If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 40"-42" LCD or Plasma x 3

Options
  • 14-01-2010 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm after a bit of advice and a few quotes. My brother is looking to purchase a 40"-42" lcd or plasma with a budget of approx £500. Another friend of mine is also interested in purchasing a 40"-42" but has a greater budget of about £700. I've seen the LG 42pq6000 and the LG 42 LH3000 mentioned in a few other threads here and they are Republic of Ireland MPEG4 compatible. ANy other options in that price range for my brother?

I might be in the market for a Panasonic 42" G10 (maybe a G10L or G10B) at the end of the month. I know they're not compatible with Rep of Ire MPEG4 but I can add on a Humax Freesat tuner if needs be at a later date. Basically, I need a tv now and want the best I can get as I have PS3, Onkyo 905 (purchased from your good selves) and some fantastic PMC speakers so I want a good plasma to go with them. My old Pioneer 43" PDP-427XD (also purchased from RS in Belfast) has found a new owner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I'm also very interested in the Panasonic 42" V10 model as it comes with THX certified display. Can you guys source that one?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

aaf wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm after a bit of advice and a few quotes. My brother is looking to purchase a 40"-42" lcd or plasma with a budget of approx £500. Another friend of mine is also interested in purchasing a 40"-42" but has a greater budget of about £700. I've seen the LG 42pq6000 and the LG 42 LH3000 mentioned in a few other threads here and they are Republic of Ireland MPEG4 compatible. ANy other options in that price range for my brother?

I might be in the market for a Panasonic 42" G10 (maybe a G10L or G10B) at the end of the month. I know they're not compatible with Rep of Ire MPEG4 but I can add on a Humax Freesat tuner if needs be at a later date. Basically, I need a tv now and want the best I can get as I have PS3, Onkyo 905 (purchased from your good selves) and some fantastic PMC speakers so I want a good plasma to go with them. My old Pioneer 43" PDP-427XD (also purchased from RS in Belfast) has found a new owner.

AAF,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

If you a Pioneer fan I would strongly recommend the LG 42PQ6000 - it has looks and performance way out of kilter with it's price - it really is a great TV and is really popular at the moment. The 6000 is £499.95 at the moment and has MPEG2 / MPEG 4 and UHF/VHF tuners on board.

If you want the very best TV you can get - you really should have a look at this - I know it's expensive but for such an old RS Customer we can always work you out a VIP price - if you are used to Pioneer etc - there is nothing else worth considering - drop me a line if you want a killer price!

ATB and again apologies for the delay in getting back to you,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.