Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darwin - the place to be

Options
  • 14-01-2010 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Darwin was featured on No Frontiers on RTE. You can watch it here

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1063824

Its the place to be these days - it will be coming into the Dry season in April and its one of the few places left that has the jobs.

I must say, I loved Darwin when I was there. Its so laid back.

Would any of you consider moving there?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Darwin is a GodAwful****hole<Size==a Million>FullFvckinStop<size>

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Going there Wednesday for 3 days to try and get a car. Looking forward to a change of scenery and being back in relative civilisation.... Mmmm subway.....
    This time of year though its awful with the cyclones and wet season and really really high humidity.
    We've had a bunch of 40+ days but its usually worse up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I was watching this the other day and i have to say that i noticed quiet a few changes along the main street since i was there 3 years ago. Mitchell on Malacuka looks JAMMERS !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The place is one big zoo with its own rules, good for a little while then made me go crazy.. no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Not a big fan of Darwin either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

nm wrote: »
    The place is one big zoo with its own rules, good for a little while then made me go crazy.. no thanks

And what do you mean by zoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

And what do you mean by zoo?

I think with all sorts of animals and all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I think with all sorts of animals and all.

Yeah i think we all know what he meant by zoo:mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Yeah i think we all know what he meant by zoo:mad:.

God knows what you freaks are getting at but I was more thinking of the general lawlessness of open smoking inside all the bars and restaurants, total ignoring of speed limits, unruly Irish people that you all so venomously hate running amok in said Melaleuca On Mitchell and the likes, etc, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭rivermetimbers

nm wrote: »
    God knows what you freaks are getting at but I was more thinking of the general lawlessness of open smoking inside all the bars and restaurants, total ignoring of speed limits, unruly Irish people that you all so venomously hate running amok in said Melaleuca On Mitchell and the likes, etc, etc.
    i lived in darwin for 3 months in 07 and worked in Shags, great spot, oved it.... never did as much riding in my life:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement