Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Deporting Irish for Visa Fraud

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

shane86 wrote: »
    You should be ashamed of yourself.

As for gleefulness about them getting banned from the US/ Canada, afaik you only get a black mark on your passport if you are deported at the expense of the country that threw you out, if you can pay your own flight you are grand.

Bet you are fairly upset about that one, those crafty Irish should be serving life for what they did :rolleyes: Disgusting attitude.

As for the Christmas crowd I know of three through mates who got refused, which makes me surprised there was only 12 in total pulled in. Awful stuff.

Unfortunately Shane this is the Irish mentality...

I recently have left Ireland to come to Australia and mainly the reason Irish people are paying off farmers here is the because of the fear of going home....the fear of god is being struck into them at the thought of going home as if half their home town shops are boarded up etc!!

Anyway Shane, this "person" responding here although he has point in what he is saying is obviously a bitter, upset individual who begrudges anyone trying to better themselves staying out of Ireland... wonder what he thinks of his relations/family friends who done the same in the USA or Canada all them years ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Diddler82 wrote: »

I recently have left Ireland to come to Australia and mainly the reason Irish people are paying off farmers here is the because of the fear of going home....the fear of god is being struck into them at the thought of going home as if half their home town shops are boarded up etc!!

Anyway Shane, this "person" responding here although he has point in what he is saying is obviously a bitter, upset individual who begrudges anyone trying to better themselves staying out of Ireland... wonder what he thinks of his relations/family friends who done the same in the USA or Canada all them years ago....

My heart bleeds :rolleyes:

Your comparison with the famine times is laughable. The fact is that these boyos are illegally staying in the country. How people can even begin to condone such behaviour is beyond me given the possible repurcussions for those legitimate people out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Beachband wrote: »
    Did you read properly my posts on this??
    I have never said it is ok to do this.

sorry thought you did

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

So you think its still a myth then myhorse?
    It would be nice if people who post on here to at least try and make accurate remarks, not smart uninformed ones.

Yes and thanks for proving me correct. Poster one is referring to Aged Parent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 804). Where balance of family are in Australia. I believe poster two is as well. Guess what? the applicant has to meet health, character and all the other requirements - so if they fail them they cant get in regardless if they have 1000 million relatives in Australia. So you cant just "get the family in".
    As I clearly said its a myth you can bring the whole family over (they have to have their own visa)
    Do you see the part where I clearly said "they have to have their own visa??
    Do you think people can just phone up diac and say the families coming over give me the visa now? Cant, doesnt, wont happen.
    Please give any number of examples and I will post the actual visa type that they need and continue to prove what I said - its a myth you can bring the whole family over (they have to have their own visa) .

edit - to simplify - every visa is in affect and individual visa whereby the applicant has to meet requirements regardless of sponsorship/de facto/ etc etc. So if a family of three apply and the father is a brain surgeon, the mother a nobel prize winner and the child has an illness that fails the health requirements a visa will not be granted. If an indian or asian or irish family with aus pr/citizenship want to sponsor family members the family members have to meet the requirements or else they do not get a visa. if an irish person wants a second yr whv they have to meet the requirements, 3 months regional, or else they dont get the visa. If a family want to bring the parents over again the parent(s) have to meet the requirements or no visa. see where I am going? There is no visa with out an application with requirements to be met. EOS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭je suis awesome

A little story....A couple of years ago an eastern european was getting on a bus, she had her child in a pram with her - - the bus was full - - she took out the child and left the pram by the side of the road and got on the bus....WHY? - Cos she said I can get another new pram from welfare the next day.

Its Australia who wanted the Irish and other countries back in the sixties - to populate its land. - There is still more Oz land uninhabited to fill many Irelands times over into. - No comparison.

sorry buddy, but ireland has the lowest population density in all of europe, or definetly one of the lowest.

second, your goverment, the irish goverment opened the borders to poland, and wanted workers to come to your country sorry but your double standards won't cut it. actually its pretty much the exact same thing.

also ireland get the **** out of the eu if your not happy with free movement. you could have blocked access in 2004 but in reality your still just a british outpost. when they opened their borders you followed suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

sorry buddy, but ireland has the lowest population density in all of europe, or definetly one of the lowest.

second, your goverment, the irish goverment opened the borders to poland, and wanted workers to come to your country sorry but your double standards won't cut it. actually its pretty much the exact same thing.

also ireland get the **** out of the eu if your not happy with free movement. you could have blocked access in 2004 but in reality your still just a british outpost. when they opened their borders you followed suit.

