Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When Will People Stop Refering to Michael Soden as Former BOI CE

Options
  • 14-01-2010 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

When will media outlets stop refering to Michael Soden as the former Chief Executive of Bank Of Ireland. Soden is in big demand for TV and radio programmes dealing with banking and/or general economic affairs.
    Soden was CE of BoI 2 years from 2002-2004, http://www.rte.ie/business/2004/0530/boi.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Why shouldn't they describe him as such? It is accurate, and it is a relevant credential when he is asked to comment on banking and related matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Why shouldn't they describe him as such? It is accurate, and it is a relevant credential when he is asked to comment on banking and related matters.
    I know it's accurate. It's more the relevance I had in mind. What does it matter. He's not active in banking any more as far as I know. http://www.independent.ie/national-news/exbanker-urges-former--colleagues-to-step-down-1558320.html
    How long after someone has left an org does it still be relevant for them to be referred to as having worked there once.
    Also Soden was only CE for 2 years.

He was a banker for far more than two years.

People still refer to David McWilliams as an economist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

He was a banker for far more than two years.

People still refer to David McWilliams as an economist.
    he was a banker for a good while alright, he spent a good portion of his professional time abroad, Australia among other places. His knowledge of Irish situation seems limited imo. He doesn't add anything to any radio/tv show I've seen/heard him on imo.

True about McWilliams:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It makes sense to refer to him as such. It also helps people take his opinions on a property market that he helped inflate with just a bit more salt etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

Is it generally known why he was asked to leave Bank of Ireland?

dny123456 wrote: »
    Is it generally known why he was asked to leave Bank of Ireland?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

The one still amazes me is how often Padraig White is introduced as former CE of the IDA - it was 20 years ago!!!

Advertisement