Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlegate Adamstown

Options
  • 14-01-2010 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi everybody!!can somebody help me with my doubts about property in castelgate adamstown:rolleyes: me and my boyfriend we want to buy an apartment because they are very cheap and tomorow we will have a viewing and i heard that it is like a ghost town ............
    does anybody know what it is like there does anybody live there ??
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suggest you have a wander around there. There are schools and the train station, but I haven't seen any shops or other services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

telibasa wrote: »
    hi everybody!!can somebody help me with my doubts about property in castelgate adamstown:rolleyes: me and my boyfriend we want to buy an apartment because they are very cheap and tomorow we will have a viewing and i heard that it is like a ghost town ............
    thanks

I'm afraid they're no way cheap TBH. I had a look around a few months ago and I wasn't very impressed TBH. Forget about driving into work from there, I'd imagine the road out to the N4 is madness in the morning times. Coupled with that there's no real facilities around for what's supposed to be a new town. I've seen more facilities in a small rural town TBH. IF you can afford somewhere else closer to the city, I'd be going there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 telibasa

thank you victor but im wondering more about whether there is much anti-social problems and what the future holds for the area

• Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure if there are enough people for anyone to be anti-social.

Acces to the N4 isn't as bad as it could have been as you can use the Newcastle Road, Woodies and Liffey Valley interchanges. You can also access the N7 and the railway.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=dublin&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=29.854268,56.513672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Dublin,+County+Dublin+City,+Ireland&ll=53.340816,-6.423054&spn=0.043866,0.175781&z=13

thanks do you have any idea which area would you recomend for apartments not to expensive ............we are not from this country .

• Advertisement

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

I read a report in local newspaper 'liffey champion' a number apartments and houses in Castelgate had serious leaks in the ceilings/rooves following the heavy rain after Stephens day,
    check out neighbours.ie for more info, there is an adamstown forum on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

myself and my bf looked at houses/apartments in Adamstown and in the end decided it was way to far out for us, there is a train station but its only at one end of it and the complex is huge so you could have to walk quiet a bit to get to train - not something i wanted to be doing on my own in cold and dark winter mornings/evenings

hi everybody i went to wiew the apartments in castelgate adamstown and i didnt like the prices and they are vey small i am disapointed .
    i went aswell in newcastle and i saw few appartment in parsons court, a little estate very nice, cute but too quiet and far out for me i like somenthing near to the city center .............
    i dont know maybe i dont have luck .
    i was thinking maybe in tallaght but i heard that has a bad reputation ............i made an appointment for new bancroft apartments because i think i have the luas there, and a lot of buses, i will see a 1 bedroom ap but is the last one and is it in the groud floor and i am a bit concerned about it, i am thinking it will be a bit dangerous .......... what would anyone advise me to do :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ps. my budget is 150,000

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

i will see a 1 bedroom ap but is the last one and is it in the groud floor and i am a bit concerned about it, i am thinking it will be a bit dangerous .......... what would anyone advise me to do :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    The ground floor of an apartment complex is not always a good place if the area nearby has an anti-social element. If going, look for damage that may have been caused by rainwater.
    my budget is 150,000
    Saw this one in Smithfield http://www.daft.ie/1493437 Smithfield isn't bad. It's close to the city centre, anti-social element isn't too visable (I've only walked through there a few times at night, at the weeekends).

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    The ground floor of an apartment complex is not always a good place if the area nearby has an anti-social element. If going, look for damage that may have been caused by rainwater.