Area wise, Australia is the 6th largest country in the world, but its population density is one of the lowest in the whole world. Also Western Australia alone is about the same size as the whole of Western Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Well then work for it! If you want something in life, work for it.
    if people have the fear of god about going home, then surely it is not too much to ask to actually go out and work on a construction site or rural work for 3months?

when people think rural work, they assume fruit picking, but this is not actually the case, plenty of other options out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

By the way, very informed attitude mate! Will get ya everywhere in the life!

Thanks, its gotten me everywhere ive needed to go in life, not to bad for a poor old painter and decorator who was far better at sports than school in a almost forrest gump like fashion.

Anywho, stating the size of a country does not mean you can live in it, Australia can hardly find enough water for the amount of people who are there now without adding mass emigration, until that problem is sorted at least the dream of yours about urban sprawl is in the can. Besides your point about population density is highly flawed. Like i can state the size of Antarctia is 5.5 million sq miles (during summer) makes it twice the size of Australia so saying you can fit the whole of europe in it easily still does not deter from the fact it does not mean you can live in it, just like vast areas of Australia, looking forward to your next pearl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Area wise, Australia is the 6th largest country in the world, but its population density is one of the lowest in the whole world.

And why do you think that is? Why aren't they flocking in their droves to the Northern Territory? Could be something to do with the fact that the majority of Australias landmass is arid/semi arid (18% alone of it is desert)? It's interesting how you advise others to try to make informed accurate remarks and leave out one of the most important facts of all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

hussey wrote: »
    Well then work for it! If you want something in life, work for it.
    if people have the fear of god about going home, then surely it is not too much to ask to actually go out and work on a construction site or rural work for 3months?

when people think rural work, they assume fruit picking, but this is not actually the case, plenty of other options out there

Aww Hussey who are youm fooling half the Irish people here on whv dont want to go outside Melbourne or Sydney or there little Gaa jersey wearing circle, you see they all the smart guys who think they know it all and how they can con the system just because they know someone from there next parish back home, they seem to think this is London or new york in the 80's early 90's where it was a case of begorh we build the place, a lot of them should never be allowed to travel outside Ireland because they bring they little Parish crap with them, and they think they are a bonus to Aus:D, yeah get out of Bondi or wherever and make a go of it if you want but dont get stuck it the crap of the Irish expat community abroad because most of the older Irish here in Aus/Canada/Usa want nothing to do with a gang of loud mouhted ignorant Gaa wearing Idiots who are better off back home because they will never let go of the ouold parish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Aww Hussey who are youm fooling half the Irish people here on whv dont want to go outside Melbourne or Sydney or there little Gaa jersey wearing circle, you see they all the smart guys who think they know it all and how they can con the system just because they know someone from there next parish back home, they seem to think this is London or new york in the 80's early 90's where it was a case of begorh we build the place, a lot of them should never be allowed to travel outside Ireland because they bring they little Parish crap with them, and they think they are a bonus to Aus:D, yeah get out of Bondi or wherever and make a go of it if you want but dont get stuck it the crap of the Irish expat community abroad because most of the older Irish here in Aus/Canada/Usa want nothing to do with a gang of loud mouhted ignorant Gaa wearing Idiots who are better off back home because they will never let go of the ouold parish.

God will you ever SHUT UP!

That has to be the biggest rant I've heard in ages, so you have a job in a roadhouse in the arse end of nowhere and you enjoy the life of a hermit in the bush - GREAT! NEWSFLASH - you are in the minority as that isnt what most people think of when they envision a better life abroad in Australia , sounds ****ing depressing to be honest, but sure enjoy downing your Guinness on your own - fair play to you, if thats what youre into fine (weird, but fine) as I'm not about to start begrudging you your choice of direction over there.

I hated Bondi and never lived there, nor have I ever in my life worn a GAA jersey, but to hear some of you goin on like grannies on the adrian kennedy show in this forum is laughable "ohhh whats to be done with these irish drinking in sydney", "ohh no theyre enjoying backpacking and making a holiday of working HOLIDAY visa", "wont somebody think of the children!" etc etc
    What next - do you propose close Fraser Island and whitsundays trips for irish, ban trips up the East Coast for all, put them all to work in the mines?? :rolleyes:

Some of you seem to forget the vast amount of revenue these people are bringing into Australia, we're talking in millions here if not billions - What is it you need to get into the country these days, 5k is it? I'm hard pushed to think of a WHV'er I knew that came home with money, more often then then not they come home with vast creditcard debt from what they spent over there, and thats ignoring the money they earned there and spent again in the country - This money must be a MASSIVE boost to the Australia's GDP the way the world economy is at the moment..

