Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new train line to Limerick (Western Rail Corridor)

Options
  • 14-01-2010 10:26am

I came from the Commuting & Transport Western Rail Corridor thread and I've just had enough. There's so many campaigners there who're just there to say "No WRC" yet none of them live anywhere near where the line might serve, they're all just members of organised political advocacy groups . There's even a guy from Canada who posts there giving what he calls "facts". I tried to make the place frendlier to actual users of the line who might want to pose questions, but it's just reverted back to the "No WRC" campaigning that used to go on in the original thread.

Anyways, what I'd like to know, is there anyone here who's planning to take a train to Limerick when the line eventually opens? Is there anyone posting here who will benefit from having the rail option open?

Mods, you can delete this if you want, but I ask that this not be sent to C&T, because the rail advocacy posters would spam it with political-style campaigning.

Will you use the train to get to Limerick once it opens? 6 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It won't be open by the time I finish college here in Limerick but boy would it have made my life easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, I'd take the train to Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Mods, you can delete this if you want, but I ask that this not be sent to C&T, because the rail advocacy posters would spam it with political-style campaigning.

What's to stop them spamming it here? When is this rail line due to open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulh19

SeaSlacker wrote: »
    Anyways, what I'd like to know, is there anyone here who's planning to take a train to Limerick when the line eventually opens? Is there anyone posting here who will benefit from having the rail option open?

Yes. I would consider taking the train and a folding bike into Galway on occasion instead of driving if to do so would not make my overall commute to work greater than (say) 1 hour. I could choose either Ardrahan or Craughwell station.

And yes, I'd take the train to Limerick for shopping or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'm not inpressed at the decision not to link it to Shannon Airport,:confused: a logical extension linking the airport to 2 cities.I imagine it would be quite succcessful if it went to Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭flazio

galwayrush wrote: »
    I'm not inpressed at the decision not to link it to Shannon Airport,:confused: a logical extension linking the airport to 2 cities.I imagine it would be quite succcessful if it went to Shannon.

If someone were to run a shuttle bus from Ennis or Sixmilebridge out to the airport, that would probably be more cost effective then digging up more precious land and disrupting the motorway with bridge building to lay down tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's a thread in City too, no need for two if everyone can use that instead thx.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement