Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENT 13-14/02/2010 : Epic-Con 2010

Options
  • 14-01-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Just a reminder for all those that visit the board.

NUI Maynooth
    Darts go close enough to the college, get off at maynooth station, walk straight along the road past the park, & take a left when you get to the main road, these are the housing quarters which are available for rent. To get to the venue itself, just follow the right hand side of the housing area around, you'll walk by bushes on your left until you come to a funny statue of the pope (I think) on your right, and another building on your right, and a bridge in front of you. Cross the bridge & then cross the green & steer to the right hand side, but keep walking straight along the path. The venue is a big building with a green & the bar on the left, & the venue is on the right. It has multiple big red poles as part of the structure. Hope these directions help!

I'm not on the committee but i remember how tricky it was to find the venue last year for all those going.

Hope to see you all there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Has there been much promotion?
    Here's a link to the site for those interested.

Looking at the schedule for last year, other than the occassional anime screening, is there much anime/manga content at the con?
    I haven't gone myself, so just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

AFAIK, last year was the 1st year, & they only had 1 floor in the building, & were constantly getting shushed by the group that had the ground floor, buit this year, i heard they have the ENTIRE building, so there should be more to do this year, & it's looking good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Hi all,

I'm not on the Epic-con committee and not really in the loop, but I'll be able to confirm all the details tomorrow.

I believe we're planning many more screenings this year which will have a good bit of anime.
    There'll also be a reading that'll be well stocked (and organised) with tons of manga.
    I also believe there's also going to be a manga drawing workshop.
    And no doubt there'll be cosplay and what have you.

I also hear there's going to be some magic. I forget the guy's name but I hear he's damn good.;)

As for directions, google maps are incredibly unhelpful around Maynooth for some reason.
    It's easy enough to get to Maynooth form the city centre, either take the 66 bus from Pearse St. or take the train from Connelly.
    Or drive.

Once in town it's hard to miss the campus.
    The con is in the Hume Building on the north campus (i.e. the one without the ancient buildings).
    Just look for the footbridge on the Kilcock road and you should find your way.
    http://access.nuim.ie/files/images/17_nuim_north_new_First_Picture__0.jpg

I'll post more info as soon as I get confirmation from the committee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dragons Revenge

Awesome! I'll have to check that out. How far is it from Dublin (Specifically, Santry) and is there ample transportation?

Awesome! I'll have to check that out. How far is it from Dublin (Specifically, Santry) and is there ample transportation?

It's about 45 mins from city centre by the bus.
    Buses run ever 30 mins or so and trains are hourly I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

dragons i'm down the road in coolock you can just take the dart it takes you within 5 mins of the university.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 LucasGaGa

I know this sounds pathetic but how do I go to it? can you just turn up?
    What exactly happens!? email me japan_luver1@ymail.com

LucasGaGa wrote: »
    I know this sounds pathetic but how do I go to it? can you just turn up?
    What exactly happens!? email me japan_luver1@ymail.com

Turn up, pay at the door.
    No need to register or anything.

Bump.

Epic-con 2.0 begins tomorrow morning @ 10am.

Come one, come all!

Advertisement