Anyway i've veered well off topic here, but my point is some of you here really need to GET OVER YOURSELVES - you are no better than anyone else over there.

On the original topic anyway, this is no ones fault but that of the Oz government. How in this day and age a country simply throws out visa's to all and sundry without even the most cursory of checks (ie: picking up a telephone and calling the farmer, or checking what tax was paid, anything.. a child could do it) I will never understand.
    And they are actually surprised some people got through the cracks? Or should I say giant gaping holes in a 'lets check 1 in 10 system'... give me a break.

Yeah, what you have there a good old cause and effect but unfortunately, it doesn't cut it. It's the equivalent of implying a banker only commits fraud because he doesn't have enough money to a mansion. If he wants a mansion he should work for it. Fraud is fraud no matter what spin you try and put on it.

nm wrote: »
    On the original topic anyway, this is no ones fault but that of the Oz government. How in this day and age a country simply throws out visa's to all and sundry without even the most cursory of checks (ie: picking up a telephone and calling the farmer, or checking what tax was paid, anything.. a child could do it) I will never understand.
    And they are actually surprised some people got through the cracks? Or should I say giant gaping holes in a 'lets check 1 in 10 system'... give me a break.

Em.....they are checking. See thread title. And again, you're trying to absolve people from commiting fraud. If a shopkeeper forgets to lock his store, do you go in and rob it?

That has to be the biggest rant I've heard in ages, so you have a job in a roadhouse in the arse end of nowhere and you enjoy the life of a hermit in the bush - GREAT! NEWSFLASH - you are in the minority as that isnt what most people think of when they envision a better life abroad in Australia , sounds ****ing depressing to be honest, but sure enjoy downing your Guinness on your own - fair play to you, if thats what youre into fine (weird, but fine) as I'm not about to start begrudging you your choice of direction over there.

I hated Bondi and never lived there, nor have I ever in my life worn a GAA jersey, but to hear some of you goin on like grannies on the adrian kennedy show in this forum is laughable "ohhh whats to be done with these irish drinking in sydney", "ohh no theyre enjoying backpacking and making a holiday of working HOLIDAY visa", "wont somebody think of the children!" etc etc
    What next - do you propose close Fraser Island and whitsundays trips for irish, ban trips up the East Coast for all, put them all to work in the mines?? :rolleyes:

Some of you seem to forget the vast amount of revenue these people are bringing into Australia, we're talking in millions here if not billions - What is it you need to get into the country these days, 5k is it? I'm hard pushed to think of a WHV'er I knew that came home with money, more often then then not they come home with vast creditcard debt from what they spent over there, and thats ignoring the money they earned there and spent again in the country - This money must be a MASSIVE boost to the Australia's GDP the way the world economy is at the moment..

Anyway i've veered well off topic here, but my point is some of you here really need to GET OVER YOURSELVES - you are no better than anyone else over there.

Oh back to the Irish pub with ya, you sound bitter, did one of your mates get caught out scamming the visa system, listen piss off back to Ireland if your one of those Idiots which you spound like who has nothing to give to Aus. Yes thats right im living in a roadhouse earing my keep and going about the lawful way to get my 2nd year visa, have you got a problem with that? sounds like you do. The less of the Irish like you the beter in Aus, giving the rest of the longer term Irish and people who want to make a better go of things the lawful way, yes you herad me:eek: the lawful way, working hard and doing things by the book to get by, its people like you who give other Irish people a bad image.

That has to be the biggest rant I've heard in ages, so you have a job in a roadhouse in the arse end of nowhere and you enjoy the life of a hermit in the bush - GREAT! NEWSFLASH - you are in the minority as that isnt what most people think of when they envision a better life abroad in Australia , sounds ****ing depressing to be honest, but sure enjoy downing your Guinness on your own - fair play to you, if thats what youre into fine (weird, but fine)o

:D God help us, listen buddy why dont you do us all a favour and go and hang out with your drinking pals in the local Irish pub, because by the looks of it you have only a couple of months left in Aus, dont forget to sing the ould rebel songs now, you and the likes of you will be back on the local dole lineup within months.

the older Irish here in Aus/Canada/Usa want nothing to do with a gang of loud mouhted ignorant Gaa wearing Idiots who are better off back home because they will never let go of the ouold parish.

