Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it possible to syn a EHD through WMP and then onto the 360?

• 14-01-2010 1:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭

I can stream from WMP without any hassle to my 360, but I've more or less put everything on an EHD and was wondering is there some way to stream off this onto my 360? The 360 wont recognise it so that's not an option to hook it up directly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

siblers wrote: »
    I can stream from WMP without any hassle to my 360, but I've more or less put everything on an EHD and was wondering is there some way to stream off this onto my 360? The 360 wont recognise it so that's not an option to hook it up directly.

If you are plugging the external HD directly into the 360 and it doesn't see it then it's a formatting issue. The 360 can only read fat32 formatted drives, your's is likely ntfs.

You can reformat but you will lose all the data on the drive so back up 1st. Streaming is possible from pc though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I have all my media on a 1TB ext drive, which is connected to my PC, and added as a share in TVersity. This streams fine to the 360 (also streams fine using WMP but didn't play some filetypes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

What filetypes have ye played fgine with an EHD? I'm having problems getting it to play AVI files. It got me to download an optional media update, but even after getting that, I can't play AVI files.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

tversity is king for this sort of thing..

you just need to refresh the sources everytime you add something to your chosen harddrive/folder

actually does anyone use any software to organize their avis like itunes does with mp3s etc.. mine are all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Can't get TVersity to recognise my EHD, is there something in particular I gotta do? Or is it a format issue? Is there someway of just streaming from my EHD through WMP and then to 360? It recognises folders on my computer but I can't figure out how to set it up with my EHD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement