Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic on the roads this morning

• 14-01-2010 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭

I've never seen the traffic so bad on the ORR, which was backed up from before the Old Kilmeaden rd. roundabout at least as far the (old) Cork rd. roundabout. The old Kilmeaden rd. itself is/was very busy as well as the Carrickpherish rd. The only thing I can think of is that the new bridge is proving very popular and that it was/is closed for some reason. The fog makes matters worse of course.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If the bridge was closed then they should have advertised this fact before people got on the bypass. I imagine it was business as usual. I blame the fog myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

merlante wrote: »
    I've never seen the traffic so bad on the ORR, which was backed up from before the Old Kilmeaden rd. roundabout at least as far the (old) Cork rd. roundabout. The old Kilmeaden rd. itself is/was very busy as well as the Carrickpherish rd. The only thing I can think of is that the new bridge is proving very popular and that it was/is closed for some reason. The fog makes matters worse of course.

Any ideas?

I would imagine it is due to the Tramore road being closed from Superquinn to the ORR Junction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Dunmore Road was very slow moving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya i'd say a mix of schools back, fog and tramore road. If it helps I walked to work lovely this morning.

Advertisement