Haha, you have bumped into them as well have you, i have some great conversations with them when they return, normally goes

Spanner: what are you Aussie or Kiwi (even though they just spent at least a year there)

Me: Aussie.

Spanner: Oh yeh, i just spent a year there.

Me: where did you go over there.

Spanner: Sydney then up the east cost for a month.

Me: Who did you travel with.

Spanner: friends from home (i.e same parish).

Me: only response is deep sigh and hand to face.

what a waste of a year and a great chance to experience a diverse culture an meet totally different people, anyway its something i will never fully comprehend, its the same as the Aussies and Kiwis who head to London, what a waste of a year.

The Aussie wrote: »
    Haha, you have bumped into them as well have you, i have some great conversations with them when they return, normally goes

Spanner: what are you Aussie or Kiwi (even though they just spent at least a year there)

Me: Aussie.

Spanner: Oh yeh, i just spent a year there.

Me: where did you go over there.

Spanner: Sydney then up the east cost for a month.

Me: Who did you travel with.

Spanner: friends from home (i.e same parish).

Me: only response is deep sigh and hand to face.

what a waste of a year and a great chance to experience a diverse culture an meet totally different people, anyway its something i will never fully comprehend, its the same as the Aussies and Kiwis who head to London, what a waste of a year.

Aww yeah its the same as the previous poster calling me a hermit because im working in the bush, not his scene he says:D, he even called it weired:eek:, what i would call weired is someone travelled 12,000 miles and only hanging out with Irish people and going to the nearest Irish pubs and to the big cities like sydney, melbourne and perth. Once you get outside these places and you meet Irish people, few and far between, you can be sure there not wearing a Gaa Jersey and they know what travelling is all about.
    The Aussie it really does regulate itself, you will find most of the parish boyos will never leave there comfort zone and god forbid they travel more than 1 mile without one of there mates:eek: the shock of meeting a aussie might well and truly kill them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

listen piss off back to Ireland if your one of those Idiots which you spound like who has nothing to give to Aus. Yes thats right im living in a roadhouse earing my keep and going about the lawful way to get my 2nd year visa, have you got a problem with that? sounds like you do. The less of the Irish like you the beter in Aus, giving the rest of the longer term Irish and people who want to make a better go of things the lawful way, yes you herad me:eek: the lawful way, working hard and doing things by the book to get by, its people like you who give other Irish people a bad image.

You seriously are a moron - first off I am back in Dublin and I have been back over a year, second off I am positive I saw and experienced a lot more of Australia in the 2 years I was there than you ever will (including FOUR months on Cleveland Farm in Mungindi - what, you dont know where that is??), not to mention Asia, NZ & South America - the difference between me and you is I am not a bitter or begrudging person with some sort of bizarre holier than thou attitude who thinks they are better than people holidaying the east coast because I'm spending my time alone in a roadhouse while theyre spending theirs in an irish bar having fun.
    <clipped the usual rubbish..> you and the likes of you will be back on the local dole lineup within months.

Cute, although very presumptuous. I assure you I have a job and its a lot better paid and more fulfilling than sitting in a roadhouse.
    m@cc@ wrote: »
    Em.....they are checking. See thread title. And again, you're trying to absolve people from commiting fraud. If a shopkeeper forgets to lock his store, do you go in and rob it?

No theyre not, they checked 12 people on re-entry to Australia coming back from Christmas holidays. Thats maybe than 1000th of the total 2nd WHV's there now I'd estimate. Less.
    m@cc@ wrote: »
    If a shopkeeper forgets to lock his store, do you go in and rob it?

Probably not, but if he did get robbed its his own fault for forgetting to lock the door. That's what locks are for.
    what i would call weired is someone travelled 12,000 miles and only hanging out with Irish people and going to the nearest Irish pubs and to the big cities like sydney, melbourne and perth. .

Agree. But what I'd find even weirder is some spanner sitting in a roadhouse somewhere with a massive chip on his shoulder that wont shut up about them.
    you sound bitter

HAHAHAHAHA :rolleyes:

spanner
    :

Hands off the spanner, thats my term of endearment for people who bore me to death with their travel stories, as if they are the only ones to ever have done it, Magellan or Captain Cook is another few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

I call them "world people", children of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Yes, I wonder why some of them leave home, a majority of the kiwis I know who are in London live with Kiwis, work with kiwis and hang out with kiwis. Anyone would think they were still living in Auckland or where ever they are from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Jesus I go off to work, return and its handbags at dawn around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

First off I agree that if people want to stay here for the 2nd year just do it by the law and do the three months. You know coming in you have to do it if you want to stay for a 2nd year and over 12 months can be well spaced out.

