Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Framed photos of New York, cool scenery - where to purchase?

• 14-01-2010 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

I've recently moved into a new apt and am looking to get hold of a few framed photos to hang up. The apt is pretty bare and there is plenty of wall space. I was thinking of a few black & white New York cityscape photos and maybe some Ansel Adams type scenery and anything really. I'm pretty open to suggestions. I would like some really massive pictures (up to 6ft wide) as I've a few big walls to cover. There are a few photos I've seen of the winter snow we've just had so wouldn't mind getting a few of them blown up and framed. Any suggestions on where to source such things online or b&m shops are welcome.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Keep it local!
    There's a lot of seriously good photographers posting here on Boards and most have links to their sites/flickr/pixie in their sigs.

Take a bit of time and browse some of their streams - I guarantee you'll find something you like and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to sell you a print or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

If any of these float your particular boat I'd be happy to oblige :)

http://www.chrisdidthis.com/?p=948

Also check out :

http://flickr.com/photos/stunt_penguin

For more of my stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Guys, I'm well awear of the photography forum and even purchased the boards.ie photography book last year for my sis. I will scour the photos on boards.ie but for more professional type framed photos, where would I look. I may just end up blowing up a few photos from boards users. We'll see. Keep the suggestions coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Keep an eye out for mobileblog's NY shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

Giles Norman

Not cheap, but good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

_DSC2603-low-res.jpg

I have a LOT of images from NY and surrounding areas as well as Worldwide images..

If you use Facebook maybe we can meet up there and you can look at the images..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭kirving

Excellent photo there Sunny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

aaf wrote: »
    Guys, I'm well awear of the photography forum and even purchased the boards.ie photography book last year for my sis. I will scour the photos on boards.ie but for more professional type framed photos, where would I look. I may just end up blowing up a few photos from boards users. We'll see. Keep the suggestions coming.

Thats really quite a disparaging remark. What leads you to believe that you won't get here what you are looking for and as professionally printed and framed as anywhere else, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I may just end up blowing up a few photos from boards users. We'll see. Keep the suggestions coming.

I assume you are going to ask people if you can purchase or seek permission for use of those shots rather than just take them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If you would like some B&W Irish Landscapes then have a look at www.blackandwhite.ie

Neil only works in Mono for his landscapes & they are very good quality prints. He mainly sells the outside of Ireland, so they come mounted but not framed. There will be an exhibition of his prints in Dublin Camera Club soon (hopefully starting this Saturday)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

I don't have any New York shots (yet :D) but I can fully recommend some of the people who post regularily on here;

Danny
    Elven
    Darren

Sorry if I missed out on others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I have dealt with this gentleman before. He has some absolutely jaw-dropping night shots of New York.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

TskTsk wrote: »
    Giles Norman

Not cheap, but good.
    Excellent, some great inspiration for my up and coming trip.

Well that's a bit disparaging and you're also implying that you'd steal images from our flickr streams and just blow them up without permission. What I was implying was that I'd sell you a print and I'd have done you a so-called "professional type" framed print for a good price but consider the offer rescinded.

Oh, and it's "aware".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Well that's a bit disparaging and you're also implying that you'd steal images from our flickr streams and just blow them up without permission. What I was implying was that I'd sell you a print and I'd have done you a so-called "professional type" framed print for a good price but consider the offer rescinded.

Oh, and it's "aware".

I am not sure where the OP said he was going to steal anything from here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Here is my New York set

3467272605_01bc622669.jpg

3464601304_8080138c91.jpg

Don't mind the old ones taken on a crappy Olympus camera back in 2004, there might be one or 2 of interest from my last visit, but New York is such a great place to photograph that you already will have been spoilt for choice with the options presented to you so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

TskTsk wrote: »
    Giles Norman

Not cheap, but good.

This guy has an exhibition and/or gallery in the Whitewater shopping centre in Newbridge. It was there before xmas anyway but I haven't been there since so I presume it still is.

Guys, thanks for the links. To the boardsie's who misread my original post, I have no intention of stealing anything. Check out some of my previous 2000 post or so to see that I'm not that kind of guy. I'll be checking out loads of photos taken by you guys over the next while. Having NTL broadband installed tomorrow so will have ALOT more bandwidth to view photo's then. I'll be in touch if I find any photos I like taken by boardsie's.

Oh, and to stunt_penguin, check out the unruly time I typed up original post at - I was typing "awear" and I knew it was wrong but couldn't think straight so went to bed. Don't know why I stay up so late. Addicted to boards.ie :cool:

Well that's alright then.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

• Advertisement

Chorcai wrote: »
    Cheers. I've been in contact with Spike via PM. I'm interested in a photo or two of his but I want to also have a look at more boardsie's photos too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

you mentioned ansel adams.

i spent a few hours in the adams gallery in yosemite recently. his work is obviously impressive. one of the most impressive shots i spotted there wasn't one of his though, it was this one :

http://www.anseladams.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1407

it doesn't look great online for some reason - but in person - it is a stunning shot.

Advertisement