Saw this one in Smithfield http://www.daft.ie/1493437 Smithfield isn't bad. It's close to the city centre, anti-social element isn't too visable (I've only walked through there a few times at night, at the weeekends).
    thank you very much but we cant afford a second hand house because we have to pay stamp dutty ...........we are not FTB
    I heard aswelll that the apartments in few years will be worthless..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

hi everybody i went to wiew the apartments in castelgate adamstown and i didnt like the prices and they are vey small i am disapointed .
    i went aswell in newcastle and i saw few appartment in parsons court, a little estate very nice, cute but too quiet and far out for me i like somenthing near to the city center .............
    i was thinking maybe in tallaght but i heard that has a bad reputation ............i made an appointment for new bancroft apartments because i think i have the luas there, and a lot of buses, i will see a 1 bedroom ap but is the last one and is it in the groud floor and i am a bit concerned about it, i am thinking it will be a bit dangerous .......... what would anyone advise me to do :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ps. my budget is 150,000

try here

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

thank you very much but we cant afford a second hand house because we have to pay stamp dutty ...........we are not FTB
    I can't see any apartment not being worthless in a few years the way the market is going. If you are looking for a house, you'll be a far bit outside Dublin with your budget :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

ps. my budget is 150,000

I'm in a similer suitation

I've enquired about this place. The EA has yet to come back to me about who exactly the management co is. In fact I got an email from the EA asking for my number! I replied back stating I was not prepared to provide this until I had carried out research first. For all I know the management co could be insolvent! Remember the Hardwicke was a Liam Carroll development. So one must expect a poor standard throughout (this was a pre 1998 dev). He improved devs since then.

I disagree. But it all depends on LOCATION TBH.
    I can't see any apartment not being worthless in a few years the way the market is going. If you are looking for a house, you'll be a far bit outside Dublin with your budget :(

I agree unless you want to live in Finglas or Ballyfermot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

You can buy houses in Dublin for 150k now. They're in rough parts of the city, but they'll keep their value a bit better than an apartment.

Personally if I were you I'd continue renting while you save more and try to increase your salaries. This will allow you to buy something better as you'll have a larger deposit, you'll get a higher mortgage, and house prices will be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

ps. my budget is 150,000

tallaght is a very big place.... it has its good and bad areas.... those apartments are in the village which is fine. Personally i wouldnt buy ground floor apartment anywhere if it faces out onto the main road...
    Tallaght especially has had a lot of apartments built over the last few years... you'd be mad to pay 150 for a one bed there because they are falling in price a lot and will continue to fall for a long time.... there are simply way too many of them..

Personally i think you'll get a two bed there for 100k within three years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

You should also bear in mind whether or not you'll want to sell the place in a few years.

If you're getting a home for life, then negative equity won't matter too much (although obviously it would be nice to not lose money!), but if you only want something for a few years you need to be really careful you don't pay over the odds. Last thing you want is to be trapped in a 1 bedroom ground floor apartment in the middle of nowehere.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭leom

it has become very crowded area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

For 150 you could buy a house in a working class area.OR maybe an apartment in blanchardstown,just check the forums 4blanch before you buy in a specific area.AN apartment on the top floor is safer and quieter than a ground floor one.IF you buy in a block half empty the service charges may increase in 2 years time dramatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Tomtdowling

thanks

Hi Just to let you know I live in Castlegate, Adamstown, to say its a ghost town is completely untrue. While development has not happened as quickly as first anticipated. The important thing is that infrastructure went in at same time as housing.
    To date there are about 1,200 houses built, with that there is a Train Station, a dedicated bus service, 2 National schools (permanent structures) 1 secondary School, A large crech, 1 kids playground, 1 local shop & a small cafe about to open. Not many estates can say that in the current climate.

I'm very happy here, check it out for your self, train service only 15mins from Heuston.

Check out my website where you will find much more about Adamstown & the Lucan area www.tomdowling.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 majak

I bought a house in stratton (adamstown square) last year and i am very unhappy with it. there were many problems with the house and construction company. if i could turn back time, i would have never bought it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

majak wrote: »
    I bought a house in stratton (adamstown square) last year and i am very unhappy with it. there were many problems with the house and construction company. if i could turn back time, i would have never bought it!

Majak- while I sympathise with your issues- this website does not allow cross posting of identical posts in different fora. You've now cut and paste the exact same post- 5 times. Please decide where you would like to post- and remove the additional posts.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 majak

Sorry,i just didn't know that wasn't allowed.

4 posts removed.

Advertisement