Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Deporting Irish for Visa Fraud

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Ahhh, remember the days when you had to be a criminal to get into Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Good enough for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

+1 Don't let the Departure Door hit you on the way out.

Every time an Irish passport holder commits Visa Fraud it tarnishs every other Irish Applicant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

spadder wrote: »

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, that's actually the first time I've heard that one.
    Zambia232 wrote: »
    Every time an Irish passport holder commits Visa Fraud it tarnishs every other Irish Applicant

Too true. And the same goes for those on a WHV who go out every night and quit a job early.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

tis fair like, but Lads, we'll have to put a better effort in this year to see about beatin the Koreans to No 1.

on that note, I am lookin for someone in March/April who's handy at the construction, legit 3 month stay in a bush cabin, nearish to Mt Isa/Cloncurry/Dajarra.

• Advertisement

can rock and roll earlier if ya dont mind the HEAT, I was up there a few years ago and it was in the 52-53 mark, nice place tho, lots of gear there, has a train station :D & broadband:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

So what website was it?
    The fraud became so widespread last year that Irish people were openly discussing it online. One poster to an Irish website wrote: “You can submit these [business details] with false dates etc and hope for the best that no one follows them up and checks. I’ve run into a few people now that have their second visa and never picked an apple or melon.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Good enough for them
    +1 Don't let the Departure Door hit you on the way out.

Are you the types who rat out illegals for the 500 dollar reward? Fcuk me, we are in the middle of a recession and you are downing Irish people who are trying their best to stay out of that hellhole? By something as harmless as lying that they spent 3 months on farms, many of which are little more than slave labour camps? Disgusting tbh. I got mine by labouring in the country for 3 months, but fcuk farm work. It is slavery.

Mind you, the fact that the DIAC reckons only 4000 of the 20,000 who came are on a 2nd year would seem to indicate they are as disorganised as many assume. Come on like, I can count on one hand the amt of Irish I know who returned within a year, at least 80% plus go for the 2nd year visa. Dont know why they just dont allow us in under an annually renewable unskilled work permit type scheme, it isnt as if there are any Aussies jobless because of the presence of Irish here.

shane86 wrote: »
    Are you the types who rat out illegals for the 500 dollar reward?
    Thanks I didnt know that , good revenue stream there cheers.
    Fcuk me, we are in the middle of a recession and you are downing Irish people who are trying their best to stay out of that hellhole?
    Ireland is not a hell hole get a grip on yourself.
    By something as harmless as lying that they spent 3 months on farms, many of which are little more than slave labour camps?
    No-one is forced into them
    Disgusting tbh. I got mine by labouring in the country for 3 months, but fcuk farm work. It is slavery.
    Yes and some other chancer just lied
    Mind you, the fact that the DIAC reckons only 4000 of the 20,000 who came are on a 2nd year would seem to indicate they are as disorganised as many assume. Come on like, I can count on one hand the amt of Irish I know who returned within a year, at least 80% plus go for the 2nd year visa. Dont know why they just dont allow us in under an annually renewable unskilled work permit type scheme, it isnt as if there are any Aussies jobless because of the presence of Irish here.

Yes mate and you realise every time you broadcast this online it brings the spotlight down on each 2nd WHV application. You are not even pocketing 500 dollars and you are rating out all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

spadder wrote: »

Classic...

If i had known about the 500 redneck tokens (aus$) i could have tried to scooped $5000, rat or not if someone should not be there f%*k them out and ban them for 5 years, remember trash comes in all forms, i had to go through all the right channels to get Irish citizenship, if its good enough for me and its good enough for the millions of people who emigrate world wide each year it sure as hell is good enough for the backdoor scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Fcuk me, we are in the middle of a recession and you are downing Irish people who are trying their best to stay out of that hellhole?

Would you listen to yourself? You'd swear that Ireland was the new Somalia. You seem to be totally missing the point of the WHV. It's there to benefit Australia as much as the Irish. And if the Australian government say if you want to stay a second year, you need to go and do some regional work than so be it. People are aware of the rules and if they aren't, don't expect much sympathy when it goes wrong. As mentioned earlier, it gives other Irish in Australia the reputation as a bunch of chancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Are you the types who rat out illegals for the 500 dollar reward? Fcuk me, we are in the middle of a recession and you are downing Irish people who are trying their best to stay out of that hellhole?
    Pathetic, you are making yourself out to be the equivalent of the boat people from Indonesia.

