Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to deal with bills (electric, gas) when moving?

• 14-01-2010 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Im moving to a new apartment in a few weeks. In my current apartment the gas and electricity are in my name.

Can anyone advise:

Do i just ring up to get my account transferred to the new property a day or two before i move, or is there some other proceure?

Will i get charged for any outstanding debts that may be left over from previous tennants?

how is this usually managed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

You should call ESB and inform them that you are moving and give them a meter reading of the day you leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

final readings are taken, you call up esb/gas with final reading, then call them back when your in the new place with the first reading.

billing continues as normal with bills redirected to new address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,451 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Find out from your landlord what he wants done with the accounts. :)

You shouldn't be responsible for previous tenants, but how come this hasn't been sorted yet?

Advertisement