Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry state of Irish mobile operator IT support

• 14-01-2010 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or do all Irish mobile operators have incompetent IT staff?
    • Vodafone has had huge problems with their website for months now. For example their online store often displays prices with decimals (30.00000001€ instead of 30€), My Vodafone can't display the price plan you're on if you are bill pay, iPhones stopped displaying some web sites like YouTube and Gmail over 3G due to apparent DNS breakage specific to iPhones, etc.
    • O2's web site is known to be broken all the time, DNS was broken and their web site inaccessible over New Year for almost 3 days, web texts display the phone number using the prefix "00" instead of "+", which breaks replies when you send texts to the US, etc.
    • Meteor's online store has been down for days now, although otherwise their online presence seems to be pretty solid.
    • Three doesn't support online top-up and probably never will (there have been promised about this for months now). My Three is slow as hell and often takes more then a minute to load.
    In theory Irish consumers should have a choice, but considering the above, you have to select the operator that sucks the least. Rather worrying, considering the prices Irish consumers pay are one of the highest in Europe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

We pay a ridiculous amount of money to data operators in this country. An SMS at 160 bytes - or 0.125KB - is rated at 10-13c with most companies. At that rate it works out at €1,000 per MEGABYTE.

Just something to ponder. Scary.

Advertisement