Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Athlone) Looking to gain experience in panel beating/Mechanic

• 14-01-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi.

I am living in athlone, and i was wondering does anyone know of anyone that is looking for a hand in either fixing cars or panel beating in the athlone area.

I am free after 6 in the evenings and would like to get a bit of knowledge in repairing cars,either body work or mechanical.

If yeah know anyone that would be looking for a hard worker to give them a help in there garage in the eves, Please let me know. i am looking to gain experience.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Most garages etc close around half 5, so doubt you'd have much luck there.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Genuineguy

Well if there was anyone that does a bit of work on the side in the evenings fixing cars, That would be more suitable. Thanks

Currently what is your knowledge like. Can you do basic servicing, pads etc. If not do a nightcourse or something. Also do you want to do this to get into the trade or to just learn about cars ?

Well, Just trying to get more familar with a car,

I would be able todo a basic service, Oil, fuel filter, Brake pads.

Would like to gain a bit more knowledge on engines. Ie Clutches, Timing belt etc. I have done a bit of spray work on my own car, would also like to gain a bit more knowledge on that to.

Its for my own personal knowledge more than anything else, just have an interest in cars.

If you can't do an oil change, filters or plugs at the moment a Haynes manual or similar is your friend :) Or an evening course, they are very basic but will cover oil changes and plugs etc.

• Advertisement

I can do all of that, The spark plug, oil filter, More or less looking to gain experience from working with a machanic on cars, More hands on approach.
    If there was a mechanic that was even doing mixers in the evenings that would suit me also.

Sorry I misread your post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

How far you willing to travel OP?

Wwell i would be willing to travel a bit outside of athlone. I have a car so no worries there.Im originally from Galway, So would be nice if i could get some experience either in westmeath/Galway.

Advertisement