Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fun in snow = money

• 14-01-2010 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

hey i was just wondering that since i have missed all my exams due to weather conditions do i have to pay to take them in august??
    :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

What's your excuse for missing them? Could you not make it to the exam hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

60 per exam, but max payment of 240.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

ALL of them? Ouch!

(sl)ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 kevwall

you try get there from the glen of imal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

kevwall wrote: »
    you try get there from the glen of imal!
    Get on your toboggan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Wiggles~

I was actually wondering about this. If someone in final year couldn't make any of their exams for some reason is it just tough ****, you'll have to settle for a pass degree or is there any dispensation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Wiggles~ wrote: »
    I was actually wondering about this. If someone in final year couldn't make any of their exams for some reason is it just tough ****, you'll have to settle for a pass degree or is there any dispensation?

You'd have to go to the department with that one. Apparently they make exceptions in special circumstances and where proof is provided (bereavement, severe illness ect.)

In the case of weather I think if you really wanted to make your exams during the last 2 weeks you would have so I don't think that excuse is going to hold.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Thats a bit harsh if no public transport was closely available and a person chose to put their own safety before exams.

• Advertisement

Academic advisory office. Awesome people, but they see through the crap (usually...)

castie wrote: »
    Thats a bit harsh if no public transport was closely available and a person chose to put their own safety before exams.

There was temp accommodation offered on campus and im pretty sure it worked out less than paying for repeats. All im saying is unless you were physically stranded in a particular area there were options open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Devia wrote: »
    There was temp accommodation offered on campus and im pretty sure it worked out less than paying for repeats. All im saying is unless you were physically stranded in a particular area there were options open.

And how did you get to the accomodation if you're stuck because of the snow and ice?

TheDrog wrote: »
    And how did you get to the accomodation if you're stuck because of the snow and ice?

Did you read my second sentence there at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

Your best bet might be contact the relevant Departments, they should have some provision for genuine cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

They have a provision. It's called repeating unfortunately.

Advertisement