Maybe you should have a look at the UNs worlds most liveable country index:

http://www.infoplease.com/world/statistics/mostlivable-leastlivable-countries-2007.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

CiaranC wrote: »
    Pathetic, you are making yourself out to be the equivalent of the boat people from Indonesia.

Maybe you should have a look at the UNs worlds most liveable country index:

http://www.infoplease.com/world/statistics/mostlivable-leastlivable-countries-2007.html

Situation has slightly changed since 2007, no?

hang on a mo here, is some randon cvnt tryin to defend the Illegals????????

in fairness it dosent take all that much effort to be allowed live here, a 457 is 500 oddd quid every four years, if ya cant save that Fvck off,

Its not all that difficult if yer white ans Irish/European to find a job and live here

should you wish to spend yer second year on the Piss in bondi, we's dont raelly want ya

eh? hows do I get $500 for rattin lads out???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Ah, I know a Scottish gal who was denied her 2nd year WHV because the farmer she worked for came up in a few Irish and English WHV fraudulent applications. She had done 10 weeks (2 weeks short of the 3 months) but the farmer signed her off. But as the other employment dates on other people were so dodge, she was denied and was given has 20 days to leave Aus. Shame. She did more than most fraudsters!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Are you the types who rat out illegals for the 500 dollar reward? Fcuk me, we are in the middle of a recession and you are downing Irish people who are trying their best to stay out of that hellhole? By something as harmless as lying that they spent 3 months on farms, many of which are little more than slave labour camps? Disgusting tbh. I got mine by labouring in the country for 3 months, but fcuk farm work.
    No one here claimed to have ratted out illegals .. so please don't put that accusation out there.
    It is a lot easier to actually work on a farm for 3months, no one can complain that their bribe fell through. If you want to extend their visa, then work for it!
    That is what I and a lot of other people did.
    If Ireland is such a hole, then all you have to do is work 13weeks either on a farm. To me that is a pretty good option to have, if people are too lazy to work for their reward and want the easy way out then they can have no complaints that they have been kicked out.
    It is slavery.
    wow :rolleyes:

have you got any statistics to back up your claims? or you picking them out of thin air. 80% plus - wow, you really are dreaming.
    You claim, because you talk to a few irish people that you are correct and the computer who processes the visas is wrong?

facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

myhorse wrote: »
    So what website was it?
    The fraud became so widespread last year that Irish people were openly discussing it online. One poster to an Irish website wrote: “You can submit these [business details] with false dates etc and hope for the best that no one follows them up and checks. I’ve run into a few people now that have their second visa and never picked an apple or melon.”

It against our charter to discuss illegal ways to enter Australia, but there are certain posters who don't get that.

It is something I am going to be much more on to from now on, after a recent spate of threads. So threads will be deleted on sight and posters banned.

Shane86, what's with the melodrama? I think calling fruit picking slavery when you get paid for it and get to stay in Aus because of it is a bit extreme, as is calling Ireland a hellhole. Have you not seen the news in the past two days? There's 50,000 people in Haiti dead and mostly because of shoddy building regulations. Get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

myhorse wrote: »
    So what website was it?

peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139480

cabbages!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Yes mate and you realise every time you broadcast this online it brings the spotlight down on each 2nd WHV application. You are not even pocketing 500 dollars and you are rating out all of them.

What I said was that seeing as nearly every Irish person I meet here is already on their 2nd year visa,or intending to get one, the government doesnt seem to have accurate figures on how many they have issued.

watna wrote: »
    I think calling fruit picking slavery when you get paid for it and get to stay in Aus because of it is a bit extreme, as is calling Ireland a hellhole. .

