan Brutal moment with tetchy Lucinda but over all a complete pile of ****e.

Hopefully we can move on to more eventful moments over the coming weeks!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I think the world has gone PC mad.. I think in light of the fiasco with Joan Burton last week, the Andy Gray issue, and the complete misinterpretation of Pat Rabbitte's joke... Vincent is afraid to say anything "edgy" to the women lest it he be considered misogynistic

Any idea who's on Vincent tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Tonight's theme is "de Left".

Anyone know who's on? hope Joe higgins is on, always has an entertaining way with words and great for getting a rise out of usually well practised, pr trained politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

I think Richard Boyd Barrett is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hopefully a FF gombeen gets slaughtered in the coliseum

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Koloman wrote: »
    If he is on, we will have a bit of fun tonight so.

• Advertisement

Hopefully a FF gombeen gets slaughtered in the coliseum

Now would be a good time to include a thumbs down function on boards. The social media reporter could tell vincent which FFer got the most thumbs down and it would be off with 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Dempo1 wrote: »
    You did not miss much, it was dreadful. I got a sense Vinny had a Ladies show as a response to Joan Brutal's astonishing claims about sexism. Even the Editor (female) from the tribune had a pain in her arse listening to this silly arguments about there not being enough female politicians.

Your Waaaan from Dublin was a little rough around the edges, sinn feins rep reminded me of the daughter in the Adams family (and not Gerry's), Lucinda from FG just came across as being completely disinterested and WTF was the Labour rep. I can't recall if a single topic of substance was discussed.

We almost got a Joan Brutal moment with tetchy Lucinda but over all a complete pile of ****e.

Hopefully we can move on to more eventful moments over the coming weeks!

They did an all female panel a few weeks ago, well before Joan's accusations of sexism. That last nights' show was poor was mainly down to Vincent's questioning and hissy fits. As I said before the questions about coalition partners were not worth answering. When he wasn't getting an answer he liked he acted as if he were about to break into tears instead of dealing with it intelligently.

Hopefully tonight's show will be alright, I hope he intends to take SF and the ULA's proposals to seperate sovereign and bank debt and have the banks default seriously or it will be a very long night.

Koloman wrote: »

Is he not from a background of wealth?

Serious lack of ties this evening.

RRB, Claire Daly, ciaran allen, niamh purcell and some academic whose name i didnt catch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Ohh Great Clare "Team Aer Lingus" Daly. Where is her baseball cap that she wears at council meetings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 TheYid

At the start of every show Vincent says there is a live blog been run on www.politico.ie, many a time I have gone to search for it, but can't locate it. Does anyone have a direct link to the blog?

A lot of black going on on that studio. It's like an ageing goth's convention. It probably IS.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Is he not from a background of wealth?
    No, he was brought up in Dublin, a pretty regular upbringing. However, his birth mother is Sinead Cusack the actress.

• Advertisement

Vincent sets the trap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement