Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E71, Samsung Galaxy Spica or other?

Options
  • 14-01-2010 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Am currently with Meteor but considering porting to O2 when my contract expires tomorrow. Even if I stay I'm due an upgrade so have been looking at phones.

The two that seem most attractive at the moment are the E71 or the Galaxy Spica.

Am a huge texter, do some browsing, tweeting etc. I do a lot of travel and battery life is important, which is why I'm slightly more inclined not to go for a touch screen.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Battery life on the e71 is great - I get about 2 days and maybe 3 at time with average usage of web but alot of texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

i used a spica for about 2 weeks around xmas - o2's signal's just not good enough in my area to make full use of it. It's a great phone for its price says this samsung-hater!

battery life certainly beats the iPhone, but if you're out and about a LOT and test/surf a lot, go for the e71. It's very good. I had mine for over a year, and I work a lot online via phone (4-7 hrs/day easily)...2 days easy! When I limit use to checking emails etc I got 3-4 days out of a charge.

Reliable, sturdy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

In the end I got a Nokia 5800, stayed with Meteor. First Nokia in about 6 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

athtrasna wrote: »
    In the end I got a Nokia 5800, stayed with Meteor. First Nokia in about 6 years!

Use nokia software updater to update to the latest phone software, it should iron out a few bugs, you can get it here https://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update make sure and back up everything using nokia pc suite first, your phone will thank you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

Had a Spica for the last few months.Great little phone for the price,even better if you are a gmail user,works out of the box easily.Mediocre camera & video,very poor pc software(never got it to function properly on xp or win7)screen ok though,gps not bad,even more flexible if you root it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

oh forgot to say,battery life not very good if you are a heavy user.Blootooth and/or regular email downloading combined with a healthy daily call time mean you should never be too far from a charger.

Advertisement