Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Galway

Options
  • 14-01-2010 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

My other half is organising a stags in Galway, of course i get drafted in and he does all the credit. He is looking for some things to get the group together. The only thing i can come up with is going to the dogs (whoopi). Paintball the nearest seems to be Limerick, and Go-Karting seems to be non-existant except for a kiddies track.

Anyone any suggestions please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Deep Sea Fishing. you get a great price and a 1/2 day at sea, visit Aran Islands, bbq the fish on the boat. picks up from the Docks.
    • Go Karting at Pallas, near Loughrea. biggest outdoor track in Europe (don't know if that's true though)
    • Boat trip to Aran Islands, cycle around
    • Afternoon at Pure Skill, indoor sports place where you can have a go at 10 different sports (google it)
    • If going to the dogs can get a good rate for sit down meal.
    • Shooting range
    • Clay pigeon shooting
    • Bowling if want something 'quieter' (I guess not)
    • check out what comedy is on

there's a lot of nice pubs in Galway (O connells on Eyre Square etc)
    For dinner Cactus Jacks is good for a group I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

there is a sticky at the top of the page, some good suggestions in there.

There is shooting down at the Glenlo Abbey. Real rifles are used. Its expensive and you need a party of at least seven, but its good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

mel123 wrote: »
    My other half is organising a stags in Galway, of course i get drafted in and he does all the credit. He is looking for some things to get the group together. The only thing i can come up with is going to the dogs (whoopi). Paintball the nearest seems to be Limerick, and Go-Karting seems to be non-existant except for a kiddies track.

Anyone any suggestions please??

Don't knock the dogs,it's a great night out, betting, beer and good food if you fancy a quality sit down meal for decent value. They're good at catering for groups aswell.

Galway Greyhound Stadium is also just a few mins walk from Eyre Square on College Rd.

http://www.galway.net/galwayguide/showyp.shtml?id=4116

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Indoor airsoft is brilliant fun, great stag activity...

http://www.g-tac.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32&Itemid=24

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ryue65

If you want help with good pubs in Galway http://www.galwaycitypubguide.com/pubs/

Upstairs at The Quays is good fun for late drinks with a live Band.
    Roisin Dubh good for more current music

• Advertisement
Advertisement