Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed - Snow plough hit my parked car!

• 14-01-2010 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,

Need some advice!
    Will keep it brief.
    On tuesday night there was blizzard like conditions in the sandyford area(where i live).On my way home from work i could only get so far in my car so parked outside the local garage (as did several other cars),the garage in question is Maxol in sandyford and is off the main road.
    Long story short while parked there overnight a snow plough clearing the road smashed into the side of my car.Leaving considerable damage.
    I found out from the garage what had happen and there are three witnesses to the incident.The snow plough drove straight off after hitting my car.
    I went straight to stepaside Garda station who advised me to contact Dun Laoighaire Rathdown cc directly. I contacted them and they didnt want to know.
    Has anybody had a similar experience and if so what advice can you give me?Do i go back to the Gardai,get a solicitor?
    Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Does the garage have CCTV footage that you could possibly get?

If you can say that to the council and see what they have to say. Otherwise you might have to tell them you are contacting a solictor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Get straight onto a solicitor...the council wont deal with you..yet....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭boris george

Thanks for the advice guys.

If you're comp I'd get onto the insurance, let them chase the cc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

friends car got hit by a DCC rubbish truck. she had one witness and had no problem with them paying out.

Firstly leaving the scene of an accident is a crime so the police cant just dimiss it.

try your own insurance, but i wouldnt be taking no from from DLRCOCO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

RoverJames wrote: »
    If you're comp I'd get onto the insurance, let them chase the cc.
    That would involve you making a claim on your insurance and the insurance company following through with the local authority to recoup their losses. In the meantime, your NCB is on hold. I would not opt for this avenue personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Solicitor would be my option. CC's are a pain to deal with at the best of times, so if your looking for money off them they'll be very hard work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

There's snow plows in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

donvito99 wrote: »
    There's snow plows in Ireland?

Gritters generally have a plough on the front to clear the road ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭boris george

UPDATE:
    DLRCC got back to me and have been very helpful.They have asked me to get a quote for the work required and will cover all costs.
    Thanks for all the above advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

UPDATE:
    DLRCC got back to me and have been very helpful.They have asked me to get a quote for the work required and will cover all costs.
    Thanks for all the above advice.

Lucky blighter.....so where are ye off to on holidays.....:P

Advertisement