Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning an Item to Zavvi

Options
  • 14-01-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭

They said freepost but I assume this only counts for Britain as it is in Guirnsey?

Anyone know how much it will cost to send a DVD over there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Anyone know how much it will cost to send a DVD over there?

If you send it registered it will be about 12 euro.
    Normal post would be 7.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    If you send it registered it will be about 12 euro.
    Normal post would be 7.50.

Christ, nearly half the price of the item itself. Cheers.

Hope the PO agree thats all it is.

EDIT:

So I would need over 10 stamps if I couldn't get to a post office?

To be honest I would advise you to get it weighed at the PO just in case.
    If it's a two disc DVD with a case then it could cost more.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Why are you returning the item? If you are returning it because it is defective, then Zavvi should cover or reimburse you the cost of postage.

Yeah, disc was loose in the box so there is a big scratch on it. This what they said to me

"Please return this to us via the freepost address below and we will be happy to send you a replacement or refund.

zavvi
    Freepost GU210
    Guernsey
    GY1 5SS

If you could also include a brief covering letter, clearly stating your order number, the reason for return and whether a replacement or refund is required.

Please could you also include your unique returns authorisation number:xxxxx

Without this we will not be able to complete your return and this may result in the item being sent back to you.

When returning your item please obtain a proof of postage which is provided free of charge from your local post office. This covers your item on its return to us.

Once you have sent it please allow at least 10 working days for the item to be returned back to us."

Fairly reasonable in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

In situations like this, are you legally allowed to download a copy of the film as you have paid for the rights to own it? (not that this is directly related to the question)

In situations like this, are you legally allowed to download a copy of the film as you have paid for the rights to own it? (not that this is directly related to the question)

Absolutely not. All you pay for is a license to watch it, you never own it per se.

In situations like this, are you legally allowed to download a copy of the film as you have paid for the rights to own it?

I'll be amazed if you can back this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can you post it to the FREEPOST address from Ireland?

Contact them and ask. If you can't, get them to confirm that they will reimburse you for the cost of postage. play.com did this for me once when I received a scratched disc, no problems.

Can you post it to the FREEPOST address from Ireland?

Afraid not. It's only FREEPOST within whatever country it is been sent to.

• Advertisement

I sent it off today. Post Office only charged me 2.70 for delivery.

Thought that was a bit wierd, when i got home I read the receipt and saw that she had charged me for ROI delivery. The package I sent off clearly says Guirnsey though.

Is this going to be returned to me because I wasn't charged the correct amount?

Advertisement