Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promoted To G2-D and got to upload a vid!

Options
  • 14-01-2010 12:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

:D Moments like this make the game all the more enjoyable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

The problem I have is that when the match ends I usually tap "Start" to get back to the menu. But for uploading a video you have to press "A", if you press "Start" it aborts the upload. On more than a few Champ finals I've hit start on impulse and aborted the upload.

I really hope they make the match selection for upload less arbitrary in Super. I also hope they enable the feature on the PC to save matches to your PC (fraps is a pain because it lags the game intermitantly when I run it at my screens native resolution)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

I've never liked fraps its always caused lag in any game I've played.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

G2C and never had a video.

that's why I always record the fights for youtube. Video envy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i donts get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Yeh the video upload system goes by any time you win more total championship points than your previous highest it offers you the choice of uploading. The problem is here that most of us including myself will usually bash buttons to pass the crappy medal screens and what not so we end up missing the little option that says X to upload video.

Best way to combat it is just keep an eye on how many points the game is for beforehand incase it's above your personal best because if you win it you're likely to have the option afterwards to upload or save the replay.

Also as far as I know you can check your best on the leaderboards using a filter to check your rank/friends only. They may be no replay there but you'll know what you have to beat at least so you can look out for it in future if you notice your opponents and your championship point count is unusually high in a final. It's usually championship final's that will procure this option as they're often the matches played for the most points for obvious reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I've only ever gotten one replay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

L31mr0d wrote: »
    The problem I have is that when the match ends I usually tap "Start" to get back to the menu. But for uploading a video you have to press "A", if you press "Start" it aborts the upload. On more than a few Champ finals I've hit start on impulse and aborted the upload.

Oh my god, you're ****ting me?! I'm in G2A and still haven't got a replay! I also press start. What a load of balls

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

G2-A and no replay either. Honda can't do many fancy things, so it's harder to meet the requirements for a replay, I think. You always see Ryus up there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    G2-A and no replay either. Honda can't do many fancy things, so it's harder to meet the requirements for a replay, I think. You always see Ryus up there

??? The only requirements are high CP which is gotten by winning matches (the higher the GP of the guy you beat the more CP you get).

D4RK ONION wrote: »

There is no requirement for getting a replay. It only compares you to yourself. So basically the first time you win a championship final you will be prompted to save that replay. To get the prompt to save another championship replay you will need to beat whatever CP score you managed to get in the last final. Once you beat that score and win the final again you will be prompted again.

But like I and others have found out, the prompt to save the replay pops up at that medal screen that nobody looks at so most people skip it without reading the menu options at the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I think you need to be in the top 5000 CP score or something like that as well Leimrod, not sure though.

Details from eventhubs. I wish they would have explained that it appears on the medal page and you have to press A!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

There is no requirement for getting a replay. It only compares you to yourself. So basically the first time you win a championship final you will be prompted to save that replay. To get the prompt to save another championship replay you will need to beat whatever CP score you managed to get in the last final. Once you beat that score and win the final again you will be prompted again.

But like I and others have found out, the prompt to save the replay pops up at that medal screen that nobody looks at so most people skip it without reading the menu options at the bottom.

*Hugs L31mr0d* Thank you!!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I think you need to be in the top 5000 CP score or something like that as well Leimrod, not sure though.

Ok basically this is how it works for getting one.

1: You have to beat your own previous best total of Championship points won from your last replay. (If you don't have a last replay then see #2.)
    2: You have to be ranked within the top 5000 highest CP scores
    3: you have to make sure you tell it to upload it (i.e. don't skip it mashing start :))

Ry wrote: »
    Ok basically this is how it works for getting one.

1: You have to beat your own previous best total of Championship points won
    2: It has to be in the top 5000 scores of that day
    3: you have to make sure you tell it to upload it (i.e. don't skip it mashing start :))

What a great system implemented by capcom there :rolleyes:

to be honest I like it because it means you really have to earn your replay in a way for it to be seen by others. Think about how many games are played constantly ye know. This way it's filtering out low CP matches. It means the 2 in the final would have had to have beaten high GP and CP amounts to build a total enough to qualify and therefore are more likely to be worth watching down to the fact they've gotten that far.

Obviously it'd be nice to be able to save good replays whenever you want though and to be able to share them around for others to watch in that respect yes it's ****.

