Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toomevara's Closing of Valid Thread in Rugby Forum

Options
  • 14-01-2010 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Toomevara closed what was a very valid thread on a serious topic because in his own words ''Rather than having to ban a few individuals I will close this thread'

heres the thread in question
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055798874

To me toomevara is allowing a few idiots hijack a valid discussion and get the thread closed simply because he doesn't want to have to ban them. Surely his job as a mod is to ban these people and allow discussion continue?
    Perhaps he shouldn't be mod then? He says he does it so people can discuss the game of rugby but then closes the thread not allowing discussion because he doesn't want to have to deal with it as he is not 'getting paid'

Could an admin please point out where in that thread I broke any forum rules? Simply stating my opinion is being a wind up merchant because a mod doesnt like it now?

heres my PM
    Originally Posted by Size=everything
    It's a very valid discussion about the ML and how serious it is taken.

Closing rather than banning a few idiots and muppets who stiffle discussion is absurd. Why are you letting them ruin a thread because you dont want to do yourjob?

Really banned for that?

It seems to me that Toomevara is himself getting hot under the collar at the topic at hand and doesn't want it discussed. Either that or he isn't bothered to do his job as mod and ensure discussion because he isn't getting paid. I don't think its fair that a mod will allow a minority of posters to get a thread closed that the majority are taking seriously. As for saying I would be banned for my statements? Completely unfair I didn't break any rules just stated my opinion and suddenly I'm in line for a possible banning?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

First off, did you get Toomevara permission to print his Private Message?

Secondly, if you do not like his response, have you discussed it with the CMods of that section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

I was advised by Toomevara to take this matter straight to helpdesk.

He knows that I posted the PM also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

For the record he DID NOT have my permission to post my PM. Nor was I aware he was going to do so. I want it removed immediately.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

PM removed as no permission was given.

Could you both read this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

A warning was issued on thread. It was flouted by a number of posters, going down a well worn route. The thread was locked as per warning. Its quite simple.

• Advertisement

Nice move toomevara, censoring the main crux of my argument of your modship intentions simply because you can.

Instead of arguing my point you chose to censor it, than in itself is enough proof that you know you are in the wrong here.

toomevara wrote: »
    A warning was issued on thread. It was flouted by a number of posters, going down a well worn route. The thread was locked as per warning. Its quite simple.

Whats quite simple is that you weren't bothered doing your job as mod to ban users that steered discussion of. Instead you took the easy way out ruining the discussion.

Im not allowed to post your PM but I now know your reasons for doing this its just a shame that the appropirate Cmods and Admins won't see your disgrace of a PM to me.

I was going to subscribe to boards.ie but after toomevaras conduct in his PM to me I will refrain from doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Lets be clear here: closing threads is a 100% legitimate action for toomevara (or any mod) to take when they expect the thread to spiral into chaos.

Given the history of threads about O'Gara in particular, it is a certainty that this would have happened here. It's unfortunate but a reality that it's nigh on impossible to have a rational discussion about the guy because he tends to evoke strong emotions (to put it mildy).

toomevar was completely entitled to close the thread based on the history of similar threads and the content of the posts that were appearing.

Advertisement