Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun: Best Boss Battle of the Year

Options
  • 14-01-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,518 ✭✭✭✭

Rules
    - Best Boss Battle of the Year on any machine or console!
    - An important part of any action adventure game. What boss battles stood out for you in 2009?
    - Wii/NDS/360/PS3/PSP/PS2/PC/iPod.
    - No more than 3 Nominations per person, please.
    - Please specify the game(s) and the console(s) they are on.
    - Game must have been released on or after January 1st 2009 (search for the game on www.gamefaqs.com and look at the data tab for a release date).
    - Nominations of Games for all regions are applicable, except Wii games and some 360 games (PAL Only). Use one of the following sites to check if its region free. url=http://www.play-asia.com]Play Asia[/url | Video Games Plus].
    - Top 6-8 will go forward for the Vote (exact number dependant on number of nominations received).
    - Vote will take place soon.
    - Just one more batch of categories after this. Then its time to vote!

Nominees
    Demon's Souls: Tower Knight
    Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2: General Shepherd
    inFamous: Kessler
    Batman Arkham Asylum: Scarecrow
    Demon's Souls: Old Monk

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Scarecrow - Arkham Asylum
    Old Monk - Demon's Souls

• Registered Users Posts: 26,401 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Hmm, Maximillian Tank level in Valkyria Chronicles?

One of the P4 end boss?

I thought the U2 boss battle was alot better than I thought it would be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tower Knight: Demons Souls
    Old Monk: Demons Souls
    Persona 4: Shadow Kanji

Thought the Uncharted 2 final boss battle was an absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,401 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Tower Knight: Demons Souls
    Old Monk: Demons Souls
    Persona 4: Shadow Kanji

Thought the Uncharted 2 final boss battle was an absolute joke.

Twas tough enough on hard, really had my heart pounding at times.

EDIT: have to add a DS boss....I thought the Witch in Latria was quite good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well maybe it's because I love bossesso much it takes a lot to impress me but I've seen uncharted 2's boss done before and it's always done badly and U2 was no exception. Also the game really didn't need an unrealistic boss fight like that, it kind of ruined the end, for all it'sflaws the uncharted 1 end fit a lot better. At least the end spectacle made up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The Scarecrow from Arkham Asylum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

The Scarecrow - Arkham Asylum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

The Scarecrow Batman: Arkham Asylum
    General Shepherd Modern Warfare 2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Old Monk - Demon's Souls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Tower Knight - Demon's Souls.
    Chaos - Final Fantasy - Dissidia. The entire game is boss battles really.
    End boss - inFamous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Struggs - Deadly Creatures

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Old Monk - demon souls
    Man eater - demon souls just when you think it can't get any tougher, it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well maybe it's because I love bossesso much it takes a lot to impress me but I've seen uncharted 2's boss done before and it's always done badly and U2 was no exception. Also the game really didn't need an unrealistic boss fight like that, it kind of ruined the end, for all it'sflaws the uncharted 1 end fit a lot better. At least the end spectacle made up for it.

Yeah, I thought the final boss fight was the low point of the game. It felt totally out of place. A very tight/scripted, either chase sequence or a linear level based around fighting him, probably would've worked better and fit with the game more than the very "videogamey" arena boss fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

inFAMOUS - End Boss
    Borderlands - The Vault
    MW2 - General Shepard

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement