Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Parcel Service of America

Options
  • 14-01-2010 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Morning All,

I hope Im posting in the correct section and I hope some one can please help me.
    I have a brother living in Canada and before Christmas he sent over a parcel of goodies to my daughter for Christmas...however, we never recieved the parcel. (He tells me Canadian post is awful in general!)
    He sent me a quick email last week to say that the parcel was returned to him as he thinks he got the address wrong.

However, this morning in my email inbox I recieve this email:

"Hello!

The courier company was not able to deliver your parcel by your address.
    Cause: Error in shipping address.

You may pickup the parcel at our post office personaly!

Please attention!
    The shipping label is attached to this e-mail.
    Please print this label to get this package at our post office.

Please do not reply to this e-mail, it is an unmonitored mailbox.

Thank you.
    United Parcel Service of America."

I cant seem to open the attachment to print off the shipping label as requested and when I log onto the UPS website and try to track the item with the tracking number they gave me , it tells me I have and incorrect tracking number???

Im wondering if its a scam, if it is, then its all to co-incedental for my liking!!

How do I find out where to collect my parcel if it is real or can anyone shed some light or give some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Looks like a variant of this ... http://www.hoax-slayer.com/ups-malware.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

There has been a huge increase in this lately. I got about four emails from Fedex, UPSPS claiming to have my "lost parcel".
    On the ones I received there was an attachment with an executable file inside.
    Needless to say it contained malware.
    He sent me a quick email last week to say that the parcel was returned to him as he thinks he got the address wrong.

If it was returned to him how could it be at the post office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Orlaithc9

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your brother has received the parcel back. Therefore it can't be waiting for you to pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

and how would they have your email address anyway? not something you would normally put on the outside of a parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This is a run of the mill email scam, Ive had many variations of it. Its purely coincidental with your own package mixup.

Advertisement