Ok this is it revised. There's a ranking of top CP scores and it has to rank within top 5000 which looks to be based on personal bests because obviously large amounts are often played for in G1 and SG class but in order to rank they have to be better than a previous best of the people winning them.

1: You have to beat your own previous best total of Championship points won from your last replay. (If you don't have a last replay then see #2.)
    2: You have to be ranked within the top 5000 highest CP scores

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

How can you enter a 'Free Championship'?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

lazlo wrote: »
    How can you enter a 'Free Championship'?

When you are selecting what game to connect to in Championship Mode, there'll be an option to stick to your grade or free.

As far as I know, Free Championships don't give you any GP though, so they're a little useless and empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

It's blind luck really whether you beat your score, its a combination of who you beat and who they have beaten. So you could beat all top top ranked players in your bracket but if they have beaten low ranked players your score could still suck.

And the problem with the replay at the moment is you have to beat it to put a new one up, my replay at the moment sucks, but I cannot beat my score so its stuck up there :mad:

Ry wrote: »
    to be honest I like it because it means you really have to earn your replay in a way for it to be seen by others. Think about how many games are played constantly ye know. This way it's filtering out low CP matches. It means the 2 in the final would have had to have beaten high GP and CP amounts to build a total enough to qualify and therefore are more likely to be worth watching down to the fact they've gotten that far.

That also makes it more likely for there to be sagat mirror matches!! It should all come down to whether or not I have the harddrive space on my xbox. If I enjoyed a fight (whether it be first round or final) I should be able to save the input data to my own HD. Nevermind uploading it to the database for others to see, just that I could see it myself or share with friends.

• Advertisement

animaX wrote: »
    That also makes it more likely for there to be sagat mirror matches!! It should all come down to whether or not I have the harddrive space on my xbox. If I enjoyed a fight (whether it be first round or final) I should be able to save the input data to my own HD. Nevermind uploading it to the database for others to see, just that I could see it myself or share with friends.

Absolutely. It should be by choice entirely. The uploading to database ****, fine whatever, stay as it is but we should be able to save our replays for ourselves at will. I'd agree with that.

animaX wrote: »
    just that I could see it myself or share with friends.

There has also been tons of moments in matches where something will come out which I was sure I didn't do the inputs for. It would be handy to play back that match, enable the input display and slomo and see exactly what I was doing.

The system is a complete mess and I think the fact that the CP is the deciding factor is a joke. Like others have said, you could play all your championship matches against high level players and win, but if they have all beaten low CP players you won't be offered a replay.

The deciding factor for the replay should not be a combination of their winnings and your winnings. At worst it should be decided upon only by the total CP from your own winnings. At best there should be two options, 1: to save the replay locally, 2: If the CP is high enough to upload it.

Just watched your Replay Lazlo. Fair play :) I like the finish on the first round. Was a nice little TP behind her hehe.

TheAt best there should be two options, 1: to save the replay locally, 2: If the CP is high enough to upload it.

Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Where do you go to watch these replays?

Into the leaderboards and just move it to friends and you will get anyones who is uploaded from your friends list.

FINALLY, i got a replay upload! Got into G1 a few days ago so I knew that as soon as I won a championship I would get a replay. It says "press A to upload, B to ignore" just after the fight but the buttons on my stick aren't labelled so I was in a panic trying to remember which button was A :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

My problem is pressing the damn A button and erasing a good replay that I might be particularly proud of!!. Played a damn good 30,000 dhalsim and had some nice combos with a sweet dash ultra through a yoga fire to finish him and I erased it with a sloppy match with a 50000 ryu. Personally the number of cp really doesn't show the true skill level of a player to me.
    P.s. Ry and laslo, dunno if I have your Xbox live gamertags???.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

BanjoB wrote: »
    My problem is pressing the damn A button and erasing a good replay that I might be particularly proud of!!. Played a damn good 30,000 dhalsim and had some nice combos with a sweet dash ultra through a yoga fire to finish him and I erased it with a sloppy match with a 50000 ryu. Personally the number of cp really doesn't show the true skill level of a player to me.
    P.s. Ry and laslo, dunno if I have your Xbox live gamertags???.

I hated that. I think the old one gets erased even if you don't save it or something? Annoying. Reminds me of the time when I had this really good replay Vs a Fei Long where all my links were perfect and I even landed Cannon Spike FADC Ultra (which was a big achievement for me back then). Then not two Championships later I had to sacrifice it for a boring one Vs Sagat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Yeah, you can store 40 replays locally on console

Advertisement