Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sydney Festival

Options
  • 14-01-2010 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hey All,

I am going to see the Slutcracker next week and perhaps Take Your Time at the MCA on Saturday.

Anybody else going to or seen anything as yet? Any recommendations? I missed the opening night due to work but will catch up soon.

j

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭PhiliousPhogg

Grizzly Bear played the Recital Hall last week, I think they're finished their dates now, but were absolutely superb. Didn't catch any reviews but I'm sure they were good.

Bale de Rua was very good (not part of the festival but cooincided with it), the physicality of professional dancers amazes me. Forget about your rugby league and ironman contests that these aussies are obsessed with, if you can dance like that for over an hour you've achieved physical perfection if you ask me. Pity the show was all men and only 2 women though :(.

Nothing much else took my fancy tbh. Sharon Shannon me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

Hey PhiliousPhogg,

While I agree that Bale de Rua was an impressive display, I didn't actually enjoy it. I though after the first 20mins it was a bit samey. Though I did get ticket from the Tix for Next to Nix box so it was on $25 so that was good.

If you get the chance check out Smoke & Mirrors in the Spieltent. It was awesome.

j

Advertisement