Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Her suit looks like it was bought in a sale in Penneys....

What if it was? Amount of elitism, snobbery and glee found in people's appearance and accents tonight is extremely stupid, there's no other word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Koloman wrote: »
    Well there are a lot of nutters on the panel tonight.
    LOL.

thankfully we've had sanity for the last 13 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If you vote for this lot, you may as well just draw a big cock on your ballot paper methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Pensioners had FF.

The ULA have no one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Sardonicat wrote: »
    The social media reporter could tell vincent which FFer got the most thumbs down and it would be off with 'em!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrUf2G4DKoAui9OGvxtopQCptsKsg_tkP7zLX4kyF4jak0c5v0ng

"What exactly is this 'boards' you speak of?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

That_Guy wrote: »
    If you vote for this lot, you may as well just draw a big cock on your ballot paper methinks.

Every vote should be respected under democracy.

Just because you maybe have brainwashed into thinking there are 'respectable' parties and 'non-respectable' ones perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭Nollog

How many times does he usually ask the same question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

ArtSmart wrote: »
    LOL.

thankfully we've had sanity for the last 13 years.

Which just makes it all the more depressing.frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Foleyart

All I can say is that sometimes it's just pure comedy gold. V.Browne is always tongue in cheek anyway and sometimes just a pain in the ass, but every once in a while !! How come none of the papers picked up on this, do none of the journo's watch V.B.??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dogs Trust.. is that somewhere to put your dog's earning to avoid the tax man?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

What if it was? Amount of elitism, snobbery and glee found in people's appearance and accents tonight is extremely stupid, there's no other word for it.
    I have nothing against Penneys but I wouldn't go to an important interview dressed in a suit that was obviously past its best.....

Which just makes it all the more depressing.frown.gif
    hmmm

you sure you're pickin up on my sarkiness? :D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I have nothing against Penneys but I wouldn't go to an important interview dressed in a suit that was obviously past its best.....
    You might not have a choice if you couldnt afford a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

East- West Interconnector!! She stirred up trouble and then disappeared when it hit the fan, It was anotheri failed attempt to get her profile outside of her Swords base higher when she got around to running for the Dail again They call her Miss No in Fingal because she objects to everything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Vincent has just shown himself to be the establishment's 'pet' lefty.
    He usually spends half his programme time banging on about social equity; yet it's clear here that he doesn't actually believe in the premise it would be based on. He isn't just playing devil's advocate/questioning here: he's ridiculing.
    I wouldn't be voting for these people as they are too far to the left for me for and, for the most part, don't seem to have done their homework.
    Anyone who looks into the history of nation's defaulting, though, will realise it is in no way as outlandish as Browne is making out; many countries have defaulted and there is no history of it resulting in the kind of armageddon he's talking about.
    What's really outlandish is thinking we can continue with the 'deal' as currently constituted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I have the same accent but her voice irritates the hell out of me the way she speaks down to people.

SkidMark wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrUf2G4DKoAui9OGvxtopQCptsKsg_tkP7zLX4kyF4jak0c5v0ng

"What exactly is this 'boards' you speak of?"

He has so much trouble grasping the concept of Twidder that it's probable he would start twitching and frothing trying to get his head around Boards.

ArtSmart wrote: »
    hmmm

you sure you're pickin up on my sarkiness? :D

What?! You sarky? No, I don't believe it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

ascanbe wrote: »
    Vincent has just shown himself to be the establishment's 'pet' lefty.
    He usually spends half his programme time banging on about social equity; yet it's clear here that he doesn't actually believe in the premise it would be based on. He isn't just playing devil's advocate/questioning here: he's ridiculing.
    I wouldn't be voting for these people as they are too far to the left for me for and, for the most part, don't seem to have done their homework.
    Anyone who looks into the history of nation's defaulting, though, will realise it is in no way as outlandish as Browne is making out; many countries have defaulted and there is no history of it resulting in the kind of armageddon he's talking about.
    What's really outlandish is thinking we can continue with the 'deal' as currently constituted.

100% agree, the only people who agree with this bail out are the establishment centre parties who are too scared to oppose the EU in any meaningful way. A separation of sovereign and bank debt and an orderly default is not just a policy of the left it has been widely suggested and agreed upon by just about every well known right wing economist who has written about Ireland since the bailout happened. It is only a matter of time before it happens, but Sinn Fein, the ULA and perhaps a few independents like Somerville are the only ones with the extremely pragmatic policy of wanting to control how the default happens, versus allowing the state to slide into oblivion and an unorderly default which will have much more severe and long lasting implications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Jesus, would they ever put a few quid into some decent graphics!!!

mossyc123 wrote: »
    Jesus, would they ever put a few quid into some decent graphics!!!

I think it was done on a Commodore 64.

I think it was done on a Commodore 64.

I think it was done with cardboard, fuzzy felt, and cellotape.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

anyone see that poll with Sinn Fein at 16%, looking for a link

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭scruffy66

Tonight's theme: "De (looney) left."

And theres no such thing as the looney right !

Suppose now that micheal is at the helm of fianna fail , his spin doctors and
    shape shifters will have you all convinced it was leman brothers after all,
    and you stepford fianna failers will be back voting the bast..ds back.

Maybe they should re release that 80's election song, Rise and follow Charlie,
    After me lad's , we'll rise and follow MICHEAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think it was done with cardboard, fuzzy felt, and cellotape.

You are so old:D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Holy mother of God it gets worse...the zoom in on the Sun article :eek::D

i'm guessing you'll be 22 in em....sept....em, the 23rd?

scruffy66 wrote: »
    And theres no such thing as the looney right !

Suppose now that micheal is at the helm of fianna fail , his spin doctors and
    shape shifters will have you all convinced it was leman brothers after all,
    and you stepford fianna failers will be back voting the bast..ds back.

Maybe they should re release that 80's election song, Rise and follow Charlie,
    After me lad's , we'll rise and follow MICHEAL.

I was quoting vincent! Please dont make assumptions about my political persuasion. Believe me, I am not a FFer and I never have been. Are you unaware of the concept of irony?

• Advertisement

Yes, just like you! Old is the new young.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement