Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Deporting Irish for Visa Fraud

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

shane86 wrote: »
    If you even bothered reading my post Im already on a 2nd year legally obtained. The fact is many here have an issue with people desperate to avoid grim economic prospects back home lying to avoid undertaking exploitative borderline slavery on farms. All of whom will do nothing but contribute to the Aussie economy without taking anything from it.

I think we are all aware, I saw no point in repeating that fact. :p

My point is, to which you continue to gloss over, people should have enough cop on to do their research about dodgy employers- investigate prior to starting and if you find yourself in some supposed slave labour farm then you have the choice to move on. It clearly states you don't have to work for the one business in the 88 days, so why work for someone who pays you $6 a day!?! These employers know that people are in a fix and will come begging. So if you are bitter about the conditions, you only have yourself to blame for either leaving things to the last minute or not moving on when you realised things were crap. Once again- no point blaming people on this forum if you've had a bad experience. Get it now? ;)

Now sure, Shane86 you think that fudging some paperwork isn't that big a deal to get out of doing some hard work for **** pay, as the reason of avoiding circumstances in Ireland are a just cause. But those people are taking away a job from someone who deserves it legally (maybe not the ****ty paid farm job but the other one they get after that.) And who is that someone? It's possibly another immigrant who is trying their best to stay in Oz for whatever reason. They might be from a war torn country, without basic human rights, etc. (Yes, yes extreme dramatisation here for my argument!) Is it ok for them to fudge some immigration papers? Because you can't go saying that its ok for some whv to fudge their papers and for others not to. Where would one draw the line? So this has very little to do with the paper fudging WHV putting some strain on the Oz economy like you eluded to, this has more to do with who is socially accepted to fudge their papers and who isn't, and how this affects immigrants in the same boat as yourself missing out on jobs because someone went in throught the back door.

I'm done now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Pretty surprised at some of the comments that I have read here. I'm in Australia just 8 months now, and I am currently putting my application together for residency (sponsored). I left Ireland in June, just before my graduation from U.L as I knew there wasn't a hope in hell of me getting work. Having worked hard to get my degree, and applied for hundreds of jobs all over Ireland, even ones I had no interest in....and being told that there would only be about 10 hours a week for me in my part time job of 5 years in a bar, I made the decision to leave Ireland asap.

It wasn't an easy one, I had no savings - literally sold everything I had of value, worked double shifts for 3 weeks and got on a plane. Since landing, I have loved my life. I've landed a great job, have a great apartment and circle of friends (all nationalities) - work 6 days a week (7 this week) and am so much happier that I would have been at home. None of my friends who graduated with me have secured employment 8 months on.
    As a 22 year old trying so hard to start their career, I can't believe some of the negative responses and comments that I have read here. I'd like to know how many of the begrudgers faced this kind of hardship when they were trying to catch a break and get some work. I wish that I had had the chance to work in Ireland, save up and do a round the world ticket - however, it just wasn't a possibility for me - or many people the same age as me. I'm here for survival - I literally can't face returning home to no prospects. I just hope that in 4-5 years I can go home if the economy has recovered. Meanwhile....i am working my 6 day weeks, reaping the benefits, gaining experience in my industry that wasn't available to me at home, and loving my life in this beautiful country.

And believe me, anyone I have spoken to at home including my parents, friends the same age, and my former lecturers and employer have all said the same thing:
    "DO NOT COME HOME"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

amybabes wrote: »
    Pretty surprised at some of the comments that I have read here. I'm in Australia just 8 months now, and I am currently putting my application together for residency (sponsored). I left Ireland in June, just before my graduation from U.L as I knew there wasn't a hope in hell of me getting work. Having worked hard to get my degree, and applied for hundreds of jobs all over Ireland, even ones I had no interest in....and being told that there would only be about 10 hours a week for me in my part time job of 5 years in a bar, I made the decision to leave Ireland asap.

It wasn't an easy one, I had no savings - literally sold everything I had of value, worked double shifts for 3 weeks and got on a plane. Since landing, I have loved my life. I've landed a great job, have a great apartment and circle of friends (all nationalities) - work 6 days a week (7 this week) and am so much happier that I would have been at home. None of my friends who graduated with me have secured employment 8 months on.
    As a 22 year old trying so hard to start their career, I can't believe some of the negative responses and comments that I have read here. I'd like to know how many of the begrudgers faced this kind of hardship when they were trying to catch a break and get some work. I wish that I had had the chance to work in Ireland, save up and do a round the world ticket - however, it just wasn't a possibility for me - or many people the same age as me. I'm here for survival - I literally can't face returning home to no prospects. I just hope that in 4-5 years I can go home if the economy has recovered. Meanwhile....i am working my 6 day weeks, reaping the benefits, gaining experience in my industry that wasn't available to me at home, and loving my life in this beautiful country.

And believe me, anyone I have spoken to at home including my parents, friends the same age, and my former lecturers and employer have all said the same thing:
    "DO NOT COME HOME"

That's a great little story and all that but what's your point? You have done things by the book and are reaping the benefits.

Would you like Australia to make it harder for honest people like yourself to stay in the country because a minority group of cowboys aren't doing things by the book?

You may say we're begrudgers but I am sure you would be one of the first moaning if Australia closed its doors to Irish people because of them.

I am doing things by the book because I am lucky enough to have the opportunity , but I would 100% do whatever it took to stay here - even if it meant staying here illegally....and of all the Irish people I know here who got 2nd yr visas, 95% of them got them without doing the full amount of required farm work I also know people who are here illegally now, just like it was in America - can't go to the hospitals/police/can't fly or leave the country.....all because they desperately do not want to go home.

Everyone's situation is different. I just don't think people should be judged, alot of people need to get off their high horse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Damm had a big post writen out but got chewed up.

Anyway what I wrote was is that the new generation of Irish people now are whinny maoning want it all kids who dont want to work for anything or any goal.

If you fraud the state then expect to do the time! END OF!!

This country is more fcuked than I thought if this is the future leaders of our country and I am only 28!

Some of the posts written here are pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I am doing things by the book because I am lucky enough to have the opportunity , but I would 100% do whatever it took to stay here - even if it meant staying here illegally....and of all the Irish people I know here who got 2nd yr visas, 95% of them got them without doing the full amount of required farm work I also know people who are here illegally now, just like it was in America - can't go to the hospitals/police/can't fly or leave the country.....all because they desperately do not want to go home.

Everyone's situation is different. I just don't think people should be judged, alot of people need to get off their high horse

High horse? You have just stated you would stay in my country illegally if you could. Personally I take offense at that.

Jumpy wrote: »
    High horse? You have just stated you would stay in my country illegally if you could. Personally I take offense at that.

Correction - i implied that i would stay in australia illegally if i HAD TO, not if i could. personally i take offence at you misquoting me :rolleyes: Fortunately, I will be a permanent resident shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Correction - i implied that i would stay in australia illegally if i HAD TO, not if i could. personally i take offence at you misquoting me :rolleyes: Fortunately, I will be a permanent resident shortly.

Do you mean if forced? There is no "have to".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

i implied that i would stay in australia illegally if i HAD TO, not if i could

The same thing surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

m@cc@ wrote: »
    The same thing surely?

I was thinking the same thing. How would you have to? would someone have a gun to your head? You're saying that you would stay in Aus illegally if you couldn't get a visa - presumable the have to your referring to is that you didn't get to stay legally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

You don't have to stay there illegally, it's not worth the hassle breaking any countries immigration laws, they show no mercy.

Advertisement