Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone really jealous of people getting snow in the motherland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Meh, they're more jealous of us. The novelty would wear off after an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Meh, they're more jealous of us. The novelty would wear off after an hour.

We're not and it didn't. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

I get jealous when it hits 43 degrees here.

Then when it cools down to a more respectable 23 = not so jealous anymore. Hard not to miss snowfights when you're pissed after a night out though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I am freezin here in my office, the Aircon is at 16 Degrees, thats an Irish Summer

so no, and if i ever did I'd just Go and stick me balls in an Esky for a half an hour, maybe rub an icecube on the tip of me nose too till the skin peels off, just for that Authentic Experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!

I WANT SNOW!!!!!

my sister got to build a snowman with beansprout eyes on a frozen pond, my brother got to attach a sled to his car and drag it around with my cousin on the back (and vice versa, no doubt), and i got... grey skies and rain.
    dude. that's NOT a fair trade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

The-Rigger wrote: »
    We're not and it didn't. :pac:

BS. It's in our nature to complain about any prolonged weather condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

We are all individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

The-Rigger wrote: »
    We are all individuals.
    +1

The snow was great fun, as long as it lasted

I hated Oz weather

It's great when your spendin your days at the beach, but livin and workin its different altogether
    Hack of suncream every day, and hack of aircon!

Cosy FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

It’s bloody typical that the one year in my whole life I am not at home for Christmas it snows. It would have been nice at Christmas to see some snow.

It would also have been nice the other night when it was 37 degrees at about 1 in the morning here and me with no aircon! Didnt get much sleep that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Doc wrote: »
    37 degrees at about 1 in the morning here and me with no aircon! Didnt get much sleep that night.
    Story of my life the last few months I was in Brisbane!
    Not to mention the 4am sunrise! :mad:

PS Brisbane rocks my teabags..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Trust me after a few weeks of snow , ice and -4 to -10 the novilty wore off . I guess being back in Melbourne from Nov to Dec didn't help me . Got use to the weather back there again and then i was back here again .

Take a look here to see news stories

http://www.youtube.com/snowireland

and here for pictures

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ray-DArcy-Show/Snow.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

yes much as i love the sun i like the snow more, spent a year in canada and it was all over the place, so jealous

Advertisement