However, some people on here just sound like a proper bunch of c0cks "Oh, I'm better than you cos I didn't go to Bondi and sit on the beach with my GAA jersey on, I lived in the back arse of no-where, the "real" Australia" - do you know how pathetic you all sound?

If a guy/girl spends €1,000+ to get here and want to spend 12 months sitting on the beach then they are entitled to and you have no god damn right to look down on them. Personally I have stayed a couple of weeks in the bigger cities but much prefer the regional towns and am now living in a regional area in NSW.

But jaysus the way some of ye carry on is a disgrace, so ye all think ye are a better version of "Irish" than those who would rather stay in the company of the Irish out here??

Do you know what some of ye are like? The guy who went to America for the weekend and come back talking like a hood from the Bronx thinking they are a yank. There are people here in Australia for a few months/a year or two and are talking as "we" as in "we the Australian" - get over yourselves you shower of eejets.

People come to Oz they can do as they like as long as its within the law.

No theyre not, they checked 12 people on re-entry to Australia coming back from Christmas holidays. Thats maybe than 1000th of the total 2nd WHV's there now I'd estimate. Less.

That's not really the point. The point is that there are rules in place and if you're caught, you can have little complaints about being caught. 'Someone else got away with it' is not much of a defence to fraud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

JAAAAAAAAAAYSUS :eek: this one is gettin a little OT

Its nice to see another convert to the I <3 OZ camp JONJO :D

Why are people still trying to defend fraudsters?????? would ye be so forgiving of the Nigerians at home defrauding the state???

At the end of the day anyone who travels to Australia must first ask for permission, tehn later if they like it they can ask for permission to stay longer :) the terms are very fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

what a waste of a year and a great chance to experience a diverse culture an meet totally different people
    Where is this place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Maire2009 wrote: »
    However, some people on here just sound like a proper bunch of c0cks "Oh, I'm better than you cos I didn't go to Bondi and sit on the beach with my GAA jersey on, I lived in the back arse of no-where, the "real" Australia" - do you know how pathetic you all sound?

Agreed 100%. This Irish bars thing does my head in. Yeah, I would rather than spend an evening in an Irish bar listening to good live music and maybe getting tip off on some work going rather than spend it in a local 90% empty souless RSL listening to drunk old men moaning about the Lebs, Abos and Asians (apart from sport this is the extent of a great many Aussies conversation points)
    the only exception is the second generation Lebonese, but we should pay for their flights to the homeland for them and see what they think of Australia then.

EDIT- hadnt even noticed this quote until after I had said about the great Aussie obsession of racist ranting. Nail, head, etc....

Xavi6 wrote: »
    My heart bleeds :rolleyes:

Your comparison with the famine times is laughable. The fact is that these boyos are illegally staying in the country. How people can even begin to condone such behaviour is beyond me given the possible repurcussions for those legitimate people out there.

I seem to recall you have an Aussie passport. Did you actually ever work a farm? I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Yes thats right im living in a roadhouse earing my keep and going about the lawful way to get my 2nd year visa,

lol :) Working a petrol station is not counted on the list of jobs that counts towards your 2nd year visa FFS.

God forbid you wont have enough time to farm and end up lying on your application :p Would be pretty hilarious given your attitude here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

shane86 wrote: »
    lol :) Working a petrol station is not counted on the list of jobs that counts towards your 2nd year visa FFS.

God forbid you wont have enough time to farm and end up lying on your application :p Would be pretty hilarious given your attitude here.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/specified-work.htm#a

seems that Roadhouse is not on the list :( suggest ya get out and start diggin the Garden Lad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nzae86

there is only one thing worse than the loud mouth drunken gaa jeresy wearing irish, the irish who think they are better than that and look down there noses at em. you've one life live it whatever ****ing way you want you'll be dead soon enough if you want to spend 3 days a week in the cock and bull signing the fields of athenery fair enough if you want to live in birdsville fair enough!!

i often meet irish here and there is nothing better than letting em think in there head your illegal you;ve been here so long and let them start on bout how "australian" they've become and just when they make some smart comment tell em how i'm a australian citizen and worked hard to get it too.

i'm going out this afternoon and if i go to irish murphys or the story bridge does either of them make me a better person?? its one life live it whatever way you want,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

So what were the headlines for this news story? "Laws being enforced"? FFS, they're their illegally, they know it, no sympathy for them.

Advertisement