Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove Selection

Options
  • 14-01-2010 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'd like your opinion on which boiler multi-fuel stove to buy.
    I need 4 KW of room heat and I need to heat 7 rads + water cylinder. I may add 2 more rads sometime later but not now.
    Some of the dealers say that the medium stoves are very poor for room heat. Is this true. I'm interested to hear your experience. Also if the brochure says it will give 4 KW to room - is that at max when it's packed with coal. Also if the brochure says it will heat 8 rads - does it. I don't want something that we need to keep feeding non stop all day to get a performance. Room heat is the preference. Does anyone know anything about the Blacksmith Bellows or Forge. Or the Glenregan. What do you recommend. Please comment on fuel consumption. Chow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hi there,

This is a Help Desk for issues related to this website (boards.ie) and how it operates. Home appliances is a bit outside our remit ;)

We know it's a big site and as a new member it can be a bit daunting. You might want to try and post your query in the Home Appliances forum to get an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Home Improver

But I find this site very difficult to negotiate. Perhaps you can move this topic for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Just click on the link in my post above and then select "New Thread" - just like you did when creating this one :)

You'll get the hang of it, I'm sure!

Advertisement