Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Deporting Irish for Visa Fraud

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Because others pay the price for their actions. It makes the Irish look like a bunch of chancers who see rules as things to be broken. End of.

Before you posted that maybe a little bit of research would have come in handy.
    It is very well known that folks from the far east have been wrecking the Oz system for many a year. - - Going down the defacto route - - then sponsoring their whole family to join them! - - - Have the Irish done that - - - - NO.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Not Sure but there is plenty of begrudgers on these boards....

I once heard Gerry Ryan say that Ireland is full of begrudgers .... He was talking in reference about some Irish celebrity getting sucked into a fight in a Dublin nightclub...... there is always some gouger's out to shake you down when you have a made something of yourself..... Pathetic

I agree with a previous poster that an increased use of fraudulent documentation by Irish people would make Ireland be declared a High Risk Category by DIAC..... In effect they would be reducing Irelands applicants (God forbid) to the same level as those applicants from Sub-Continent countries.

Most High risk countries are not allowed WHV because they would abuse the system.

I agree, the problem there though is that they use other routes, which then enables them to bring all their relatives with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Not Sure but there is plenty of begrudgers on these boards....
    Not sure what you mean? begrudge the Aussie 12 for not getting away with cheating?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

So because someone else breaks the rules it should be OK for you to??

Fvckit why bother with an Immigration department at all, lets just have a freeforall.

Anyway, this thread is gettin a bit Heated, but it has given me an idea for an infinitley more useful thread.

Beachband wrote: »
    It is very well known that folks from the far east have been wrecking the Oz system for many a year. - - Going down the defacto route - - then sponsoring their whole family to join them! - - - Have the Irish done that - - - - NO.
    Please tell me how you can sponsor your whole family to come out to Australia? I would be really interested to hear that?? Whole family? Even a link to how to too? I eagerly await that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

shane86 wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh? Have you actually ever met any Aussies? The reason 5.9% of NSW people are unemployed is, simply, they cant be arsed. They stay with their parents and live off the dole. Sweet life to bake in the sun all day and get paid for it while we break our balls to pay the rent. Pathetic to be honest.

Says it all really :rolleyes: And we need to be thrown out?

Im thinking you need to calm down there big fella, your almost getting hysterical, fraud is fraud, weather it be a paddy putting down a fake ABN in australia or an eastern european claiming unemployment, child benefits (or anyone of the other unknown number of scams im unaware of) when they dont even live in the state.

Mate i think the point people are trying to make is there is a system you have to follow, the vast majority of decent honest people go by the system, im sure its not easy but if you want something it never is, that is just a fact of life.

Besides i found it easy enough to get a full time job as a decorator over here, so even with unemployment at 13% (i think) there is still work back in ireland if you want it, just that with the dole being so good its to easy to "stay with their parents and live off the dole. Sweet life to (freeze your hairy ones off) and get paid for it while (everyone else) breaks their balls to pay the rent. Pathetic to be honest."

m@cc@ wrote: »
    It amazes me, the hypocrisy of people as well. You'd hear widespread condemnation of Eastern Europeans coming over to Ireland and faking work documents/qualifications in order to get jobs here. But put the shoe on the other foot and anything is fair game? BS!

A little story....A couple of years ago an eastern european was getting on a bus, she had her child in a pram with her - - the bus was full - - she took out the child and left the pram by the side of the road and got on the bus....WHY? - Cos she said I can get another new pram from welfare the next day.

Its Australia who wanted the Irish and other countries back in the sixties - to populate its land. - There is still more Oz land uninhabited to fill many Irelands times over into. - No comparison.

Its Australia who wanted the Irish and other countries back in the sixties - to populate its land. - There is still more Oz land uninhabited to fill many Irelands times over into. - No comparison.

and these 12 clowns were certainly not the people to do it. they couldnt even manage to get 3 months regional work!
    still not their fault maybe the backpackers notice boards didnt have the jobs advertised and ready and waiting for them. Poor dears. Suuure jaysus how would ya find work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

- There is still more Oz land uninhabited to fill many Irelands times over into. - No comparison.

How much of it is habitable?, there is a whole lot of nothing out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Northern man

I think we, the people of Ireland, should worry about our own back yard. You just have to look at the way England is turning out to see the bunch of scroungers that are infiltrating there. My friend got into a taxi last week in Belfast, and this Muslim driver asked him how we kept this place secret for so long. He says the people here are so friendly that he is sending for his family to come over. We may all start learning the Indian language now, to save any bother later. As for Australia. I remember the time you could have been Fred West or Doctor Shipman and they'ed have still welcomed you with open arms.
    Northern man.

• Advertisement

A little story....A couple of years ago an eastern european was getting on a bus, she had her child in a pram with her - - the bus was full - - she took out the child and left the pram by the side of the road and got on the bus....WHY? - Cos she said I can get another new pram from welfare the next day.
    </Thread> Jaysus we heed Pa Hagars Facepalm Smiley here.
    its not the Sixties tho mate and I think you will find that they do still want people to come over and live here, just that they expect these people to obey the Rules.

As for Australia. I remember the time you could have been Fred West or Doctor Shipman and they'ed have still welcomed you with open arms.

Well Fred West was a Tradie and Shipman an MD, so they would have qualified on the points ;):D:D

myhorse wrote: »
    Please tell me how you can sponsor your whole family to come out to Australia? I would be really interested to hear that?? Whole family? Even a link to how to too? I eagerly await that

Its quite simple really, a couple go to Oz - become citizens - then sponsor a relative - that relative gets defacto visa - another sponsor happens from that - the chain continues.
    The end goal is to get all the family away from the Country they are in e.g India etc.