I got paid 6 dollars for 6 hours in a field one day (they had so many people working such a small space it was impossible to pick any reasonable amount of fruit). I didnt get paid at all for another days work done (worth about 80, I was out of the area and to fight the case would have been more trouble than it was worth).

in fairness it dosent take all that much effort to be allowed live here, a 457 is 500 oddd quid every four years, if ya cant save that Fvck off,

Yes, if you were lucky enough in school to have been directed towards an apprenticeship rather than a pointless generic college course. It takes an awesome stroke of luck for an unskilled worker to get a sponsorship. My biggest regret in life is listening to anyone who told me to go to college, should have got a trade.

Really, I have to wonder whether all you serves-them-right crowd actually express these opinions publicly to other Irish here.

• Advertisement

Shane have you ever gone though the process it takes to live here?

The process and the preceeding years it takes to build the skills are hard very hard. Where being Irish counts for nothing but it counts higher than coming from a high risk country.

If the Irish applicants begin to forge documents and chance their arm Ireland is ranked high risk and a standard visa app could stretch to 3 years.

You say Ireland is in the dark ages maybe its the attitudes that leave it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Regulator79

Shane,

Im pretty much with you on this.

Perhaps those most vehemently critical of the visa fraudsters would like to disclose whether they did their three months on the farm?

With regard to the 457, its not as simple as shelling out 500 bucks. You have to have an employer, under fairly onerous obligations if something goes wrong, sponsor you.

Ireland may not be a hell hole but comparisons to Haiti or sub Saharan Africa are facile.

Unemployment in Ireland is approaching 13%. Youth unemployment is double that. The country is hurrtling towards sovereign default. Its in about as bad shape as any developed country ca be in so calling it a "hell hole" is not that far wide of the mark.

In light of same, I have some sympathy for people doing everything in their power ot avoid going back with scarcely any chance of making a living.

In light of same, I have some sympathy for people doing everything in their power ot avoid going back with scarcely any chance of making a living.

Its the same as sticking your head in the sand for a another year.

Tell me how a 2nd year in Oz fixes the situation you describe above.

Its the same as sticking your head in the sand for a another year.

Tell me how a 2nd year in Oz fixes the situation you describe above.

In some cases it wont, in other it will. People could meet and marry Aussies get sponsored by an employer. Or merely, enjoy another year in Australia and away from an Irish dole queue. Whats wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Bloody sweat and tears to get my second visa , working in mango and banana farms. Good enough for anyone that does this.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If the Irish applicants begin to forge documents and chance their arm Ireland is ranked high risk and a standard visa app could stretch to 3 years.

This is what will happen.

I shouldn't really care. I did my two year stint, my 3 month farm work. But I'd be afraid I couldn't emigrate there after my degree. Yeah, the work was a b!tch and it sometimes felt a bit like slavery but myself and the bf made sure we got a farm which paid a decent wage. Harvestline tells you where to go and for how much you'll get. It's up to you to research these things.

And to be honest its always the same Bondi bunch who were doing these scams.

Sarge wrote: »
    Bloody sweat and tears to get my second visa , working in mango and banana farms. Good enough for anyone that does this.

Youre right. I have no problem with people being deported when caught. Equally, I dont have much problem with people attempting the fraud. Ultimately, all they are trying to do is stay living and working in Australia for another year. Its hardly the crime of the century. The Australians get a great deal more out of the WHV than anyone who takes it up.

Sarge wrote: »

Bananas *shudder*

In some cases it wont, in other it will. People could meet and marry Aussies get sponsored by an employer. Or merely, enjoy another year in Australia and away from an Irish dole queue. Whats wrong with that?

Shane has already stated it takes an awesome bit of luck for an unskilled worker to be sponsored.

Meeting and marrying Aussies is up there with winning the lotto as a plan for the future. It could happen but is best not planned on.

There is nothing wrong with spending a second year in Australia if you

1: Go and fill the fairly simple requirements to do so. It may be hard but that is why the incentive is there.

2: Aknowledge the fact that while you are swanning around in Oz, in ireland things are getting harder and you are avoiding facing this.

• Advertisement

I don't think people realise you can go work in a petrol station out near Ayers Rock and its considered rural work. If it's hard work people are afraid of.

I didn't know... but jaysus I wish I had known....

Advertisement