Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board Games in Cork?

Options
  • 14-01-2010 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hello.
    Just wondering if there's any shop with board games (like Carcassone, Pillars of the Earth, Mr. Jack, etc.) in Cork area?
    Anyone, anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

A post on board games! Hooray!

Other Realms (upstairs in Paul Street shopping centre) has a few shelves dedicated to board games. I bought my copy of Carcasonne there last year! It stocks a variety of games from big ones like Descent, Starcraft and Twilight Imperium to games like Ticket to Ride, Trans-Europa and Settlers of Catan. The selection of games in there can vary, but sometimes it has got some cool stuff in there. They had a copy of Chaos in the Old World before Christmas, which at least shows they try to keep up with current releases.

I have heard that TK Maxx occasionally get a few board games in every now and again too, but I haven't seen this myself anytime I've checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I proposed a toys and board games forum a while back actually if you are interested in lending your support to it's creation.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055557094

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Indeed I am. It will save me trawling through boards looking for references to 'Last night on earth' or other board games.

Cheers Monkeyfudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Anyone know where in Cork you can buy standard sized playing cards with large print please?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Regarding my previous post, I have sourced the playing cards I was looking for, many thanks!

Now I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the game called "Downfall", I think made by MB games?

• Advertisement
Advertisement