The Aussie wrote: »
    How much of it is habitable?, there is a whole lot of nothing out there.
    Every Country has a whole lot of nothing to begin with.
    You do what any other Country do - increase housing quota - create new borders.
    Isn't that how you fill out land.

Its quite simple really, a couple go to Oz - become citizens - then sponsor a relative - that relative gets defacto visa - another sponsor happens from that - the chain continues.
    The end goal is to get all the family away from the Country they are in e.g India etc.
    a slight problem there- couple come to Oz -ok - lets say years ago so two years to citizenship - they sponsor a relo and have to provide and show they can provide for them - that person is on temp visa and cant sponsor or bring anyone over on defacto for 4 years I believe. If they are sponsored and GO for a de facto its still the same. Also I fail to see how they bring over the whole family unless DIAC allow incestious de facto now adays?

people get confused with an old rule for people on humanaterian visas where they could apply under the family reunion to bring direct family out - but that stopped in the 80's.

its a myth you can bring the whole family over (they have to have their own visa)

</Thread> Jaysus we heed Pa Hagars Facepalm Smiley here.

its not the Sixties tho mate and I think you will find that they do still want people to come over and live here, just that they expect these people to obey the Rules.

Ya for sure, maybe a WHV amendment is needed, cos obviously from what I gather is that Aussies are to blame for allot of this WHV fraud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

shane86 wrote: »
    As for the Christmas crowd I know of three through mates who got refused, which makes me surprised there was only 12 in total pulled in. Awful stuff.

:mad: Are you for real, awful stuff my eye. They scammed the system over here and they were deported and rightly so, ill tell you what the awful stuff is, its the people who sweat and work in rural areas for there second year visas and then see some scam artist idiot who didnt break a sweat and spend there time drinking with others in Bondi. Hope the people who got deported have a nice flight home:D, scam artists.

a slight problem there- couple come to Oz -ok - lets say years ago so two years to citizenship - they sponsor a relo and have to provide and show they can provide for them - that person is on temp visa and cant sponsor or bring anyone over on defacto for 4 years I believe. If they are sponsored and GO for a de facto its still the same. Also I fail to see how they bring over the whole family unless DIAC allow incestious de facto now adays?

people get confused with an old rule for people on humanaterian visas where they could apply under the family reunion to bring direct family out - but that stopped in the 80's.

its a myth you can bring the whole family over (they have to have their own visa)

Incorrect info there. Do a bit of research and it will become clear how they do it.
    There are many many other expat forums who discuss this very topic.

Incorrect info there. Do a bit of research and it will become clear how they do it.
    There are many many other expat forums who discuss this very topic.

yeah yeah but usually its all "I know someone who" or "a friend knows some one who" its just not possible. DIAC have controls in place just for this exact type of thing they are not mugs. A family may well all end up in Australia but not by that route. then the rumours start "oh they all sponsored each other/married etc" without knowing the actual truth. tell you what pop over to BE and ask George L/Alan C or jaj can it be done - see what they say - and then you will know the actual truth behind the myth

yeah yeah but usually its all "I know someone who" or "a friend knows some one who" its just not possible. DIAC have controls in place just for this exact type of thing. A family may well all end up in Australia but not by that route. tell you what pop over to BE and ask George L or jaj can it be done - see what they say - and then you will know

I lived in both Countries.

• Advertisement

I lived in both Countries.
    So what? I am a citizen of both countries. Does that mean mines bigger than yours ?

<have to pop out for a few hours hopefully this thread will still be open!>

Ya for sure, maybe a WHV amendment is needed, cos obviously from what I gather is that Aussies are to blame for allot of this WHV fraud.

WTF :confused:

Seriously like I've read and re read this sentence but to no avail, it does not compute, what are you trying to say here????????

WTF :confused:

Seriously like I've read and re read this sentence but to no avail, it does not compute, what are you trying to say here????????

Did the Aussie farmers take bribes??????? Obviously!! Who is to blame then....Aussies!!!

So what? I am a citizen of both countries. Does that mean mines bigger than yours ?

<have to pop out for a few hours hopefully this thread will still be open!>

Surely you should know how it happens then!

I think you will find that in a lot (not all) cases the Aussie farmer had no idea that these people were using his details fraudulantly.

one 'eejit' would actually go out and do the work and the 5 'CleverFellas' would fill in the same details on their application, without havin to do anything like Actually get off their arse and See a bit more of the county than Bondi and the Cross

I think you will find that in a lot (not all) cases the Aussie farmer had no idea that these people were using his details fraudulantly.

one 'eejit' would actually go out and do the work and the 5 'CleverFellas' would fill in the same details on their application, without havin to do anything like Actually get off their arse and See a bit more of the county than Bondi and the Cross

So the farmer don't take free cash for signing a form?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Really its the lads own fault for trying to scam their way to another visa.. Just because you would get away with it in ireland..

Would love to see the people that are supporting them go over to the AH forum and stick up your support for the Nigerian woman who was caught to be using false documents to stay in ireland..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

You haven't really countered my point there. 'I saw someone else do it' is no defence in any court in any land.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

God help us ive never been to Bondi and when i go on a 2 week trip to sydney in a few months im gonna do my best to avoid all Irish pubs, altought i do like my Guinness:o.
    Im lucky where im living at the moment, i think ive only met 7 Irish people in the last few months and there were the same as myself all travelling on there own and not in one big loud group with Gaa jerseys on:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Im lucky where im living at the moment, i think ive only met 7 Irish people in the last few months and there were the same as myself all travelling on there own and not in one big loud group with Gaa jerseys on:D.

Are you still in Hobart?

Advertisement