Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Platinum blonde hair.

• 14-01-2010 2:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭

I have this sudden urge to get my hair dyed platinum blonde. Like white-ish. It's currently at pretty much my natural colour, which is very light blonde anyway. I had it very light a few years ago, just from a home dying kit thing I got in tesco. Ha! This would be it. Awful photo/haircut but all I can find.

I dunno. Does/will it suit me? Is it too much? I'm just sick of my hair being the same. And no way I'm going brunette.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah I think it would suit you but I think you would need to get a funky hair cut to go with it, like a blunt fringe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'd love a fringe, and did have one for years..but they are just so bloody annoying! And get so greasy. I'll go to the hairdressers tomorrow I think and have a talk. Yay for impulsive hair changing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It rocks. I've done that a few times - "just cut it off..." I'm lucky enough to have a face shape that can carry off most hair styles.

Best of luck, go mad! Then post a pic here. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I agree you could really pull it off. The style of thinking of could be mistaken for lego lady hair but Im thinking blunt fringe and shoulderish length. Ill post a pic tomorrow..go for it girl and def post a photo x

Don't really want to cut it very short either though, it took ages to get this long! Eep, I dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I think platinum blonde would really suit you. Get a fringe! If it gets greasy and you don't wanna wash your hair, you can just use dry shampoo, it's great. Kinda gives your hair some volume too, I find. That's why I use it anyway, have really fine hair.

A nice hair change is always fun. Post a pic when it's done! I'm thinking of going blonde myself but I'm a bit scared 'cause naturally I'm quite dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Novella wrote: »
    I think platinum blonde would really suit you. Get a fringe! If it gets greasy and you don't wanna wash your hair, you can just use dry shampoo, it's great. Kinda gives your hair some volume too, I find. That's why I use it anyway, have really fine hair.

A nice hair change is always fun. Post a pic when it's done! I'm thinking of going blonde myself but I'm a bit scared 'cause naturally I'm quite dark.

I'm naturally quite dark too and was blonde for about a year. A few things for you to think about would be -

1) The price of maintenence. Dark roots are not a good look which means a trip to the hairdresser every month. It works out very expensive.

2) Your eyebrows will be dark and sometimes it just looks weird.

3) Going blonde is very damaging for your hiar as you'll have to get it bleached first to lift the colour. Your hair could be brittle and dry.

4) Will it actually suit your skin tone etc. If you're naturally blonde it may not, just something to think about.

I was blonde and everyoen said it was lovely at the time but since changing it to fire engine red, my friends have all said 'thank God...it didn't suit you at all!'. B*stards could have told me!!
    Looking back at photos I cringe at myself blonde..

You have been warned:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Edit function isn't working for me...I meant to say if you're naturally brunette it may not suit you..

It works for some though!

Well anyway I went to the hairdressers. She was really helpful.

She said that an all over platinum colour would be too much if I decide to keep my hair this long, and I don't want to get it cut up short. She said my hair is "such a nice colour anyway" so i should keep it as it is. BUT I DON'T WANT TO!

She said it's a blonde as it can be now without bleaching it, and she doesn't want to bleach it. So she's gonna put a few very light highlights through it and give it a bit of a cut. I'll see on Saturday how it turns out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i had completely bleached hair for a couple of years and while i loved it it felt like cr@p!
    if you do decide to do it you should get really good salon shampoo and conditioner and a few treatments to keep it from snapping off constantly.
    also there is a product you can get in hairdressing shops called a colourbomb, it's either revlon or loreal, you can get a single one for 3e or a bottle for 20e...basically this is a treatment that has silverising pigments in it to keep your blonde/white super bright and conditioned, you don't have to use it every time you wash your hair either, bout every 2-4 times....

best of luck, platinum hair is super fun!

• Advertisement
Advertisement